Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The First TDN100.
The Draft Network released their first top 100 draft prospects of the year.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2024-nfl-draft-rankings-tdn100-october/

A few names:

Amarius Mims OT Georgia big long and athletic. He was hurt a couple weeks ago but got the tightrope surgery and should be back for late part of the season (SEC Championship/CFB Playoffs).

Antwane Wells WR South Carolina is like a poor man's Ja'Marr Chase.

Kris Jenkins DT Michigan is a freak of nature. Can't wait to see him against OSU and Donovan Jackson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bowers makes it to 6th on the list. It looks like he is entering Pitts territory for being a high drafted TE in round 1. Maybe the TE from Texas, Sanders, is a Bengals target depending on where the team drafts?
Reply/Quote
I've been very impressed with the play of Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon. If we lose Tee, it seems there are some nice replacements out there. Of course that means you have to pass on another position you would need to draft also.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 09:15 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bowers makes it to 6th on the list. It looks like he is entering Pitts territory for being a high drafted TE in round 1. Maybe the TE from Texas, Sanders, is a Bengals target depending on where the team drafts?

Hopefully Ja'Tavion Sanders ankle injury last Saturday won't keep him out long. He is day to day right now. As for 1st round guys they might lean heavier to the OT spot with Jonah Williams leaving and having no quality backups... that's why I was not happy about the Amarius Mims injury because he would have been a great RT target for the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 09:21 AM)Synric Wrote: Hopefully Ja'Tavion Sanders ankle injury last Saturday won't keep him out long. He is day to day right now. As for 1st round guys they might lean heavier to the OT spot with Jonah Williams leaving and having no quality backups... that's why I was not happy about the Amarius Mims injury because he would have been a great RT target for the Bengals.

Although a TE is a need, I'd rather them focus on OL and IDL. I wouldn't be shocked if they go WR since Tee and Boyd might be gone.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 09:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Although a TE is a need, I'd rather them focus on OL and IDL. I wouldn't be shocked if they go WR since Tee and Boyd might be gone.

I know this might not be a popular opinion but if they do trade Tee Higgins I would like to see multiple picks instead of trying to reach high in the 1st. Like two second round picks.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 09:28 AM)Synric Wrote: I know this might not be a popular opinion but if they do trade Tee Higgins I would like to see multiple picks instead of trying to reach high in the 1st. Like two second round picks.

That's a solid idea because there are still many team needs: OL, IDL, RB, WR, TE.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 09:18 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I've been very impressed with the play of Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon.  If we lose Tee, it seems there are some nice replacements out there.  Of course that means you have to pass on another position you would need to draft also.

Franklin has definitely been the dude for Oregon. Another one is Vandy's Will Sheppard. Draft is full of big long boundary receivers this year.

Edit: Noticed there are a ton of QBs in the first top 100 list.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 09:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Although a TE is a need, I'd rather them focus on OL and IDL. I wouldn't be shocked if they go WR since Tee and Boyd might be gone.

Seeing how we have seen the Bengals get manhandled on both sides of the LOS in 3 of 4 games this season, I certainly hope that they focus on OL/DL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing how we have seen the Bengals get manhandled on both sides of the LOS in 3 of 4 games this season, I certainly hope that they focus on OL/DL.

I suppose we have to remember free agency influences the draft depending on who the organization might sign for position needs.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose we have to remember free agency influences the draft depending on who the organization might sign for position needs.

Honestly, I'm hoping that the biggest splash, outside acquisition that the Bengals make this offseason comes in the form of a new OL coach.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I'm hoping that the biggest splash, outside acquisition that the Bengals make this offseason comes in the form of a new OL coach.

I'm with you and I'd like to see Zac give up play calling 100% to his offensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
I'm all in on either JC Latham or Brock Bowers this coming draft if either is available.
Both will be (strong) positions of need.

If neither happens to be available by that time though (both could go Top 15), I don't really know who I may want.
Maybe Johnny Wilson if needing a Higgins replacement, or Ja'Tavion Sanders for TE.
Also willing to wait until Rd 2/3 for a TE like Cade Stover.

EDIT - Or maybe Raheim Sanders or Blake Corum if picking 25+ in Rd 1, but I dunno if it's possible to justify a RB so early with all the other needs that will likely hit. My stance will likely depend on how FA pans out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm all in on either JC Latham or Brock Bowers this coming draft if either is available.
Both will be (strong) positions of need.

If neither happens to be available by that time though (both could go Top 15), I don't really know who I may want.
Maybe Johnny Wilson if needing a Higgins replacement, or Ja'Tavion Sanders for TE.
Also willing to wait until Rd 2/3 for a TE like Cade Stover.

EDIT - Or maybe Raheim Sanders or Blake Corum if picking 25+ in Rd 1, but I dunno if it's possible to justify a RB so early with all the other needs that will likely hit. My stance will likely depend on how FA pans out.

JC Latham and Amarius Mims are both Frank Pollack type of tackles... Huge lol. I said it last year and it will go double next year the TE and RB rooms need rebuilt.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 10:15 AM)Synric Wrote: JC Latham and Amarius Mims are both Frank Pollack type of tackles... Huge lol. I said it last year and it will go double next year the TE and RB rooms need rebuilt.

TE for sure, but do we have ANY faith in the Bengals coaches to develop TEs?
Would it make more sense to dip into FA for two TEs and then just one draft pick invested?

They've seemed to have some success with Hudson so far as a fill-in, and he's a budget vet.

I honestly think Pollack's scheme and tackle traits contradict what the Bengals are trying to run offensively.
You hit it on the head - he wants big dudes.
Those big dudes aren't the best movers, and he's also not getting stud pass blockers in the guys he brings in.

The guys Pollack likes and the run game he seems to be best running would be a man/gap blocking scheme with power using a FB and the OL doesn't have to do much lateral movement.
An offense like Georgia's actually.
Or maybe I'm just overthinking it (like most things) lol
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 09:38 AM)Synric Wrote: Franklin has definitely been the dude for Oregon. Another one is Vandy's Will Sheppard. Draft is full of big long boundary receivers this year.

Edit: Noticed there are a ton of QBs in the first top 100 list.

Oregon has a couple of interesting offensive prospects. Franklin is by far the best but Bucky Irving is a dynamic RB who is insane in space. He is one of the, if not the most elusive back in the nation. He's likely to be a mid-late round prospect and would be interesting in a rotation. Bit undersized. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 11:04 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oregon has a couple of interesting offensive prospects. Franklin is by far the best but Bucky Irving is a dynamic RB who is insane in space. He is one of the, if not the most elusive back in the nation. He's likely to be a mid-late round prospect and would be interesting in a rotation. Bit undersized. 

I can't wait to see Kentucy vs Georgia this week to see Kentuckys RB Ray Davis against that defense. Davis destroyed Florida who has a really good deep defensive line and very good against the run. He was unstoppable. Short but not small 5'9 215... I went to find him in my Vandy notes from last year but apparently I didn't have any Vandy notes lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 09:13 AM)Synric Wrote: I can't wait to see Kentucy vs Georgia this week to see Kentuckys RB Ray Davis against that defense. Davis destroyed Florida who has a really good deep defensive line and very good against the run. He was unstoppable. Short but not small 5'9 215... I went to find him in my Vandy notes from last year but apparently I didn't have any Vandy notes lol.

215 is a pretty standard weight for RBs in the NFL anyways, and even better if he's only 5'9".
Dude has bounced around to 3 different teams now in college, but he's on pace to have a career year.
Could surpass 1700 yards from scrimmage, maybe even get close to 2000.
Easily on pace to surpass 1500.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ja'Tavion Sanders will play noon today vs Oklahoma.

Reply/Quote
6 minutes into the OU vs Texas game... We have 2 Interceptions by OU, a reversed Fumble, a successful fake punt, and a blocked punt for a TD. 7-7 Tie Game lol

Reply/Quote