Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Girl Left Behind
(08-27-2016, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone watch the show?

The failure to make the donation seems like a low class move by Barry, but I think the show as about a lot more than that.  If these people are telling a bunch of lies to make him look bad then I can understand why he would renege on the offer.

I missed it, but I a sure I will be able to find it somewhere else.

I watched the show and to answer yours and a few other questions posed:

The organization that seemed the most liable for her was Doctors without Borders. Although Kayla was in one of their vehicles when captured; they did not negotiate her release, as they did members of their organization, because she was not part of their staff

The original demand from ISIS was a prisoner exchange: Kayla for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui

If the exchange could not be made then 5 million Euros

The next organisation to be assessed blame was the FBI. Numerous errors were pointed out in their negotiation tactics

The family tried to use Qatar as a go between and the US said no; even thought they had used Qatar as a go between in the Bergdal case

To be fair, the President should be assessed very little blame; if any at all. The family said he really seemed to care.

The US can pay ransom for hostages if the ransom can be used to obtain intel on the captures. 

I appreciate the US policy of non-negotiation; but as I said earlier I see no reason why they would persecute a private citizen negotiating a release. At the end of the show, the announcers said this policy has recently been and private citizens can now negotiate release.

As I mentioned earlier: The blame lies with the ISIS cowards and Kayla was very brave. She refused to join 2 others in an escape attempt as she told them that ISIS would look harder for them if she was with them.

Makes me want to go to the recruiters office on Monday and see if I have any eligibility left.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Thanks bfine.  Hope to catch it soon.  As a bleeding heart douchebal I will say my opinion of this administration has been greatly diminished by their actions which have negatively impacted docs without borders.  Drones are cowardly.  Drones that hit and kill people trying to help women and children are an abomination of this countries values.   Not apologizing for those 'mistakes' and fixing the issue at hand is an absolute tragedy that should make us all revolt. 
(08-27-2016, 11:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Thanks bfine.  Hope to catch it soon.  As a bleeding heart douchebal I will say my opinion of this administration has been greatly diminished by their actions which have negatively impacted docs without borders.  Drones are cowardly.  Drones that hit and kill people trying to help women and children are an abomination of this countries values.   Not apologizing for those 'mistakes' and fixing the issue at hand is an absolute tragedy that should make us all revolt. 

I have heard the drones refereed to as Obama's "easy button". Many "boots on the ground" folks absolutely hate them. 

(08-28-2016, 01:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have heard the drones refereed to as Obama's "easy button". Many "boots on the ground" folks absolutely hate them. 

Not a whole lot better than convincing some kid to strap on a vest imho.  
(08-28-2016, 01:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have heard the drones refereed to as Obama's "easy button". Many "boots on the ground" folks absolutely hate them. 

You also heard that Trump had more support among latinos than the last two Republican candidates combined. Smirk

Got a link to back up this claim?
(08-28-2016, 08:31 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Not a whole lot better than convincing some kid to strap on a vest imho.  

You can't be serious.
(08-28-2016, 09:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't be serious.

You cannot tell me what I am and am not serious about. 
(08-28-2016, 09:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You also heard that Trump had more support among latinos than the last two Republican candidates combined. Smirk

Got a link to back up this claim?

You can just type in "Drones Obama's easy button" and see what you get. You can also type in "ground forces dislike drones" and see what you get. Or you can take my word for it.

Many ground forces do not like drones for numerous reasons:

They cause collateral damamge they ground forces many times have to pay the price for.

They are starting to be fielded by other countries and are nothing more than IEDs from the sky

They cannot provide context to the situation

Here's a link to a paper on the matter:
http://www.cnas.org/sites/default/files/publications-pdf/CNAS%20Report_Uncertain%20Ground_151203%20v02.pdf

Anything else I can help you with or points from other threads you wish to interject?