Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, Bad and 5up/5down: Week 2
The Good

Offense - Play calling was/is uninspiring, and the Oline has struggled, but they moved the ball at will and you felt like any possession they could score. 4th down conversions deserve praise.
Special teams - field position has favored the Bengals in both games now. Consistently starting around the 40.
Time management - I do trust ZT more than Marvin, even if he is a little loose with the timeout usage.

The Bad

Run Defense - Maybe it was to be expected with the injuries on the line.
Pass Defense - Baker had all day, was barely touched.
Time management - The game was lost, but they could have been more urgent the last drive of the 4th quarter just in case the onside kick was recovered.
Zac Taylor - It took the Browns HC with no offseason or preseason 2 games to get his first win. We've won 2 games in the last 16.

5up
Bullock - Looked like his calves are healed......
Boyd - Clutch as always.
Burrow - One of the reasons you believe there's a chance to score every drive. This loss isn't on him.
B. Wilson - Best return man on the team? Phillips may disagree.
Sample - Stepped up in CJ's absence, and didn't look lost out there.

5 down
Johnson - Ok so he's not a RG. Does that mean he isn't a tackle either?
Turner - I was won over by the end of last season, but seeing what we passed up on (Callahan) for what he brings is going to sting the next couple years against the Browns.
Lawson- Our best pure pass rusher in a contract year is going to have to step it up.
Price - After a strong (for Price) game week 1, wasn't trusted with a start.
Higgins - Couple good catches, but rookie moments out there.

Barely missed - Green, Ross, Hubbard, Bynes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Boyd wasn’t clutch otherwise he catches the TD
Reply/Quote
So Time Management is Good and Bad?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
For the most part I have been ok with time management from the ZT staff. Highlighted by the Dolphins comeback last year.

I didn't like the lack of urgency in that last drive tho. Even if the game was "over".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Good

Offense - Play calling was/is uninspiring, and the Oline has struggled, but they moved the ball at will and you felt like any possession they could score. 4th down conversions deserve praise.
Special teams - field position has favored the Bengals in both games now. Consistently starting around the 40.
Time management - I do trust ZT more than Marvin, even if he is a little loose with the timeout usage.  

The Bad

Pass Defense -  Baker had all day, was barely touched.
Time management - The game was lost, but they could have been more urgent the last drive of the 4th quarter just in case the onside kick was recovered.
Zac Taylor - It took the Browns HC with no offseason or preseason 2 games to get his first win. We've won 2 games in the last 16.

5up
Boyd - Clutch as always.
Burrow - One of the reasons you believe there's a chance to score every drive. This loss isn't on him.

5 down
Turner - I was won over by the end of last season, but seeing what we passed up on (Callahan) for what he brings is going to sting the next couple years against the Browns.
Lawson- Our best pure pass rusher in a contract year is going to have to step it up.

The return game is money so far. Wilson is a total stud.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: For the most part I have been ok with time management from the ZT staff. Highlighted by the Dolphins comeback last year.

I didn't like the lack of urgency in that last drive tho. Even if the game was "over".

Part of that, to me, was the fact they couldn't go deep due to lack of blocking. They pretty much dinked and dunked all night. No time to let receivers get down the field. I mean, it's scary how bad the line is. I'm thinking we were a bit too hard on Dalton, Driskel, and Finley. They're certainly not on Burrow's level, so that definitely deep sixed any shot at success any of them could've had. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

The Bad

5up
Boyd - Clutch as always.

5 down

Do you mean Conklin? You said Callahan.

Also, I'd put Jonah Williams on the UP over Bullock. Williams has been (one of) the best OL on the team through 2 games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

The Bad

5up
Boyd - Clutch as always.

5 down

The dropped TD that could very well have given the team a shot at OT keeps me from trending Boyd up.  It's especially bad considering how the D was playing and knowing we needed TD's to keep pace.  Anyways, my 5 up/down would be...

5 Up

1.Burrow-1st 300 yard game as was the best player on the team.

2.Mike Thomas-You can't tell me he hasn't been one of the top 3 WR's on this team over the first two games.

3.Drew Sample-Talk of his being a draft bust may have been premature.

4.Mackenzie Alexander-He's a guy you haven't really noticed the first two games.  For a CB, that's a good thing.

5.CJ Uzomah-Was off to a strong start of the season.  Sadly, it looks like his year is done.

5 Down

1.AJ Green-Looks like a washed up has been.  

2.Fred Johnson-Now I know why he didn't present any real challenge to Bobby Hart this off-season.

3.Jesse Bates-May be a worse tackler than Deion Sanders and Deion didn't even try.

4.Auden Tate-After an insane amount of off-season hype, Mike Williams 2.0 was a healthy scratch in week 2.

5.The LB Corps-Impossible to pick one guy out of this mess.  Missed tackles, guys out of position, guys not getting off blocks, etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Do you mean Conklin? You said Callahan.

Also, I'd put Jonah Williams on the UP over Bullock. Williams has been (one of) the best OL on the team through 2 games.

Bill Callahan is who he is talking about. A highly respected offensive line coach that went to the Browns this past offseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Bill Callahan is who he is talking about. A highly respected offensive line coach that went to the Browns this past offseason.

Ahh gotcha. I didn't realize Bill Callahan became Browns OL coach. It's noticeable seeing them bring in Conklin, drafting Wills, and then last night's game their OL only allowing 3 pressures total the whole night.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I just like to see Burrow be more effective down the field.. a real weak area after 2 games.. he did improve after a soso first game... I came into the season skeptical about Ross and that has not changed.. If he does not do something over the next couple games.. time to play others more...
Reply/Quote