Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fumble call
(09-14-2021, 07:45 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: #1. It is an opinion. It should sound like all the other opinions. I was at the game and watched it. I also watched the replays. So I am not speculating, per definition.

#2. Where did I say "the NFL cares about the Bengals, and now they matter?"

#3.  If you dislike my opinions you don't have to comment. I am not trying to argue.

If you can't handle a response to your opinion, then the internet isn't for you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: The ball was in the process of coming (being pulled) out as he was going down.  Difficult to over turn that.

However, if he had been called down on the field, I doubt it would have been over turned.

The field call was going to be confirmed either way because of how close it was.

Yup have to agree. It was going to be whatever was called on the field regardless. Not enough to change the call either way.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 09:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yup have to agree. It was going to be whatever was called on the field regardless. Not enough to change the call either way.

This is probably the most legit answer.. I think Bates really triggered the refs to call fumble. PLEASE just pay this man already. Good things always happen when he's around the Ball..
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: The ball was in the process of coming (being pulled) out as he was going down.  Difficult to over turn that.

However, if he had been called down on the field, I doubt it would have been over turned.

The field call was going to be confirmed either way because of how close it was.

And the fact that there were no good angles on the replay to confirm. Agree no way to overturn either way. They did the right thing and held to the field call.
Reply/Quote

This, couldn't overturn it. It was close but the right call was made.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 09:55 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Wasn't he the one with the Schwarzenegger avatar?  I would cringe every time I saw that pop up.   

Do you know what ever happened to JoFromFlo?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:03 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Do you know what ever happened to JoFromFlo?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-were-you-on-the-old-site?pid=31929#pid31929

Post #158 purports to tell what became of him.  The alpha member listing doesn't have that name, though.  

Since we're on the topic of the missing, did I miss what happened to coltsfan4ever?  Just disappeared one day.  Was he just a poster's alter ego and I missed the discussion?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:03 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-were-you-on-the-old-site?pid=31929#pid31929

Post #158 purports to tell what became of him.  The alpha member listing doesn't have that name, though.  

Since we're on the topic of the missing, did I miss what happened to coltsfan4ever?  Just disappeared one day.  Was he just a poster's alter ego and I missed the discussion?

I think he had a mental breakdown finally about his obsession with Delhomme banging his gf.

Honestly, I think he got suspended once and just never came back after.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think he had a mental breakdown finally about his obsession with Delhomme banging his gf.

Honestly, I think he got suspended once and just never came back after.

I checked his profile and it doesn't show as suspended.  The posts just stop abruptly.  Maybe Andrew Luck retiring finally sent him over the ledge.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I checked his profile and it doesn't show as suspended.  The posts just stop abruptly.  Maybe Andrew Luck retiring finally sent him over the ledge.  

I think once the suspension is over, it isn't shown anywhere anymore. If I am remembering correctly he got into it with a few people in smack, it went a little too far and the suspension was handed out. He just never returned after it was up is what I meant, not that he still was.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think once the suspension is over, it isn't shown anywhere anymore. If I am remembering correctly he got into it with a few people in smack, it went a little too far and the suspension was handed out. He just never returned after it was up is what I meant, not that he still was.

His last post just seems really innocuous.  Maybe the dust-up happened earlier.  Anyway, he was a character, that's for sure.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:14 PM)Tony Wrote: What do you guys think? Yay or nay? I think they made the right call. It came out simultaneously as his rear hit and no evidence to overturn it. I'm seeing viking videos and fans say the reffs did it to not be booed .. lol, just ridiculous...

I agree with what the Refs saw.  I agree that it was not overturned.  

The ground can not cause a fumble, OK.  The ball was out as his rear end hit the ground, but the ground did not cause the fumble.  The Bengal stripped the ball out.  On TV they showed replays from many camera angles and nothing conclusive to change the call.  

Here is what I saw on TV replays.  As his rear end touches the ground, the ball is in the air far away from him. Now how did the ball get that far away in one camera shot click.  Because the Bengal had already stripped the ball.  It is basic physics that the ball could not be in 2 different places.  The replays show that ball far away from him as his rear end starts to hit the ground, and that would take a couple camera clicks to get that far away. Look at the picture of his rear end just starting to hit the ground, and the ball far away from him in the air.  It can only mean the Bengals stripped the ball first.  So the ground caused nothing. 

For Vikings Fans, we had to live with the Hill Fumble that blew what would have been a Play-Off Win in 2015.   

I agree with The Refs, and the ground did not cause the fumble, the Bengals player caused the fumble. Just good DEFENSE. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: His last post just seems really innocuous.  Maybe the dust-up happened earlier.  Anyway, he was a character, that's for sure.  

Might have been earlier, but the mods do tend to remove posts that lead to a suspension. 

He certainly was a character and a fan of basically every NFL team except the Bengals lol. He was the perfect troll.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 08:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: If you can't handle a response to your opinion, then the internet isn't for you.

If it makes sense sure. That is what the forum is for. But trying to use big words incorrectly, and putting words into my post... just goes down the wrong path.
Reply/Quote
I try to be objective about these calls (Jefferson had the TD). This was a bang, bang play in reality. Review it all you like, but the key is when control of the ball was lost... and you just can't tell. The call on the field had to be upheld as a result.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 11:34 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I try to be objective about these calls (Jefferson had the TD).  This was a bang, bang play in reality.  Review it all you like, but the key is when control of the ball was lost... and you just can't tell.  The call on the field had to be upheld as a result.

I thought Jefferson was clearly in but there was no sideline view so I also understand that call.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: BS call. The replay showed his butt hit the ground, then the ball coming out

I’ll take the win, but these new york decisions are always questionable.

Very lucky

End of discussion!

COACH BOOTH HAS SPOKEN!!  

Just like E.F. Hutton.  

Shut down the thread moderators!  Wink
Reply/Quote