Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calexit
https://www.yahoo.com/news/californians-might-vote-2018-taking-223200544.html

Quote:In 2018, the issue of whether California should secede from the union could come to a head.

Yes California Independence Campaign, a fringe political group that calls for the state to become an independent nation, filed a proposed ballot measure with the Attorney General's Office on November 21, The Sacramento Bee reports.
If it garners the half a million signatures required to appear on the 2018 gubernatorial ballot, the measure would strike language from the state constitution that would help clear a path to secession.

[Image: 74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
They've been living off of Fed money for a bit, hadn't they ?
I'd wager we'd redirect a bit of water back to it's original path.
That's going to be a bad day for them.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Just like Texas almost every year for the past 8...

Go ahead and go.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This is a hilarious idea by them.

They are already heavily reliant on federal money. Not to mention that based off of population, their share of the $19.9t in debt would be roughly $2.45 trillion dollars. You don't get to leave AND not pay your share of the debt.

Also say goodbye to your film industry, because it's not going to be working across country borders.
Also say goodbye to your Naval yards, military bases, etc. Those are US troops spending US federal dollars. (Though admittedly California has a pretty decent sized National Guard/Air National Guard.)
Also say goodbye to your energy. The only energy California really has access to right now is offshore oil/shale, and they've fought tooth and nail to keep that from being mined.
Also say goodbye to your WATER, because you rely on 8 states to get it from.

This whole breaking off and becoming their own country thing really only quasi-works (only quasi) for Texas. They have their own food/water/energy/military. California only has food and military, and without the water, they wouldn't have food anymore.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
It's the same kind of butthurt bitchfest that we all, rightfully, castigated Texas for on the old board. Secession is directly forbidden by the US Constitution so anyone seriously advocating for such may be guilty of sedition. As stated before, anyone in public office, a sworn peace officer or a US service member is sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. They are oath bound to oppose this.

Please don't lump all of CA in with these asshats. A large percentage of CA residents love the United States and would never vote to leave. I do find it interesting that CA has blocked northern California from forming it's own state yet this is kosher? Negative ghostrider, the pattern is set.
(11-23-2016, 01:25 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's the same kind of butthurt bitchfest that we all, rightfully, castigated Texas for on the old board. Secession is directly forbidden by the US Constitution so anyone seriously advocating for such may be guilty of sedition. As stated before, anyone in public office, a sworn peace officer or a US service member is sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. They are oath bound to oppose this.

Please don't lump all of CA in with these asshats. A large percentage of CA residents love the United States and would never vote to leave. I do find it interesting that CA has blocked northern California from forming it's own state yet this is kosher? Negative ghostrider, the pattern is set.
You are the only reason I haven't suggested nuking the fault.