Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GOP really loves their women
(01-09-2017, 06:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No where did I say states didd't pay for their exceptions, that why I differentiated between the Federal and state; however, the money still comes from public funds. I also seem to remember Obama passing a mandate saying states could not vote to not fund.

You didn't differentiate between federal and state funds. From my reading of your statement, it appeared you were discussing federal funding of abortions via Planned Parenthood.

Are we talking about Planned Parenthood defunding or Obama Care?

It isn't as simple as either or. That's why I gave an explanation.

No link to a study, just this reference from a paper mad about defunding (I had no reason to assume they were not being forthright):

http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/editorials/article124977729.html#storylink=cpy

But the crusade will hit home hard if President-elect Trump – whose new head of White House health policy is a former Republican Senate staffer who has claimed, falsely, that contraception causes abortions – acquiesces to his party’s true believers in Congress. Of the $500 million Planned Parenthood gets each year in Medicaid reimbursements, contraceptive discounts and other federal funding, about $260 million goes to health centers in California.

Without that money, which donations can’t come close to making up, most of the state’s 115 clinics could be threatened with closure, Kathy Kneer, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California, told a Sacramento Bee editorial board member.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/editorials/article124977729.html#storylink=cpy

That mentioned Medicaid reimbursement, but doesn't make clear if it is state funding of Medicaid reimbursements. I couldn't find a primary source, but it seems one state is receiving a vastly disproportionate percentage of Medicaid reimbursements compared to the other 49 states so I suspect they mean state funding. Emphasis on suspect.

Wink
(01-09-2017, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and that's why I said the defunding seems more severe when you say denying women medical treatment. 

Are you agreeing with me on purpose or by accident; that's twice. 

Ah, gotcha. The NPR link Griever provided gives a break down of services.