Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD
(12-03-2023, 11:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mahomes has not produced a TD in the first half and recently against Denver no TD’s the whole game. But Andy Reid’s a genius. Well he got fired at Philly because of QB play. Amazing how that works. He’s 1-3 vs Zac

Not sure what your post has to do with mine but Reid and Mahomes aredi g to Hall of Fame, enough said on their careers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 08:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mixon is averaging a 20+ yard run once every 80.5 carries right now. 

2023: 80.5 carries per
2022: 52.5 carries per
2021: 48.7 carries per
2020: 39.7 carries per
2019: 46.3 carries per
2018: 21.5 carries per
2017: 89.0 carries per

So it actually is pretty easy to say that if you gave him 20 carries he wouldn't break a big run because he would only average one every 2-4 games, with the exception of 2018.

Another thing on Goodberrys episode. Was that Mixons runs with QB under center his YPC is down for his career but his explosive plays are higher. I'm sure there is alot to this stat both ways as one with Burrow it's almost always shotgun throw so if they go under center defenses are probably keyed up. But also the more shotgun snaps are coming more recently and he's getting older. But interesting either way.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 08:34 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Actually on Goodberrys recent episode they looked at this play. Hudson was basically wide open on the other side of the field. I guess it appeared overall that Browning was predeterming where to throw and probably only going off a pre snap read and never accounting for any post snap changes. 
They did bring something up that I'm sure we all know but certainly hasn't been mentioned enough. This season is lost so it's not just running to win said game. It's running to get something working. I'm sure it will change the rest of the way but if we do continue to give up on the run it'll definitely be worrisome for the future because we are gonna need to give Burrow help in that regard next season.

That’s right I remember seeing that. He could have walked in. I’m guessing the play was designed to go to the left though and that’s where nothing was open.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure what your post has to do with mine but Reid and Mahomes aredi g to Hall of Fame, enough said on their careers.

Only that you were discussing the Chiefs. It really had little to do with yours
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:34 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I would absolutely give Zac credit if we came out well prepared for a game and he called plays in a manner where the players made it look easy. That happened against the 9ers. I gave him props for that game and the bills game. Other than those two games things have not been easy. In the playoffs things have not been easy. Good coaching makes things easier on the players, and makes the players look better than they are. There are players, such as Chase, that have regressed. Chase came out taking the nfl by storm his first year. Of course he gets more attention now, but so does tyreek hill. His coach is making him look better than ever.

As far as the 9ers dline, it is better. Their oline this year was ranked lower than our going into this season because they lost one of their best players in the offseason. They seem better than us, I agree. But we have good players. We should be doing better than we are.

Again, coaching and play calling makes a huge difference on player performance. All I’m saying is I see room for improvement. Zac can do better. He needs to have fans let him know he can do better. Failure can be a huge blessing as it can spur breakthroughs.

Yeah another area I think we need to improve is with Chase. We do need to get back getting explosive plays from him and finding ways to get him in space in the secondary. I also really hope we put the RPO screens to him in the trash. The negative of those plays has to outweigh the positives.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 08:41 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Another thing on Goodberrys episode. Was that Mixons runs with QB under center his YPC is down for his career but his explosive plays are higher. I'm sure there is alot to this stat both ways as one with Burrow it's almost always shotgun throw so if they go under center defenses are probably keyed up. But also the more shotgun snaps are coming more recently and he's getting older. But interesting either way.

I remember a lot of afc north wins with Marv where Mixon would struggle to run the ball and suddenly late in the game things opened up more and that won us the game in the end. These afc north games are all about establishing the run game. The Steelers made it a huge point of emphasis and won the game because of it. You have to stick with it and make it your goal because it decides the game more often than not.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 08:47 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: That’s right I remember seeing that. He could have walked in. I’m guessing the play was designed to go to the left though and that’s where nothing was open.

Well I guess we won't know for sure. But they showed a few plays with that being one where the pre snap said receiver X should be open and then Browning just locks in on him and throws it regardless of coverage. Will be interesting if he can take a step forward tonight and how big of a step.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 08:54 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I remember a lot of afc north wins with Marv where Mixon would struggle to run the ball and suddenly late in the game things opened up more and that won us the game in the end. These afc north games are all about establishing the run game. The Steelers made it a huge point of emphasis and won the game because of it. You have to stick with it and make it your goal because it decides the game more often than not.

Yeah obviously we need to run more. But in this particular game it looks like the Steelers really keyed on the run especially if we went under center. I guess that's the reasonable strategy stop the run and make Browning beat you. But we still need to learn to run even if teams no it's coming.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 08:54 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I guess we won't know for sure. But they showed a few plays with that being one where the pre snap said receiver X should be open and then Browning just locks in on him and throws it regardless of coverage. Will be interesting if he can take a step forward tonight and how big of a step.

Browning played well up until that pick and it decided the game. I remember watching and seeing Hudson on the other side with no defenders over there. But you just don’t expect a young qb like him to have that kind of vision.

We’ll see what happens tonight. I think Zac can make things easier on him with a more balanced game plan and easier throws and reads.

The jags are good so I expect a struggle. But Zac has another opportunity to prove his doubters wrong so we’ll see. Elite coaches like to shock the world.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 03:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Far be it from me to speak for the OP, but I believe his issue isn't with people being critical with Zac's performance this season, but rather people suggesting he be fired for Zac's performance this season.

Yeah, that is like 2 or 3 people and usually ones who fly off the handle, at times. I've been on both boards for a long time. I have seen a lot of crazy things posted. Don't see the need to get panties in a bunch of a couple of outliers. 

As I said, I'm pretty sure I said things about Taylor and committing a class two misdemeanor to him or his property. Not been a fan for years. Still, even I am not saying to fire him. Hate the play calling. Dislike many of the decisions. Think Burrow/Chase are 90% of the success the team has ( defense tipped the scales for some games, as well ). Still not changing the locks on the guy.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Going for it on 4th and 6 on the 50 on our first drive with a backup; turning it over, and giving Lawrence a short field was just boneheaded. Punt and pin them inside their 10 and give your defense a chance and don't put your team behind the eight ball.

The call on the throwback was bad for a 8-yard loss on 3rd down. That took us out of FG position and $Mac hit the crossbar on a 57 when his longest is 56. Playcalling needed to be conservative, not gimmicky until our team gained confidence.

The second quarter was a different story, and Zack called plays that were to Browning's stronger traits.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Jake Browning is carrying Zac Taylor!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: Jake Browning is carrying Zac Taylor!

Bottom line, you score 31 on the road against the #1 team in your conference, your offensive staff is killing it.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:01 AM)Whatever Wrote: Bottom line, you score 31 on the road against the #1 team in your conference, your offensive staff is killing it.  

Jax has had the worst pass defense in the NFL for two seasons now. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:04 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Jax has had the worst pass defense in the NFL for two seasons now. 

Yards per pass they are much tougher than us.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:01 AM)Whatever Wrote: Bottom line, you score 31 on the road against the #1 team in your conference, your offensive staff is killing it.  

Just watch the comments my man. It's a crazy psychology observation, lol. 

I agree with you, and Browning balled out.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:04 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Jax has had the worst pass defense in the NFL for two seasons now. 

Explain the run success then. Hmm

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Explain the run success then. Hmm

Easy.

We ran the ball more often, and gave the ball to someone other than Joe Mixon for once.

Anything else?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:25 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Easy.

We ran the ball more often, and gave the ball to someone other than Joe Mixon for once.

Anything else?

Oh, you mean that guy that had been on IR? I can't for the life of me figure out why he hasn't gotten the ball lately either.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, you mean that guy that had been on IR? I can't for the life of me figure out why he hasn't gotten the ball lately either.  Mellow

You're right. Those were the only 2 RBs on the entire roster.
Reply/Quote