Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fumble call
(09-13-2021, 05:21 PM)Mer Wrote: I thoroughly was expecting them to overturn it. And I did think Jefferson got screwed out of a touchdown.

Yea I agree with you

Even the commentators were expecting it to be overturned.

Did not see the ball move at all before Cook touched the ground
Reply/Quote
I honestly couldnt tell, but was glad we got the call on the field, that made all the difference I think.
Reply/Quote
Well, in last year's opener we lost on an iffy OPI call, so I feel the fumble in this year's opener was poetic justice.

I'm glad we didn't lose to a Nick Vigil team in the opener 2 years in a row.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 04:52 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: There is no way to see if it was already coming out or not when his butt touched so you have to trust the refs who made the call. No blurry still image is going to tell you if the ball was rotating already. It can be in contact with his hand and forearm and still have started the process of coming out.

The touchdown call is another matter. That might've been a legit TD that the Vikings scored but it was earlier in the game so maybe we play things differently and still get the win anyways.

I have Jefferson in Fantasy and that F@%@% me...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Some of you saying it was the right call would be on the opposite side of the coin if that situation happened to the bengals

Agreed. Pretty much every Bengals fan would be pissed and talking about how the NFL wasn't going to let us win if that play was Mixon fumbling. 

I agree it wasn't conclusive either way but people who say for sure one way or the other is only seeing what they want to see. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:41 PM)TheFan Wrote: Agreed. Pretty much every Bengals fan would be pissed and talking about how the NFL wasn't going to let us win if that play was Mixon fumbling. 

I agree it wasn't conclusive either way but people who say for sure one way or the other is only seeing what they want to see. 

I think there is alot of people here that would have agree with it, if it was Mixon..
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:41 PM)TheFan Wrote: the NFL wasn't going to let us win

These kinds of "the fix is in" arguments are for morons and children no matter what shape they take. Let's be better than that here whenever the Bengals do lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:14 PM)Tony Wrote: What do you guys think? Yay or nay? I think they made the right call. It came out simultaneously as his rear hit and no evidence to overturn it. I'm seeing viking videos and fans say the reffs did it to not be booed .. lol, just ridiculous...

I think it is exactly as it was called on the field.    Given the camera angles, there wasn't an angle to over turn it.    If the call on the field had gone the other way, the review would have supported that call as well.   

Personally, I think it was VERY close and the ball may have been coming out at the same time he hit the ground.   Just too close to call and due to the bodies around the play at the time, replay wasn't going to be able to confirm or overturn.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:44 PM)Tony Wrote: I think there is alot of people here that would have agree with it, if it was Mixon..

When have "alot of people" ever agreed with a questionable call that went against the Bengals? Especially one in the last minute that cost a game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: BS call. The replay showed his butt hit the ground, then the ball coming out

I’ll take the win, but these new york decisions are always questionable.

Very lucky

If the ball was moving at all before his butt hit the ground it's a fumble.  There was no evidence to show the ball was not already in the process of coming out, thus it was a fumble and the correct call.  You can't overturn the call on the field unless the evidence clearly shows otherwise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:24 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: If the ball was moving at all before his butt hit the ground it's a fumble.  There was no evidence to show the ball was not already in the process of coming out, thus it was a fumble and the correct call.  You can't overturn the call on the field unless the evidence clearly shows otherwise.

The one angle showed the ball a foot away from Cook a split second after his ass touched, so it had to be moving right? If they would have called it down by contact it would not have been reversed. 
Reply/Quote
I think he was down and it wasn't a fumble. But it was called a fumble which I agree with because it real time it looked that way. There has obviously been worse calls and I'm glad it worked out our way.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: BS call. The replay showed his butt hit the ground, then the ball coming out

I’ll take the win, but these new york decisions are always questionable.

Very lucky

Dude, your.avatar is how I picture your face when typing your posts... you are by far one of the most negative/bitchy posters on this board.  Holy sh!t, go root for another team or something!
Reply/Quote
It was too close to call. Not enough evidence to overturn the call. We got lucky that the call happened to be in our favor to begin with. Nice play to force the ball out. But we did get lucky that a 50/50 call went our way.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 03:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This.

I view it as the universe paying us back for all the bad calls and non-calls we've suffered over the years.

^^^^^^^^^^^this

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:21 PM)Mer Wrote: I thoroughly was expecting them to overturn it. And I did think Jefferson got screwed out of a touchdown.

I expected the same after watching both replays. I was happy they went Cincy’s way, but wasn’t expecting it.
Reply/Quote
Would have been pissed if the teams were reversed, but they weren't. Take that W and never look back. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:02 PM)Tomkat Wrote:   Holy sh!t, go root for another team or something!

Cliché hack response.
Reply/Quote
We've had 30 hours to come to a conclusion and we're still not agreeing on whether it was a fumble or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea I agree with you

Even the commentators were expecting it to be overturned.

Did not see the ball move at all before Cook touched the ground

The ball was away from his body, that's why they couldn't overturn it. No way to tell when he actually 'lost control' of the ball. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote