Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How "fair" do the Bengals play by?
(12-15-2019, 10:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals have to be deliberately tanking.  There’s no way a team could suck this bad on accident.

I think they're just really this bad. Bad coaching meets mediocre players.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals have to be deliberately tanking.  There’s no way a team could suck this bad on accident.

Well, then they started off the season deliberately sucking. They played decent in the Seattle game, but blew it.

They've been blowing it ever since.

I really believe Taylor has been trying to win, he just sucks at it. His job quality is right down there with Mike Brown's.

If they were blowing it on purpose you'd think they'd have made some trades near the deadline to get some additional and desperately need draft picks.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Seems like from this BB quote, Bengals probably don't get very close to any "line" when it comes to fair play. Maybe they're always fair and square wins the day, lol.

"We're competitive and we'll try to be competitive in every area," Belichick said during a conference call with Cincinnati media Tuesday morning. "But we don't knowingly, intentionally want to do anything that's across the line.

"But since that's [Spygate] happened, I'd say we've tried to keep a good distance behind the line and not maybe take it as far as we would might have in the past. But it's never really fundamentally changed there." - Bill Belichick

It's a wonder how much fair play (or not) comes into winning super bowls, since we seem to think the Steelers always have the refs side, for example.

The league allows advance scouts. The league allowed footballs within a certain PSI range, it's apparent they push the line (and crossed it in the past). NOt sure if Bengals even take advantage of the basic rules (do we have scouts? Lol).

There’s no way the team is pushing the line unless it’s the nepotism line. Having the smallest personnel department in the league and hiring all the Family ensures the Bengals aren’t pulling shenanigans like this. Just one more example where some organizations look for all possible advantages, and some don’t bother. All those extra scouts the team could hire for the price of one D list FA could be doing this amongst other things, like scouting for the draft.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:15 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, then they started off the season deliberately sucking. They played decent in the Seattle game, but blew it.

They've been blowing it ever since.

I really believe Taylor has been trying to win, he just sucks at it. His job quality is right down there with Mike Brown's.

If they were blowing it on purpose you'd think they'd have made some trades near the deadline to get some additional and desperately need draft picks.

They're absolutely trying to win...and should have several.

Man...Taylor still deserves to be fired. But, they likely won't.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:19 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: There’s no way the team is pushing the line unless it’s the nepotism line.  Having the smallest personnel department in the league and hiring all the Family ensures the Bengals aren’t pulling shenanigans like this.  Just one more example where some organizations look for all possible advantages, and some don’t bother.  All those extra scouts the team could hire for the price of one D list FA could be doing this amongst other things, like scouting for the draft.

You just wonder how much this happens in sports. Look at the Astros stealing signs.

There are probably other teams that cheat too.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...Taylor still deserves to be fired. But, they likely won't.

I’m sure Mikey Boy will utter platitudes about giving Zac time to “cut his teeth” in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m sure Mikey Boy will utter platitudes about giving Zac time to “cut his teeth” in the league.

It will be interesting.

I feel like with the weak opponents we played the past 6-7 games of the year that the Bengals were banking on Taylor winning 3-4 games. There were articles talking about how momentum matters, etc. Well...we beat the Jets. Lost to the Raiders, Steelers, Browns, and Patriots (expected).

There's no 'Team wins 3 of last 5 games' articles to be written unless the win out.

IF they finish 1-15, he could be fired.

Man - re: Dalton - He looks lost out there.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You just wonder how much this happens in sports. Look at the Astros stealing signs.

In this day and age, I assume it happens more than we know. Technology gets more covert each year, and the teams that want every advantage in the pursuit of a title are going to pursue them.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You just wonder how much this happens in sports. Look at the Astros stealing signs.

Why not just hack their computers? That would be the way to go in today’s age. Geez, I get nervous every time I pay a bill online. Specially a hospital or Dr bill.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why not just hack their computers? That would be the way to go in today’s age. Geez, I get nervous every time I pay a bill online. Specially a hospital or Dr bill.

The Cardinals did hack the Astros in baseball several years ago to steal scouting.

Honestly, maybe the solution is to just let teams steal signs if they can. Then put a premium on protecting this stuff.
Reply/Quote
Lol so many of us are going to be pissed when we win these last two games. The Bengals will pick no higher than 3rd, bank on it. We will bungle the hell out of this draft position.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You need scouts and personnel to do what the Patriots do. But, I would think A LOT of teams use Advanced Scouts to scout opponents to gameplan. Other teams just likely don't tape it.

Any smart team would record all their opponents games throughout the year, use what the NFL provides them as well beyond that and anything else they can get their hands on; fan recorded material. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the PATS have people going out to game and recording other team signals and what not during a game with their cell phone and than using that to help them game plan. Given the PATS history it wouldn't surprise me. 

Don't forget that players tend to follow their coaches lead. Brady deflated the balls to make it easier for himself. I'm sure he saw his HC doing similar things that the NFL is not aware about. He is probably the most sneakiest coach in the NFL and probably breaks the NFL rules regularly. 
Reply/Quote

It is no accident. It is outright incompetence. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote