Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (False) Narrative that Burrow will go the way of Andrew Luck
(02-23-2022, 04:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The point is that Luck isn't Luck. He wasn't hit or sacked that much.

You're right dude, but check out my post a couple posts earlier. It's all about the feels Luck was having. We just don't need Burrow feeling, "Forget this, my body is taking a beating."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 03:36 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Luck wasn’t into football much. He always had different aspirations, and he wanted to have a family and do his thing. Luck was so good at football, but I never felt he lived and breathed it like a lot of the QBs.

This is correct.  And there's nothing wrong with it, either.  He retired a wealthy man and now has a long life ahead of him for his other pursuits.  He's just not wired like a Burrow, and in the grand scheme of things, that's okay.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Burrow will ever quit without a ring.
Reply/Quote
Well playing QB can take its toll. Sam Bradford was going to be a good one but his knees got rocked. Luck had concussions. None of us are can see in the future. Hopefully the Bengals improve his protection
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 01:23 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well playing QB can take its toll. Sam Bradford was going to be a good one but his knees got rocked. Luck had concussions. None of us are can see in the future. Hopefully the Bengals improve his protection

Luck had 1 concussion, he may have had more of course, but there's only 1 documented. Bradford had an ACL on his left knee (not both knees). yes injurie can take their toll but I don't think Luck is single minded like Burrow.

Roethlisberger took a ton of sacks (remember he likes to hold the ball too long).
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 02:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't Luck play recklessly and have issues with sliding? He ran a good bit, averaging 3.9 rushes per game. For comparison, Joey B runs 3.0 times per game, almost 25% less. Doesn't sound like much, but that's 15+ more hits per season. Down field...where LBs and safeties can hit him like any other player. Combine that with issues with sliding and it wasn't a good combo.

Even then, it's not like Luck was always hurt. He only missed significant time in 2 of his 7 seasons. He retired after playing a full 16 game schedule. I just don't think his heart was in it, and it's possible he retired due to CTE concerns or a lack of love for the game.

Anyways...no one is saying a good line "guarantees" an injury free career. It just greatly improves the odds. Less sacks/hits = less opportunity for a hit that takes out Joe's knees.

EDIT: Yikes...I didn't realize my sig was that gigantic on PC. Looks fine on my phone. LOL

(02-23-2022, 02:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You beat me to it. I don't have any insider info on it but that was my take from the way he was talking. He just wasn't into it anymore. I don't think JB will have that come up anytime soon.

You dudes just nailed my thoughts on the comparison.

Get the OL fixed and just drastically make the odds better is all. Burrow plays reckless too, just needs to slide better and keep 
that burning in his belly that makes him special. QB's with great OL's get hurt too just the same and Burrow is a do or die type 
of QB that likes to make magic happen. I hope this isn't ever taken from him, it is what makes him special.
Reply/Quote