Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Franchise has won 5 postseason games in it's entire existance
5! It has been around since 1968.

5 playoff wins in 50 years!

Let that sink in.
Reply/Quote
You could have used the same title in 1991. Simply amazing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 5! It has been around since 1968.

Let that sink in.

Yes, and I remember and treasure every single one, as becoming painfully apparent they are the only ones I'll get to see in my lifetime.
Reply/Quote
How many has Tom Brady won? Hint: 27

Let that sink in.
Reply/Quote
And we won't win another until MB is no longer in charge
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:02 PM)motoarch Wrote: How many has Tom Brady won?  Hint: 27

Let that sink in.

In another thread you question my fandom. In this thread, you join in. That's funny!

But yes...27 for Brady alone. 5 playoff wins in our entire franchise.

We're the mom and pop shop of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 5! It has been around since 1968.

Let that sink in.

1. Back in the 70's and 80's there were not as many playoff spots. There was no 6th seed.

2. The Bengals would have made more playoff appearances in the 70's and 80's if there had been a 6th seed back then.

3. Those 5 wins all came before Mike Brown inherited the team and named himself GM.

4. Prior to Mike Brown being the GM, the team appeared in 2 SBs and was 5-7 in the playoffs.

5. Since Mike Brown the team has reached the playoffs 7 times, 2 with Carson Palmer, 4 with Andy Dalton, 1 with AJ McCarron. All blowout losses, except the one with McCarron.

6. Three of those 7 playoff appearances were as the 6th seed, all with Dalton.

Not trying to imply anything other than that Mike Brown stinks.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: 1. Back in the 70's and 80's there were not as many playoff spots. There was no 6th seed.

2. The Bengals would have made more playoff appearances in the 70's and 80's if there had been a 6th seed back then.

3. Those 5 wins all came before Mike Brown inherited the team and named himself GM.

4. Prior to Mike Brown being the GM, the team appeared in 2 SBs and was 5-7 in the playoffs.

5. Since Mike Brown the team has reached the playoffs 7 times, 2 with Carson Palmer, 4 with Andy Dalton, 1 with AJ McCarron. All blowout losses, except the one with McCarron.

6. Three of those 7 playoff appearances were as the 6th seed, all with Dalton.

Not trying to imply anything other than that Mike Brown stinks.

Yes...and each year we think is our year. Not reality.

Nice post Chris!
Reply/Quote
You act like you’re telling us something we don’t already know. What’s the point of a thread like this?

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes...and each year we think is our year. Not reality.

Nice post Chris!

Yes, we all seem to talk ourselves into this being the year.

Reply/Quote
There's always next year!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yes, we all seem to talk ourselves into this being the year.

Yes - You get it Chris.

We'll draft some guys. Do spin articles on the website.

Act like compensatory picks are gold.

Sign a free agent or 2 that was waived as it doesn't hurt Comp Picks.

Maybe make a trade.

And roll with largely the same roster and coaching staff.

Rinse. Repeat.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In another thread you question my fandom. In this thread, you join in. That's funny!

But yes...27 for Brady alone. 5 playoff wins in our entire franchise.

We're the mom and pop shop of the NFL.

I never questioned your fandom. All my remarks were directed at the thread OP. Im joining in on anything related his constant whining. I was having a laugh at our expense as fans of a perpetualy crappy team. I thought you were doing the same. I find humor in your thread and it’s true. You stated a fact you didn’t just spew nonsense.

There is a diffrence.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:14 PM)motoarch Wrote: I never questioned your fandom.  All my remarks were directed at the thread OP.  Im joining in on anything related his constant whining.  I was having a laugh at our expense as fans of a perpetualy crappy team.  I thought you were doing the same.  I find humor in your thread and it’s true.  You stated a fact you didn’t just spew nonsense.

There is a diffrence.

Honestly, I went to the Saints game a few weeks ago and had a good time seeing Drew Brees. Once you see this team for what it is, it makes watching it much better.

We will eventually win a playoff game at some point. But that won't erase 27 years of failure.
Reply/Quote