Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fumble call
What do you guys think? Yay or nay? I think they made the right call. It came out simultaneously as his rear hit and no evidence to overturn it. I'm seeing viking videos and fans say the reffs did it to not be booed .. lol, just ridiculous...
Reply/Quote
It was a fumble. Look at the Viking players and Cook - they know it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:14 PM)Tony Wrote: What do you guys think? Yay or nay? I think they made the right call. It came out simultaneously as his rear hit and no evidence to overturn it. I'm seeing viking videos and fans say the reffs did it to not be booed .. lol, just ridiculous...

The ball was in the process of coming (being pulled) out as he was going down.  Difficult to over turn that.

However, if he had been called down on the field, I doubt it would have been over turned.

The field call was going to be confirmed either way because of how close it was.
Reply/Quote
My thought on the whole thing is this. No one seems to be talking about when the ball starts to MOVE out of DK's hands.... It's very hard to see with the camera angles they had on him. Refs made the right call.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: The ball was in the process of coming (being pulled) out as he was going down.  Difficult to over turn that.

However, if he had been called down on the field, I doubt it would have been over turned.

The field call was going to be confirmed either way because of how close it was.

This.

I view it as the universe paying us back for all the bad calls and non-calls we've suffered over the years.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: The ball was in the process of coming (being pulled) out as he was going down.  Difficult to over turn that.

Exactly this.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:14 PM)Tony Wrote: What do you guys think? Yay or nay? I think they made the right call. It came out simultaneously as his rear hit and no evidence to overturn it. I'm seeing viking videos and fans say the reffs did it to not be booed .. lol, just ridiculous...

BS call. The replay showed his butt hit the ground, then the ball coming out

I’ll take the win, but these new york decisions are always questionable.

Very lucky
Reply/Quote
They had no choice but to stick with the call on the field. It was very close and in reality I think it was probably coming loose as he was still slightly in the air. Not gonna argue with anyone who thinks otherwise because no one really knows. Hence them having to let the call stand. It would have stood if they ruled him down on the field too....

Now the almost TD that Zim challenged and lost. I 100% thought that was a TD and should have been overturned.
Reply/Quote
I didn't really think it was a fumble, but there was nothing to prove it one way or another. I'm cool with it going the Bengals way, and I would have been pretty annoyed if it didn't.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think Dalvin's expression tells us he thought it was a fumble. It didn't look like he was in possession of the ball when his behind hit the ground. The stupid thing was Zims challenging it. That lost TO proved costly
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Yep, you nailed it in all aspects here. It wouldn't have been overturned either way. What I saw is what you saw, Pratt was pulling the ball from his body as he was going down. He didn't have complete possession. Take this for what it's worth, I'm a big fan of Dalvin Cook, being an ex FSU guy, and a huge Bengals fan. That said, if I thought Cook wasn't losing control as he went down, I would say it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Dalvin's expression tells us he thought it was a fumble. It didn't look like he was in possession of the ball when his behind hit the ground. The stupid thing was Zims challenging it. That lost TO proved costly

That was the play with Jefferson on the goal line. The Cook fumble was in OT and an automatic review. You're right though, Dalvin wasn't protesting very much.

Reply/Quote
We can talk about a lotta bs in this game. The bad spot on the Mixon run that they said we were short on. I was expecting a challenge there tbh... We can talk about all of the holding penalties that were called on the Vikings because they refused to let us touch Kirk Cousins. Smart I suppose versus the alternative. If we had more shots at Cousins, I could easily see a FF or 2. It was a good game, but the Vikings deserved to lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: BS call. The replay showed his butt hit the ground, then the ball coming out

I’ll take the win, but these new york decisions are always questionable.

Very lucky

We traditionally don't get those calls, I'll take it either way. Cool

Reply/Quote

Agreed.

My humble opinion - we probably got a break here. Lol
Reply/Quote
I watched with some not Bengals affiliated friends and they pretty much convinced me that it can be assumed with some certainty that it wasn't a fumble. I suppose it wasn't, in reality. However, there seemed to be no angle where this reality was clearly visible without doubt, so not overturning it was the understandable call. Guess no matter what the ruling on the field was, it would not have been overturned.

It sure was quite lucky either way.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Dalvin's expression tells us he thought it was a fumble. It didn't look like he was in possession of the ball when his behind hit the ground. The stupid thing was Zims challenging it. That lost TO proved costly

Yep! One look at Cook told the story. He knew. 
Reply/Quote
Pratt made a play that this defense hasnt made
Enough of in the last couple years
And big time recovery by Bates
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: They had no choice but to stick with the call on the field. It was very close and in reality I think it was probably coming loose as he was still slightly in the air. Not gonna argue with anyone who thinks otherwise because no one really knows. Hence them having to let the call stand. It would have stood if they ruled him down on the field too....

Now the almost TD that Zim challenged and lost. I 100% thought that was a TD and should have been overturned.

I agree with this 100% and it's why the stayed with the call on the field. It was coming out a split second before he hit.. 
Reply/Quote
The ball was moving before he was down. It just didn't completely separate from his arm until his butt hit the ground. Good call, but as someone else said had it been down by contact it wouldn't have been over turned.
Reply/Quote