Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
Feel free to discuss here but if you didn't see the movie, you better not read this !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
RIP Han Sad
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He'one with the Force.

There is no death, there is the Force.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I hope Finn becomes sensitive with the force as well. It would be great. I think it's hinted to a tiny bit with his ability with a lightsaber (Although not strong), but I think it would be nice to see more than one Jedi. The thing I see they develop with Finn would be is ability as a strategist, working by his gut, and scrappy fighter.
Reply/Quote
Sooooo, we all know Rey is Luke's daughter right?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 01:11 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Sooooo, we all know Rey is Luke's daughter right?

Who would be the mother? I see it as more likely Kylo Ren and Rey are siblings. They let go of Rey after Kylo Ren's betrayal
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 01:18 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Who would be the mother? I see it as more likely Kylo Ren and Rey are siblings. They let go of Rey after Kylo Ren's betrayal

I think if Rey was a Solo, Han and Leia would've hinted at it. There may've been something with Rey sensing Kylo as blood like what Luke and Leia had.

Just the overall obvious similarities between Luke and Rey, and that last scene, make it clear to me. The lightsaber calling to her, when it came to her in a dire time in the snow. Both are natural pilots, droid similarities, similar beginnings, etc.

The mother is interesting though. I'm guessing, since the Jedi aren't allowed to bear children, he had her after he went into hiding when he gave up, left her on Jakku, where no one would ever think to look. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 01:11 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Sooooo, we all know Rey is Luke's daughter right?

Im leaning this way too. My out there theory is that the mother could possibly been a Jedi that Luke had in training and fell in love with. When Kylo turned he killed her in an effort to kill Luke. He abandoned restoring the jedi, took her to a planet like his, and left.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:44 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I think if Rey was a Solo, Han and Leia would've hinted at it. There may've been something with Rey sensing Kylo as blood like what Luke and Leia had.

Just the overall obvious similarities between Luke and Rey, and that last scene, make it clear to me. The lightsaber calling to her, when it came to her in a dire time in the snow. Both are natural pilots, droid similarities, similar beginnings, etc.

The mother is interesting though. I'm guessing, since the Jedi aren't allowed to bear children, he had her after he went into hiding when he gave up, left her on Jakku, where no one would ever think to look. 

My guess is that when Kylo Ren tried to destroy the new Jedi order Luke was creating, Luke and Rey were split.

Luke was abandoned on a desert planet so that he could be hidden from Vader.

Rey, abandoned on a desert planet.. and for what reason?

So many parallels between this film and the original trilogy, I love it!

I hadn't thought about how jedi aren't allowed to have children, but perhaps with Luke being the only Jedi left, it needed to be done lol. Another likely reason as to why he would have ditched Rey, but not sure yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:47 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: My guess is that when Kylo Ren tried to destroy the new Jedi order Luke was creating, Luke and Rey were split.

Luke was abandoned on a desert planet so that he could be hidden from Vader.

Rey, abandoned on a desert planet.. and for what reason?

So many parallels between this film and the original trilogy, I love it!

I hadn't thought about how jedi aren't allowed to have children, but perhaps with Luke being the only Jedi left, it needed to be done lol. Another likely reason as to why he would have ditched Rey, but not sure yet.

Him being the most hunted man in the galaxy probably had something to do with it.

So much is left for the imagination though, which is also fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:53 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Him being the most hunted man in the galaxy probably had something to do with it.

So much is left for the imagination though, which is also fantastic.

Now he gets to train Rey like Yoda... and let her give him piggy back rides :)
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:44 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I think if Rey was a Solo, Han and Leia would've hinted at it. There may've been something with Rey sensing Kylo as blood like what Luke and Leia had.

I see that part too
But also, Han and Leia might have reason to keep that a secret to Rey (perhaps to lessen her connection to Kylo).  Plus the first person Leia went to was Rey when everyone came back. It wasn't to comfort Chewie even though Han had died.
Reply/Quote
Funniest parts in movie?

1) BB-8 gives thumbs up to Finn.
2) Finn asks Han solo why he is "doing that thing" with his head.
3) Han Solos interest in Chewy's crossbow.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 03:12 AM)eoxyod Wrote: I see that part too
But also, Han and Leia might have reason to keep that a secret to Rey (perhaps to lessen her connection to Kylo).  Plus the first person Leia went to was Rey when everyone came back. It wasn't to comfort Chewie even though Han had died.

When talking amongst themselves about Kylo, nothing is mentioned at all about Rey directly or indirectly, just Kylo. Either they were neglecting it for the pure 4th wall surprise or they really don't know about her. Although when Maz asks Han "who is she?" He may've had something to say.

Leia definitely feels something for her, realizing she is strong with the force. But, Aunts can comfort their nieces too.  Ninja 

Also, R2 is woken up by Rey as well 
Reply/Quote
I like the fact that they made Kylo a bad guy you hate and not a badass bad guy like Darth Vader. Dude was a complete douche bag.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Not my guess, she's more like Anakin and the chosen one.

If Luke created a Jedi academy, I don't see him not following the code, it's like the pope getting married and what a terrible parenthood from him to let her daughter live on a crappy planet where she had to steal to eat. There was no Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru on Jakku.

Reply/Quote
One thing I found to be a cool little fun fact was that Daniel Craig aka James Bond was an uncredited stormtrooper. My brother told me he was the one that Rey tricked to get out of the chair, but havent got that verified yet.

Reply/Quote
What were your thoughts on Kylo not being able to easily strike down Rey and Finn in light saber combat. The only explanation for me was him having been shot by Chewbacca earlier.

Also didn't like her using the Jedi mind trick without training. But I can get over that I suppose.

Overall I'd put Force Awakens after A New Hope, Return of the Jedi, and Revenge of the Sith. Somewhere right with Empire.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 10:36 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What were your thoughts on Kylo not being able to easily strike down Rey and Finn in light saber combat. The only explanation for me was him having been shot by Chewbacca earlier.

Also didn't like her using the Jedi mind trick without training. But I can get over that I suppose.

Overall I'd put Force Awakens after A New Hope, Return of the Jedi, and Revenge of the Sith. Somewhere right with Empire.

My devils advocate response is that Finn was a soldier with years of training. And Rey has those natural jedi reflexes which she is learning on the fly. I also have to say that if any of those three faced Darth Maul 1 on 1, they would be up poop creek. 

I took the mind trick scene as her hearing of jedi mind tricks growing up in myth form, but now that she realizes from Han the force is real, and maybe she could wield it, she just tried it out of desperation. But only worked when she let it flow through her. 

On that note I am just in nerd heaven this weekend. Saw it again today lol.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 10:36 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What were your thoughts on Kylo not being able to easily strike down Rey and Finn in light saber combat. The only explanation for me was him having been shot by Chewbacca earlier.

When Kylo tried to get into her mind, there's the scene where she gets into his mind instead. That's where she learnt the mind trick.

There's a novel attached to the movie where it's more well described.

Reply/Quote