Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Game at Jacksonville is for all the Marbles
(11-05-2017, 11:53 AM)Steve Wrote: if someone said,
if I predict the winner correctly I would win 127 Luminas I would ick the jags....24-6

I agree, but let's keep this in terms Mike can understand.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if they win because the defense usually does well against offenses that aren't balanced. Having said that, if we could somehow confirm that missing the playoffs would cost Marvin his job, I'd be all for losing every game for the rest of the season. Each win feels bittersweet when you absolutely KNOW that this coach can never win a Super Bowl here.
“It’s easy for everybody to say to make that change," Lewis said last week. "But ... when that change doesn’t work out, what do you do?"

Marvin Lewis on why he refused to make a change at the kicker position.
Reply/Quote
I think I'm most excited to see Jeremy Hill start the game, AND see WJIII start the game on the sidelines for "learning opportunities." Which will also mean that John Ross will be in the same situation when it comes to Lafell.

But yeah, I don't think it's for all the marbles. Even for all the teams missing star players, we still don't match up to them IMO. This season isn't going anywhere special.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:19 AM)Brimey Wrote: If they win this game, one in which almost every facet favors Jax, I would consider this season wide open again. The line not collapsing would be shocking to me. The Bengals always seem to lose games like this

I agree with you except for the part where the Bengals always seem to lose games like this.  I believe the opposite in that they typically perform well as underdogs and lay an egg when heavily favored.  Plus, as the OP said, this is for all the marbles....and our coach has no marbles.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4706423]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:21 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We have to change our season's game plan (since we only have one game plan per season from my vantage point). It can't revolve around having a lot of time behind the line.

You mean actually make adjustments based on the incredible weaknesses in weapons and offensive line?  Brilliant!  Doubt it happens, though.  I further doubt they even put eight in the box and will die a slow death against Fournette rather than risk your all first-round CBs get beat over the top.  Biggest chicken-shyt coaching staff on the planet.  
Reply/Quote
What's funny is, if the Bengals play like they did last week and still win this game, we'd be ecstatic.

Won't happen though. They play like they did last week, Dalton may actually get killed.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 12:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You mean actually make adjustments based on the incredible weaknesses in weapons and offensive line?  Brilliant!  Doubt it happens, though.  I further doubt they even put eight in the box and will die a slow death against Fournette rather than risk your all first-round CBs get beat over the top.  Biggest chicken-shyt coaching staff on the planet.  

The pad they give WRs is absolutely ridiculous as well.

They just know Drek is a penalty waiting to happen and shy away from man.

I really can't stand when he's out of position or gets beat. 

The open WR drops it or was overthrown only to see him celebrate like he accomplished some outstanding coverage feat.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 12:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The pad they give WRs is absolutely ridiculous as well.

They just know Drek is a penalty waiting to happen and shy away from man.

I really can't stand when he's out of position or gets beat. 

The open WR drops it or was overthrown only to see him celebrate like he accomplished some outstanding coverage feat.

I actually think Dre tries to bait those quick passes because he is incredibly quick and long-armed.  He has played very well this year, and seems to have gained a few pounds of sand in his shorts and some toughness to go along with it.  Much better tackler this year.

My biggest complaint is how this offense continues to do high-risk, low % plays and exposes their QB to so many free rushers.  The WRs not named AJ get zero separation, but keep getting trotted out there while Ross, Core, and Malone get cobwebs on the bench.  

If they lose this game with their same stupid-ass approach and THEN, about three weeks from now, start using their weapons and the offense begins to roll, I will let my season tickets end.  I am DONE with their inability to use their weapons correctly, when it is obvious to blind people what is going on with this offense.  
Reply/Quote
They'd better have the cart and ambulance ready...this line is going to get someone killed.
Reply/Quote
I agree with someone else said, That we need to take the best out of the next three games. 3-0 Is what I am shooting for but will take 2-1. By the way anyone else think that with the change in the CBA that by having fewer contact practices in pads has hurt the tackles and online as awhole?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:49 AM)jason Wrote: It's certainly been thrown around a lot this year.

People are wrong this time though. Last week against the Colts, at home, right before a 3 game road trip, sitting at 2-4 was a must win. They (Dunlap and a mouse in his pocket) pulled it out. Do you guys know what that makes this week's game?....

A statement game.

Either way it's a statement.   We'll get a BIG clue as to...is this edition above average or below average.
Someday...our O-line will get good. That day may be pretty close,or pretty distant.  IF.....IF we do win, it will because this O-Line did step up, began to evolve. Yay.

More likely... it makes us focus on the next Draft/Free Agent options. Another fail by the O-Line means Alexander...will go, and it's gust a question of when.
Reply/Quote