Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Get Off My Lawn Vent about the 4th of July
I like the 4th because I get a couple of days off work. Beyond that, I went to a fireworks display and sat in traffic for an hour trying to get out of the neighborhood where it was held.

When I was little, it was awesome. The whole family got together, all eighty gazillion of us, at our farm. They had hours worth of fireworks and the adults were generally hammered and let us run completely wild. There was a ton of grilled meat and junk food everywhere.

I realized how far it had fallen last year. My wife and I got her mom to take my son for the week. Our sitter was on vacation. We drove home, drank about 4 beers apiece, grilled some chicken wings, and then promptly passed out around 10. Oh, I also shredded some mail. Exciting shit.
Reply/Quote
Agree with the OP 100%. Hell, you can have the whole month of July too, for that matter. It's a big, fat, empty, hot month that just sits there, blocking the way to cooler weather, new tv shows, football and hockey, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Damn you to hell, July. Oh, wait...you're already there.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 08:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's a big, fat, empty, hot month that just sits there

Word around here is that you prefer big fat hot sweaty things.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2017, 04:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Word around here is that you prefer big fat hot sweaty things.  (llamas)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one in the US that has a problem with the 4th of July.....and the whole month of July as well.  Not to wish my entire summer away though. I think I'm going to go sit in my comfy chair, kick my feet up, sip on a Jameson and contemplate what my feelings are for Labor Day.  I'm pretty sure I enjoy Labor much more so than I do the 4th. 

'Murica!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2017, 04:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Word around here is that you prefer big fat hot sweaty things.

Meh, around my house, I'm the big hot sweaty thing.  Thank God the wife has low standards.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote