Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Game at Jacksonville is for all the Marbles
Here it is, Bengaldom: Make or break for Cincinnati in 2017. The game in Jacksonville will mean playoffs or pouting, winning or waiting, and more. Win this game and get to 4-4 at the halfway point in the season and anything is possible. The AFC is weak this year so a 9-7 record just might sneak the Bengals into the playoffs as a wild card team.

Jacksonville is good this year, especially on defense. Their pass rush might be the best in the league right now which is bad news because Cincinnati’s offensive line is made up of five ineptly coached turnstiles. It’s going to be up to Joe Mixon to win this game for Cincinnati. He’ll need to run to the edges and catch some slants. Forget the deep ball to AJ Green tomorrow because Andy Dalton won’t have time to throw anything beyond a quick slant or bubble screen.

Paul Guenther has his work cut out for him too. Blake Bortles isn’t impressive but he’s serviceable but the problem is Leonard Fournette. Keeping the ball out if his hands on third and short will be crucial.

I don’t see a blowout for either team and I predict a close game. The Bengals will need to score at least 27 points to beat the Jaguars.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 11:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here it is, Bengaldom: Make or break for Cincinnati in 2017. The game in Jacksonville will mean playoffs or pouting, winning or waiting, and more. Win this game and get to 4-4 at the halfway point in the season and anything is possible. The AFC is weak this year so a 9-7 record just might sneak the Bengals into the playoffs as a wild card team.

Jacksonville is good this year, especially on defense. Their pass rush might be the best in the league right now which is bad news because Cincinnati’s offensive line is made up of five ineptly coached turnstiles. It’s going to be up to Joe Mixon to win this game for Cincinnati. He’ll need to run to the edges and catch some slants. Forget the deep ball to AJ Green tomorrow because Andy Dalton won’t have time to throw anything beyond a quick slant or bubble screen.

Paul Guenther has his work cut out for him too. Blake Bortles isn’t impressive but he’s serviceable but the problem is Leonard Fournette. Keeping the ball out if his hands on third and short will be crucial.

I don’t see a blowout for either team and I predict a close game. The Bengals will need to score at least 27 points to beat the Jaguars.

I’m not confident in this line for either the run or pass game to be able to put up 27pts. But your right. A win tomorrow could be a game changer. It could be a momentum changer season wise. God forbid we win and this OL starts believing in itself and actually starts playing? The non-coaching of PA has taken them as far as they are gonna get unless they reach deep inside and start playing the game they know how to play.

Reply/Quote
If they win this game, one in which almost every facet favors Jax, I would consider this season wide open again. The line not collapsing would be shocking to me. The Bengals always seem to lose games like this
Reply/Quote
We have to change our season's game plan (since we only have one game plan per season from my vantage point). It can't revolve around having a lot of time behind the line.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is it just me or we do we say this “must win / season is on the line” BS every Sunday. Lol
Reply/Quote
The O-Line has to play better or this could be a QB massacre day.

The D needs to not give up a big play like they always seem to have a knack to do.

This message has been brought to you by...

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:19 AM)Brimey Wrote: If they win this game, one in which almost every facet favors Jax, I would consider this season wide open again. The line not collapsing would be shocking to me. The Bengals always seem to lose games like this

Their D-line is better than our O-line, and their running game might be stronger than our run d, outside of that I would give us the edge in everything else.  Maybe not the kicking game, considering the late kicker addition.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 11:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here it is, Bengaldom: Make or break for Cincinnati in 2017. The game in Jacksonville will mean playoffs or pouting, winning or waiting, and more. Win this game and get to 4-4 at the halfway point in the season and anything is possible. The AFC is weak this year so a 9-7 record just might sneak the Bengals into the playoffs as a wild card team.

Neither team gets to 27. Bengals can win this 17-13, Justin keep LF in check.
Reply/Quote
Awoke sweating this game already. Yes consider it huge for Bengals 2017 destiny.

Think we have a good shot if we can stop Fournette.

But am scared to death for Dalton though with this OL going against their pressure.

Still holding on to hope.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:28 AM)Whacked Wrote: Is it just me or we do we say this “must win / season is on the line” BS every Sunday. Lol

It's certainly been thrown around a lot this year.

People are wrong this time though. Last week against the Colts, at home, right before a 3 game road trip, sitting at 2-4 was a must win. They (Dunlap and a mouse in his pocket) pulled it out. Do you guys know what that makes this week's game?....

A statement game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Awoke sweating this game already. Yes consider it huge for Bengals 2017 destiny.

But am scared to death for Dalton though with this OL going against their pressure.

I think Marvin is too, which is why he was so happy the AJM trade fell through...
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:49 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I think Marvin is too, which is why he was so happy the AJM trade fell through...

If he was smart he woulda signed a 3rd QB instead of a 2nd kicker for this game. Two might not be enough for this O line against the Jacksonville pass rush
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:05 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If he was smart he woulda signed a 3rd QB instead of a 2nd kicker for this game. Two might not be enough for this O line against the Jacksonville pass rush

Perhaps he was planning on doing so, but the Bullock injury threw a wrench into his plan.  I read the current strategy is to rotate RBs at QB after 14 and 5 go down, as they are already used to being drilled in the backfield. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:49 AM)jason Wrote: It's certainly been thrown around a lot this year.

People are wrong this time though. Last week against the Colts, at home, right before a 3 game road trip, sitting at 2-4 was a must win. They (Dunlap and a mouse in his pocket) pulled it out. Do you guys know what that makes this week's game?....

A statement game.

Wouldn't you just have loved if Dunlap took that ball over to Marvelous Marvin and pushed it into his chest.

At the very least the ol' drop the mic...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:49 AM)jason Wrote: It's certainly been thrown around a lot this year.

A statement game.

Whew.  For a second there I thought you were going to call it a trap game.

I see the next three games as a package.  You have to win two out of the three to keep any playoff hopes alive.  I don't care which two you win, just win two of them.  Losing to Indy would have made all three must wins, so at least we avoided that.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Awoke sweating this game already. Yes consider it huge for Bengals 2017 destiny.

Definitely a big game and a very challenging one as well, considering what the Jags have done against the AFC North so far...

2-0, PF: 74 - PA: 16

Opp QB's: 47/82, 57.3%, 376 yards, 1 td, 7 int
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:16 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Wouldn't you just have loved if Dunlap took that ball over to Marvelous Marvin and pushed it into his chest.

At the very least the ol' drop the mic...

My daughter's birthday party was going in last week during the game. I texted a buddy of mine telling him "We're garbage", and walked away from the TV to mingle. I missed that whole sequence that won the game for them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
if someone said,
if I predict the winner correctly I would win a million dollars I would ick the jags....24-6
our O-line is too weak & they will sack A.D. maybe 10 times....if he's not out injured in the first quarter...

our RB's have to carry the load for us b/c I doubt A.D. will have 3 seconds to look for a receiver....& w/ poor up front blocking there will not be any holes to run through.....we have NO power game.....if it's 3rd & short we cant run straight ahead....have to go outside, pass or a screen or some type of trickery......no power game....
we HAVE to fix this weak O-line.....but how....???
I doubt we will draft 5 new starters in next yrs draft.....but that may be what we need,,,,
b/c it seems all the guys we have are junk.....
Jags 24-6
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:53 AM)Steve Wrote: if someone said,
if I predict the winner correctly I would win a million dollars I would ick the jags....24-6
our O-line is too weak & they will sack A.D. maybe 10 times....if he's not out injured in the first quarter...

our RB's have to carry the load for us b/c I doubt A.D. will have 3 seconds to look for a receiver
....& w/ poor up front blocking there will not be any holes to run through.....we have NO power game.....if it's 3rd & short we cant run straight ahead....have to go outside, pass or a screen or some type of trickery......no power game....
we HAVE to fix this weak O-line.....but how....???
I doubt we will draft 5 new starters in next yrs draft.....but that may be what we need,,,,
b/c it seems all the guys we have are junk.....
Jags 24-6

They'd better step up even in the passing game.

That early down max protect and utilizing them to block is a downright necessity in this game too.
Reply/Quote
Bengals will win this game.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote