Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fans have spoken
(12-03-2018, 04:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was definately the emptiest i have seen the stadium and i sure saw a lot of Bronco fans.

I think MB has to acknowledge this, atleast Katie and Troy have to.

I don't believe they care enough to make the needed changes either. I can't understand why would anyone would continue to run their organization in a way that is an embarrassment to the city & the league as a whole ? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:17 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I don't believe they care enough to make the needed changes either. I can't understand why would anyone would continue to run their organization in a way that is an embarrassment to the city & the league as a whole ? 

Because they annually make about or at least $20M per year PLUS the franchise value goes up like $50M per year. So they don't care because this is a business to them with fixed revenues, growing revenues and shared revenues all in an environment where they do not have to expend as much as other teams. It is a that simple.

ANYONE who hears or believes that Mike Brown 'wants to win' is a fool. He has the perfect business model that requires little to no skill or effort. He does not have to fire people often and 'disturb their lives', he can just carry on being in the middle to bottom of the pack. 

The odd thing is his franchise could be worth $500M more if he invested in the team and brand. But he cant or wont do it. 

Robert Kraft wants to win and he does everything in his power to do so. His team and fans know this and it shows.

Mike Brown wants to run his family business and make money, and it shows on the field and with the fans. Even back in CP days we now know the players wanted him to be aggressive to make moves to win but he would not. And still does not, and he will not as long as he is running the business. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Marvin at today's news conference:

"Our job is to win football games. The only way to win back the fans is to win football games."

The mere fact he was still the head coach at this news conference...  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:36 AM)SladeX Wrote: The fans could find out who has the boxes, and boycott their products/services. Embarass Brown's ass among his peers.

Our mighty Bengals will not win another game this year
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: "Our job is to win football games. The only way to win back the fans is for me to resign."

Fixed that up for you, Marv.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin at today's news conference:

"Our job is to win football games. The only way to win back the fans is to win football games."

The mere fact he was still the head coach at this news conference...  Rolleyes

I almost made a thread about this presser.

When asked about AJ's status, Marvin said ''I forgot to ask about anything''. So apparently he forgot to inquire about the best player on the team. I mean, why would he afterall...

Unflipping believable. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I almost made a thread about this presser.

When asked about AJ's status, Marvin said ''I forgot to ask about anything''. So apparently he forgot to inquire about the best player on the team. I mean, why would he afterall...

Unflipping believable. 

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:45 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Cleveland fans are much more loyal

I thought that's how it worked??  Bandwagon fans in Cincy??
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:46 PM)jason Wrote: When I was outta the room, I'd hear cheering. I'd walk back in, and the Broncos had just made a play. What a pathetic environment.

Not showing up doesn't hurt Mike Brown. He makes his money off TV.

I'm not judging. I'm not showing up either.

I wouldn't blame the fans (not that you are). I blame Mike Brown for not caring about the fans.

If they don't show up, Mike should do something to bring them back. The fans are just showing that they're (rightfully) pissed about the apathy and complacency of this front office. I feel for the players (I guess) and it does look bad, but good. Mike deserves all the embarrassment because he won't run his franchise in a professional manner.

(12-03-2018, 10:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: michaelsean

And probably right about the time the Oilers said bye bye.

Yep, it was. Houston wasn't going to see the Oilers after the move was announced.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 07:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I honestly hate seeing this (Marv sheepishly answering questions about his job status). Marv should've been gone years ago. Now that his tenure has gone far beyond ridiculous levels, it will even change his legacy. Had he been fired after 2010, I feel fans would look back on him more favorably. As it stands now, I like Marv and will always appreciate 2003-2005, but his lasting legacy will be the 0-7 playoff record and overstaying his welcome by at least 5+ years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:10 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: As long as there is revenue sharing as it is to this day, NFL owners have little to care if their team sucks.  A team can be terrible and the owner still rakes in about $200+ million from revenue share alone per season.  How many other products out there where the consumer can be disappointed in the product for decades and the company still makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year?  

Revenue sharing should be reworked for one to try to stop teams from tanking and two to stop people like Mike Brown from just coasting with little care for the product they produce.  Any team that finishes ranked below 16th should lose a percentage of their revenue share scaled based on where they finished.  Finish 17th, lose 2%, finish 18th lose 3%, finish 19th lose 4% etc.  The amount subtracted from the revenue share should be donated to charity.

Mike Brown is earning over 200 million a year via revenue sharing whether you go to the games or not.  Even after salary and other expenses that's still a great return from revenue sharing alone.

tl;dr Mike doesn't care if you go to the games.  Since they removed the black out rule ticket sales have probably declined even more.  I remember when local companies would buy tickets just to avoid the black out when sales sucked.   That doens't even matter anymore.
If you don't like the system we can switch to baseball system where the NY Yankees can buy a championship every year and kill the sport.
Reply/Quote
I expect Mike Brown would rather sell out the stadium than not. He may make a hefty sum from the profit sharing, but at the end of the day those empty seats are costing him even more money. Let's not pretend it doesn't matter at all.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
621-TDTD (8383) to get your tickets to see the Vegas Raiders. Seize the Dey already, damn it!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 07:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I honestly hate seeing this (Marv sheepishly answering questions about his job status). Marv should've been gone years ago. Now that his tenure has gone far beyond ridiculous levels, it will even change his legacy. Had he been fired after 2010, I feel fans would look back on him more favorably. As it stands now, I like Marv and will always appreciate 2003-2005, but his lasting legacy will be the 0-7 playoff record and overstaying his welcome by at least 5+ years.

In general, you're better off leaving sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I expect Mike Brown would rather sell out the stadium than not.  He may make a hefty sum from the profit sharing, but at the end of the day those empty seats are costing him even more money.  Let's not pretend it doesn't matter at all.

We haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years...and he hasn't hired a GM. That speaks volumes.

The Bengals are managed like a small market baseball team.
Reply/Quote