Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gambler breaks even
He had one Hell of a run for awhile. Loved his cameo in Reno 911.
Rest In Peace, Kenny Rogers
https://www.facebook.com/KennyRogersOfficial/posts/3184449164918803
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
His dealing's done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Many radio stations playing his songs in tribute. I rolled up to the gym with Islands in the Stream blaring out the window. Got a strange look or two.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If you are like many now and have some free time, enjoy some fun 80's movies. Missing Gambler 1 and 3. Six Pack is his only starring role in a motion picture. All of his other movies were made for TV except for a cameo in a 2001 movie that apparently sucked. I remember seeing Six Pack at a friends house before when I was in high school.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Rest easy Kenny
Reply/Quote
Picked a fine time to leave...

Just like Lucille.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Many radio stations playing his songs in tribute. I rolled up to the gym with Islands in the Stream blaring out the window. Got a strange look or two.

Don't you mean, "Ghetto Supasta?"
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 06:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't you mean, "Ghetto Supasta?"

Perhaps, on a different day.  I'm diverse, I appreciate many types of music.  But, on that particular day, it was all Kenny and Dolly.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps, on a different day.  I'm diverse, I appreciate many types of music.  But, on that particular day, it was all Kenny and Dolly.

LOL

Being a little squirt of 8 years old when Ghetto Supasta came out, I had no idea that:

A; It was a cover/retooling of Islands in the Stream (didn't even know the song existed until I was older)
and
B; That Kenny Rogers was anything other than a left-handed AL pitcher, whom I didn't like then (and really don't like now lol)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
With the apocalypse upon us, he knew when to fold them.

RIP
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:42 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He had one Hell of a run for awhile. Loved his cameo in Reno 911.
Rest In Peace, Kenny Rogers
https://www.facebook.com/KennyRogersOfficial/posts/3184449164918803

How long you been waiting to use that title? LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote