Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Front Office fooled the fans again...
I think it's pretty clear Austin wasn't the only problem with our defense last year.
Reply/Quote
I saw a RB break out to the right and Dunlap slowly jogging to cut the angle off. I couldn't believe it. If he actually ran he would have made the tackle most likely.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: Um....you might wanna check the sports pages podge, he's 2nd in the entire league in passing yards.....
If you're defending Dalton at this point, you don't understand the game of football. He sucks and it's ok. It's not his fault that he's still the starting QB for this franchise. It's all on the front office. Remember we had a chance to draft Lamar Jackson, a QB who would have alleviated the glaring weakness of our Oline with his speed and mobility, instead we drafted Billy Price. LMAO man...Oh yea our 2nd round pick (Sample) doesn't even play. So a team with NO LINEBACKERS DRAFTED A TE WITH ITS FREAKING 2ND RD PICK. This franchise will never progress until a real football mind is in that front office. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 02:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw a RB break out to the right and Dunlap slowly jogging to cut the angle off. I couldn't believe it. If he actually ran he would have made the tackle most likely.

Silly comment...He was gassed, the play was right after the TE 40 catch. He was subbed on the next play. Dunlap and the entire DL played their tails off yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 02:44 PM)truthfulbengal Wrote: If you're defending Dalton at this point, you don't understand the game of football. He sucks and it's ok. It's not his fault that he's still the starting QB for this franchise. It's all on the front office. Remember we had a chance to draft Lamar Jackson, a QB who would have alleviated the glaring weakness of our Oline with his speed and mobility, instead we drafted Billy Price. LMAO man...Oh yea our 2nd round pick (Sample) doesn't even play. So a team with NO LINEBACKERS DRAFTED A TE WITH ITS FREAKING 2ND RD PICK. This franchise will never progress until a real football mind is in that front office. 

You're right, I've never even seen a football in person. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I expected some growing pains with a new coach. There are definitely some weaknesses on this team but it's not something that wasn't already known.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I expected some growing pains with a new coach. There are definitely some weaknesses on this team but it's not something that wasn't already known.

I think the reason you change coaches though is to actually upgrade coaching and improve guys.

Believe it or not, there are some guys we could have brought in at HC and OC/DC that would have actually made guys better by providing sound coaching.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: By firing Marvin and doing NOTHING to enhance the roster, the Bengals basically said "OK, our coach is the problem - not the roster we assembled. If we give you guys a new head coach, we are going to be good." 

The FO needs to be held accountable. 

Basically, the FO did an experiment.

Problem: The team is bad.
Question: Is the problem the coaching, the players, or both?
Options: Replace coaching, players, or both

This basically is showing the FO that coaching was not the only problem. This should (hopefully) open their eyes that this collection of players also needs to be better evaluated and (hopefully) result in swapping in more new players.

They brought back the following starters from the previous regime:
- Bobby Hart
- Preston Brown
- Tyler Eifert
- CJ Uzomah
- Trey Hopkins

Hopkins has been a good one to tender and re-sign.
Uzomah has not been good and Eifert has been under-utilized. Between the two, they only have 120 yards in 3 games.
Hart and Brown, while not the worst starters of their group, have performed below average.

Replacements at LT, LG, and OLB have performed (much) worse than last year too.
Really want to see the Day 2 draft picks see more playing time. Also really hoping to see Jonah Williams this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the reason you change coaches though is to actually upgrade coaching and improve guys.

Believe it or not, there are some guys we could have brought in at HC and OC/DC that would have actually made guys better by providing sound coaching.

You mean like John Ross?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. 

Don't get me wrong - this team DOES have some talent, but its not enough. Fans get blinded because they see guys like AJ Green, Joe Mixon, Ross, etc. The fact remains though, the foundation of this team is terrible. The offensive line sucks, the d line has played average, and the linebackers are garbage. 

If you dont think any of the above are important ask the Rams, Pats, Chiefs, etc. 

The Bengals philosophy on how to build a decent roster/team is completely backwards.

Got that right.  The Bengals approach is something shiny (good skill players) when other teams go for something ugly (beef and talent on the lines of scrimmage).  It's always been this way under Mike Brown.  Damn near 30 years of owning this franchise and he still hasn't learned that lesson and has made a mockery of the franchise his daddy built.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Going to bump this to the top because I see the heat for ZT already starting...

If you think ZT is the problem, shame on you. The pieces this team has arent good enough and the front office did NOTHING to address it in the offseason. They brought back Bobby Hart and didnt sign any linebackers. They have missed in the draft CONSTANTLY over the past 5 years.

This mess lies on the feet of the FRONT OFFICE.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Going to bump this to the top because I see the heat for ZT already starting...

If you think ZT is the problem, shame on you. The pieces this team has arent good enough and the front office did NOTHING to address it in the offseason. They brought back Bobby Hart and didnt sign any linebackers. They have missed in the draft CONSTANTLY over the past 5 years.

This mess lies on the feet of the FRONT OFFICE.

We have a talent-poor offense, a detached and disinterested FO, and we have a QB coach and his poker buddies doing the coaching...that's a recipe for going 0-4 and being a bottom-tier team.  I'm not saying ZT is hopeless, but the guy is in way over his head and he's learning on the job and that's a factor as to why we are really bad now.

Is it on ZT?  I guess not, but if he is going to attract or hire guys like Turner and Sweet Lou and talk up guys like Bobby Hart he can't exactly throw his hands and say "Not on me!" when things are bad bad super bad.  We're super bad.  We aren't even 6-10 with a slew of injuries last year bad, we're just top to bottom bad at the moment.  A month into the season and we went from players LOVING ZT and having fun and not being afraid to screw up and now it looks like they're just sleepwalking and getting pissed off.

I get the hole being a Bengal puts any player/coach in, but ZT has done a lot to calmly tell us that Dalton and Ross and Turner and Bobby Hart are great...so....um...it's on him by his own admission?  It's all bs. Oh, and our LBs are garbage but hey it's no big deal that the Steelers jumped above us to take a LB in the first round that I was under the impression we wanted. Meh, it's ok we took an o-lineman. Gotta fix that o-line for half a decade.
Reply/Quote
I've followed the Bengals since they played their first game. I'm sick of the incompetence that now runs throughout the team. From Mikey Brown all the way down to the last player on the practice squad, they simply have no clue. Too many on here are saying trading AJ, Dalton, Mixon etc. might save the day.

But remember, the Bengals are in this mess BECAUSE of who they draft. More picks doesn't mean more success. If it did, the Bengals would be dominant with all their multiple picks in past drafts. The only way this team ever improves if the Browns sell. Period.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: Um....you might wanna check the sports pages podge, he's 2nd in the entire league in passing yards.....

Top ten in Interceptions and top five in fumbles. What's your point? Surely you don't think Dalton is a top QB? 
Reply/Quote