Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Forgotten People
(06-06-2018, 11:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We finally have a prez who does the bidding of a Kardashian. Bout damn time. People totally forgot about Kim K. I have been saying forever how much i wish our government would just do what she asked.

It was for Kanye more than Kim.
(06-06-2018, 11:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We finally have a prez who does the bidding of a Kardashian. Bout damn time. People totally forgot about Kim K. I have been saying forever how much i wish our government would just do what she asked.

I get that you have to try to change the narrative of Trump's latest granting of clemency, but it just adds to the reasons folks don't take the boys that cry wolf seriously, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-06-2018, 11:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We finally have a prez who does the bidding of a Kardashian. Bout damn time. People totally forgot about Kim K. I have been saying forever how much i wish our government would just do what she asked.

I would have preferred the normal process, but this pardon/commutation was the right move. Pardons should be used when there is actual injustice afoot, and this was one of those cases.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-07-2018, 08:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would have preferred the normal process, but this pardon/commutation was the right move. Pardons should be used when there is actual injustice afoot, and this was one of those cases.

Sure it was. The joke is it was a favor for kim k and kanye. You know the average joe forgotten people.

Back over in reality land one of the first things the Trump admin did was bring back the push for mandatory minimums and he has even advocated for the death penalty for traffickers. 

But that wont stop trumpets from touting how awesome this was
(06-07-2018, 11:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sure it was. The joke is it was a favor for kim k and kanye. You know the average joe forgotten people.

Back over in reality land one of the first things the Trump admin did was bring back the push for mandatory minimums and he has even advocated for the death penalty for traffickers. 

But that wont stop trumpets from touting how awesome this was

I don't know man, if they start executing people that deliver crack, meth, and opioids, etc, it would have a serious impact.  Before long, everyone would be like "What drug epidemic?".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-07-2018, 11:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know man, if they start executing people that deliver crack, meth, and opioids, etc, it would have a serious impact.  Before long, everyone would be like "What drug epidemic?".

Really? Is that why there are no murders in states with the death penalty?