Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fanbase
It's truly a shame that this franchise is mismanaged to the point that it hasn't won a playoff game in 28+ years.

Other cities (minus Detroit) get to experience atleast occasional playoff success. Most teams have won 5+ games over the past 30 years.

Yet, here we are again. Rooting for a dismal team. The coaching staff looks inept. The players look bad. A lot appear to be regressing.

This could have been an offseason of legit excitement. An experienced DC to go with an inexperienced HC. A key free agent signing at LB like Jordan Hicks. Maybe a solid Guard that knows the Rams system like Saffold.

Instead...on the 1st day of free agency, we got Bobby Hart. Then in the coming days we got Bengals management blasting fans for criticizing the move.

One would have to think that with a GM and league average scouting department we could win atleast eventually in the playoffs. Anyone can go out to NFL Teams websites and see how the front offices are configured. This isn't some super secret info.

WHY can't we copy one of these franchises?

Instead, we get a naieve and extremely inexperienced coach who's probably going to destroy his NFL career...like Dave Shula.

We may argue as fans...but to still be here, we have to be loyal. We deserve better!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's truly a shame that this franchise is mismanaged to the point that it hasn't won a playoff game in 28+ years.

Other cities (minus Detroit) get to experience atleast occasional playoff success. Most teams have won 5+ games over the past 30 years.

Yet, here we are again. Rooting for a dismal team. The coaching staff looks inept. The players look bad. A lot appear to be regressing.

This could have been an offseason of legit excitement. An experienced DC to go with an inexperienced HC. A key free agent signing at LB like Jordan Hicks. Maybe a solid Guard that knows the Rams system like Saffold.

Instead...on the 1st day of free agency, we got Bobby Hart. Then in the coming days we got Bengals management blasting fans for criticizing the move.

One would have to think that with a GM and league average scouting department we could win atleast eventually in the playoffs. Anyone can go out to NFL Teams websites and see how the front offices are configured. This isn't some super secret info.

WHY can't we copy one of these franchises?

Instead, we get a naieve and extremely inexperienced coach who's probably going to destroy his NFL career...like Dave Shula.

We may argue as fans...but to still be here, we have to be loyal. We deserve better!

Actually if we go 1 -15 or 0 -16 Taylor is worse. Their was no talent on the team Shula had.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Actually if we go 1 -15 or 0 -16 Taylor is worse. Their was no talent on the team Shula had.

You definitely know how I feel about ZT. Underperformed at every stop he's been in, then jumped on McVay's coat tail.
Reply/Quote
I feel badly for Taylor.

This roster is awful and most of our best players are pushing or over 30.

AJ  needs to leave for his own good and Mixon needs to get out now before he has to negotiate for a second contract.

I wish Geno and Carlos had left for their own good. This franchise does not deserve players of that quality.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quote:We may argue as fans...but to still be here, we have to be loyal. 
I hate to seem argumentitive but no, there really is no requirement for loyalty to this shitshow..  I've given up on any sense of loyalty to a franchise that shows no loyalty to us in return, just contempt, arrogance and incompetence..  Loyalty isn't a one way proposition, but you wouldn't know that going by the past few decades..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:24 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I feel badly for Taylor.

AJ  needs to leave for his own good and Mixon needs to get out now before he has to negotiate for a second contract.

I wish Geno and Carlos had left for their own good. This franchise does not deserve players of that quality.

I don't know. I saw a lot of confidence from Taylor on his ability to turn guys around like Bobby Hart. I think he definitely had atleast some say in the acquisitions.

His inexperience probably led him to thinking he could come in and copy the Rams playbook and succeed here and that the coaches could improve players.

As it stands though, he's in way over his head.

Honestly, IF Sean McVay were our HC...I think we're atleast 2-2 with this roster. Maybe 3-1.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:24 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I feel badly for Taylor.

We should somehow think our current players, almost all multi-millionaires deserve "rings" with other teams? Personally I think just getting paid that kind of money should be quite sufficient. It's not as if they're having a tough time getting by and deserve something none of us fans get to enjoy.. If we don't get to enjoy it then why should we be concerned with whether they get some gaudy jewelry or not? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It really is contempt. This team has glaring weaknesses that they won't address.

Even when we had good rosters, they wouldn't address MLB and C and it killed us in the playoffs because good teams know how to attack that.
Reply/Quote
I'll be there Sunday. Its a 7 hour round trip for us, but I'll be there supporting the team. If we can win and be 1-4 and maybe 2 games out of 1st. Crazy!
Reply/Quote
You can see it taking a toll on the fans here in the forum. In past years, the day after a game the Noise would be flooded with threads and posts going well into page 2. Today, the front page has about 2/3ds of threads after the game, with the rest from yesterday. Just another indicator that fewer and fewer seem to care about them like they used.

I also will be interested to see another indicator come Sunday which is attendance. It could be a record low for PBS.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
The patriots salivate at having our players. Trade Andy to the Patriots. Brady is ready to retire after his last super bowl this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You definitely know how I feel about ZT. Underperformed at every stop he's been in, then jumped on McVay's coat tail.

But why did McVay first give Taylor a chance? And then even promoted him. He must have seen something in him right?

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Actually if we go 1 -15 or 0 -16 Taylor is worse. Their was no talent on the team Shula had.

Shula also went 5-11 his first year. He did have Boomer that year, but Mike Brown traded him away following the year and Munoz was aging and retired. But we got Klingler! Yeah!

ZT is shaping up to compete for the worst coaching hire in Bengals history. We'll have to see how the year goes. We all thought New Dey meant New "Good" Deys, but I guess we were wrong about that "Good" part. We just sorta assumed, I guess.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals had a good run when Zim and Marvin (and even Gruden) were here...a couple plays/mistakes go away and the Bengals could have had a SuperBowl appearance....its not quite as bad as the op. Now letting Zimmer walk out the door, bringing in terrible replacement coaches, letting bad coaches stick around for 15+ years, not evolving and extending mediocre players past their contracts has made things worse and harder for the team to keep up with the rest of the league.
[Image: 5Lx1vqY]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:06 AM)xEGDx Wrote: The Bengals had a good run when Zim and Marvin (and even Gruden) were here...a couple plays/mistakes go away and the Bengals could have had a SuperBowl appearance....its not quite as bad as the op.  Now letting Zimmer walk out the door, bringing in terrible replacement coaches, letting bad coaches stick around for 15+ years, not evolving and extending mediocre players past their contracts has made things worse and harder for the team to keep up with the rest of the league.

If every fan on here and those that read this,the best way to get Mike Browns attention to make changes is do not go to games,stay home, and keep complaining everywhere you can.Demand a GM,better scouts, and for mike brown to step down and hire someone other than family that knows football.Honestly folks,our team is not going anywhere expect down down down.I at times feel for the good players on this team to have to be here.A lot of them are going to demand a trade after this season.And the good ones have already packed it in.They know they have no shot of a playoff and it will not surprise me if they lose to the cards.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: We should somehow think our current players, almost all multi-millionaires deserve "rings" with other teams? Personally I think just getting paid that kind of money should be quite sufficient. It's not as if they're having a tough time getting by and deserve something none of us fans get to enjoy.. If we don't get to enjoy it then why should we be concerned with whether they get some gaudy jewelry or not? 

Can't argue with you.

But I still think that a young coach signed up to run a sinking ship. He made a really bad career choice.

Instead of feeling sorry for Taylor maybe I should have said that Mike Brown, his family members who  have jobs with the team, Duke Tobin and our under-staffed scouting department that had completely blown the last 3 to 5 drafts - are the folks to blame- not Taylor.

The only chance for the Bengals to be successful before lease runs out is to hire a very experienced NFL coach who is given total control and the money for a better scouting department.

This will never happen and Bengals will crash out of Cincinnati when they don't get another new stadium.
Reply/Quote
To play devil's advocate, what does the depth look like behind those pricey FAs on those teams?

I bring this up because I am almost certain that the Bengals' FO is so worried about injuries happening. They also don't want to have to pay a boat load for players who aren't on the field.
Therefore, in their minds, get the mid-tier veterans who comes at half or a third of the cost of an upper tier guy and you can have more of them vs a bunch of league-minimum vets or Day 3 draft picks for depth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:04 PM)RGS55 Wrote: I'll be there Sunday. Its a 7 hour round trip for us, but I'll be there supporting the team. If we can win and be 1-4 and maybe 2 games out of 1st. Crazy!

I'll be there too, I have season tickets and fly to/from every game. Not because I think we'll turn it around this season but because it's something new that's not Marvin. We'll probably end up with a top 5 pick this year and that's fine, I'm in it for the long haul and want to see what Zac can do in a few years. Unless we do absolutely nothing in FA, trade, draft I will be renewing my season tickets no matter the teams record this year.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:06 AM)xEGDx Wrote: The Bengals had a good run when Zim and Marvin (and even Gruden) were here...a couple plays/mistakes go away and the Bengals could have had a SuperBowl appearance....

LOL, we did not even win a single playoff game let alone the 3 it takes to get to the SB. We were no where near close given that each progressive playoff game amps up the intensity and all ML teams folded more as the lights got brighter. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But why did McVay first give Taylor a chance? And then even promoted him. He must have seen something in him right?

ZT was assistant WR Coach Year 1. Then year 2 QB Coach.

IF we hired a good offensive NFL Coach, I may have been for hiring ZT as OC.

I do think Taylor has a good knowledge of football and can talk about it and sound knowledgeable. There's a huge difference between that skillset and leading a team and knowing what to do when.

He just doesn't seem to have it when it comes to playcalling.
Reply/Quote