Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
I looked during viewings 2 and 3. It seemed like it could have been a grave, but it also could have been something already there in Ireland.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:08 PM)Benton Wrote: It looked like a grave to me. My son and I were talking after and, to him, it looked like a rock.

Personally, I'm leaning toward Rey being his daughter and, as jfk said, the grave being his baby mama. Which would fit into why he pulled a Kenobi and abandoned his daughter on a sand planet — if he couldn't protect his lady, he probably feared he wouldn't be able to protect a baby Skywalker, so hiding her would be the best option.

Yeah, I shouldn't be assuming they were wed.

I agree with the second part as well, especially since they made it sound like he was the most wanted man in the galaxy.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:08 PM)Benton Wrote: It looked like a grave to me. My son and I were talking after and, to him, it looked like a rock.

Personally, I'm leaning toward Rey being his daughter and, as jfk said, the grave being his baby mama. Which would fit into why he pulled a Kenobi and abandoned his daughter on a sand planet — if he couldn't protect his lady, he probably feared he wouldn't be able to protect a baby Skywalker, so hiding her would be the best option.

She's not hidden. She's on her own. That's the main problem. She's damned alone. No uncle, no aunt, noone.

Angar Plutt seems a lot like Watto. He's not protective, he's a slaver.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I saw that when Lucas sold to Disney, part of the deal was that when they did 7-9, they would have to follow his main storyline he has had for decades now brewing. Anyways food for thought when coming up with theories on Rey Skywalker err I mean just Rey.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
http://m.hitfix.com/harpy/45-star-wars-the-force-awakens-plot-details-explained-by-the-novelization?hf_source=Facebook&hf_medium=Boost&hf_campaign=StarWars

In the novel, it's suggested that Ren hit a mental barrier when he first probed Rey and that the barrier held back all of her knowledge of the force. She also is surprised that her mind trick worked.

Reply/Quote
Some additionnal facts a long time after.

The rock on Ach to was just a rock, there's a picture of the place without the filming crew and the rock is there before.
Kylo Ren betrayed Luke 6 years before the movie, so Rey was on Jakku already for 10 years when the betrayal occured.
Abrams said Rey's parents are not in the movie.
Snoke seems to be an inspiration of the character of Cronal.
The vision of the Knight of Ren seems to be a scene from EP VIII.
Abrams said that the scene where Leia hugs Rey was a mistake. It should have been Chewbacca hugging Leia.

I changed my mind about Rey being a reincarnation, it's just this movie is a new start and not an EPVI continuation.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 07:37 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Abrams said Rey's parents are not in the movie.

That's interesting.  And if we rule out Han and Leia, who does that leave?  Perhaps a descendant of Obi-wan?
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 07:37 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Some additionnal facts a long time after.

The rock on Ach to was just a rock, there's a picture of the place without the filming crew and the rock is there before.
Kylo Ren betrayed Luke 6 years before the movie, so Rey was on Jakku already for 10 years when the betrayal occured.
Abrams said Rey's parents are not in the movie.
Snoke seems to be an inspiration of the character of Cronal.
The vision of the Knight of Ren seems to be a scene from EP VIII.
Abrams said that the scene where Leia hugs Rey was a mistake. It should have been Chewbacca hugging Leia.

I changed my mind about Rey being a reincarnation, it's just this movie is a new start and not an EPVI continuation.

I need a source for the Kylo Ren timeline

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 01:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I need a source for the Kylo Ren timeline

It comes from Pablo Hidalgo who is the garant of the new canon story. He also said that Snoke wasn't Plagueis.

Here's one timeline : 

https://thecantina.starwarsnewsnet.com/index.php?threads/a-wip-timeline-of-events-not-final-from-rotj-to-tfa.8331/

As for Rey, the first scenes introducing her and Kylo Ren are a symetry in my opinion.

You have a dark scene with Kylo, his origins are from the resistance his path is light / dark 

The next scene, you have Rey in a light scene, she lives in the empire's wrecks, she lives in a ATST, I think her path is opposite dark / light. 

I guess it's not a coincidence and Rey's lineage is from the dark side.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 09:23 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It comes from Pablo Hidalgo who is the garant of the new canon story. He also said that Snoke wasn't Plagueis.

Here's one timeline : 

https://thecantina.starwarsnewsnet.com/index.php?threads/a-wip-timeline-of-events-not-final-from-rotj-to-tfa.8331/

As for Rey, the first scenes introducing her and Kylo Ren are a symetry in my opinion.

You have a dark scene with Kylo, his origins are from the resistance his path is light / dark 

The next scene, you have Rey in a light scene, she lives in the empire's wrecks, she lives in a ATST, I think her path is opposite dark / light. 

I guess it's not a coincidence and Rey's lineage is from the dark side.

Yea, I've seen his tweets. Pretty good stuff for clarification, but still a lot of mystery because he knows there's books to be published and scripts to be written. It seems like he doesn't reveal exact dates, but in Bloodline, 6 years before TFA, Ben isn't Kylo Ren yet and the truth of Darth Vader being Anakin Skywalker is finally revealed. I bet this is what turns Ben down that path and the destruction is soon afterwards (think how quick Anakin destroys the temple). 

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 09:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That's interesting.  And if we rule out Han and Leia, who does that leave?  Perhaps a descendant of Obi-wan?

I don't think Dinsey wants to make so much links with the Lucas world. They made this trilogy to pass the torch to the new crew and they'll make their own universe after that. 

Having Kylo Ren has the Skywalker and the bad guy let them pull this story forward and write their own stuff when he'll die.

Reply/Quote