Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, The Bad And Ugly
Great win today in NY on a very emotional with the game being on 9/11 and the thoughts and prayers who are still with the families who lost their loved ones on one of the worst days of America's history.

The Good

Andy Dalton- Andy came back after his injury and played an excellent game. This was the first time Ive watched him play without holding my breath with each throw because I had the confidence he'd get it done....and he did!

AJ Green- AJ had some fantastic catches today, and a reason why he is the key to our offense. Cant get enough AJ!

K Dansby- Came into  the game wearing stripes and leading the defense with 5 tackles and 6 assists. Great addition to this team.

The Bad

The defense allowing the Jets to run so much resulting in such a nail biter of a game. They need to tighten that up in the next few weeks against Shitsburgh and the Broncos.

The Ugly

Anyone who watched this game knows what this is. The offensive line was atrocious! If Dalton didn't have such a quick release in his throwing game, he would've been sacked three times as much today. That offensive line was a real concern and makes me wonder how hard this running game will struggle this year if they don't work this offensive line in the coming weeks.

All in all it was a great game to watch and knew with the tough schedule we have at the beginning of the season, the Bengals knew this was already a must win game week one and they delivered! Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: Great win today in NY on a very emotional with the game being on 9/11 and the thoughts and prayers who are still with the families who lost their loved ones on one of the worst days of America's history.

The Good

Andy Dalton- Andy came back after his injury and played an excellent game. This was the first time Ive watched him play without holding my breath with each throw because I had the confidence he'd get it done....and he did!

AJ Green- AJ had some fantastic catches today, and a reason why he is the key to our offense. Cant get enough AJ!

K Dansby- Came into  the game wearing stripes and leading the defense with 5 tackles and 6 assists. Great addition to this team.

The Bad

The defense allowing the Jets to run so much resulting in such a nail biter of a game. They need to tighten that up in the next few weeks against Shitsburgh and the Broncos.

The Ugly

Anyone who watched this game knows what this is. The offensive line was atrocious! If Dalton didn't have such a quick release in his throwing game, he would've been sacked three times as much today. That offensive line was a real concern and makes me wonder how hard this running game will struggle this year if they don't work this offensive line in the coming weeks.

All in all it was a great game to watch and knew with the tough schedule we have at the beginning of the season, the Bengals knew this was already a must win game week one and they delivered! Who Dey!

Agree with everything except The Ugly.  Outside of Andre Smith being gone, it's the same OL as the past few years. So, were Fisher and O playing horribly?

Yes, there were mistakes, but when you make mistakes against a defense that is playing lights out, it will eat you alive.

Mistakes were made but it was more the fact that the Jets were the #3 defense last year, and look like they may finish at least that good this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:13 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Agree with everything except The Ugly.  Outside of Andre Smith being gone, it's the same OL as the past few years. So, were Fisher and O playing horribly?

Yes, there were mistakes, but when you make mistakes against a defense that is playing lights out, it will eat you alive.

Mistakes were made but it was more the fact that the Jets were the #3 defense last year, and look like they may finish at least that good this year.

Well when you go into the playoffs those are the kind of defenses you go against. Wait till week 3 against the Broncos, that defense is even better. The offensive line needs to improve. Dalton makes them look better than they are with his quick releases. No excuses, they need to play better and step it up.
Reply/Quote
I was wondering: Did the Jets come out with looks we weren't prepared for? That would still be no excuse, but perhaps we didn't have a lot of film on what they were doing alignment-wise today and that's why our protection schemes just completely fell apart against them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:24 PM)treee Wrote: I was wondering: Did the Jets come out with looks we weren't prepared for? That would still be no excuse, but perhaps we didn't have a lot of film on what they were doing alignment-wise today and that's why our protection schemes just completely fell apart against them.

The next two weeks aren't going to be any easier for these guys going into Pittsburgh and then hosting the Broncos. They need to watch that tape and and make some serious adjustments this upcoming week. I want us on a high next Sunday leaving Heinz field with a "W"!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well when you go into the playoffs those are the kind of defenses you go against. Wait till week 3 against the Broncos, that defense is even better. The offensive line needs to improve. Dalton makes them look better than they are with his quick releases. No excuses, they need to play better and step it up.

Our line has played well last year against good defense.. so im not going to act like we just became horrible.... 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well when you go into the playoffs those are the kind of defenses you go against. Wait till week 3 against the Broncos, that defense is even better. The offensive line needs to improve. Dalton makes them look better than they are with his quick releases. No excuses, they need to play better and step it up.

Did the Bengals DL have any sacks?  Were they just that horrible, or is there a 'chance' that the Jets OL had a good game plan like the announcers alluded to?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Our line has played well last year against good defense.. so im not going to act like we just became horrible.... 

Exactly!  Sometimes you just get out smarted and out played.  I think that's exactly what happened and the mistakes the Bengals had were magnified because the Jets were playing so well.
Reply/Quote
I would add Dre Kirkpatrick to the ugly list. Dude gets burnt too often

I sure hope next week he doesnt line up on ABs side of the field. Thats a big play waiting to happen.....
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:56 PM)Gohards Wrote: I would add Dre Kirkpatrick to the ugly list. Dude gets burnt too often

I sure hope next week he doesnt line up on ABs side of the field. Thats a big play waiting to happen.....

Lolwut?

All the big pass plays were up the seam. Aside from his usual PI and holding, he didn't have bad coverage pretty much all day.

And before you bring Decker up, he would've ran through any CB on that play and you're drunker than I was if you think otherwise.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Our line has played well last year against good defense.. so im not going to act like we just became horrible.... 

Quote from Lewis post game 

On if he sees giving up seven sacks as just going up against a good defensive line…
No, we’ve got to do better. We can’t give up seven sacks. Our quarterback will not make it through the season if we give up seven sacks a week.
Reply/Quote
Zampese needs to figure it out earlier in games, should of used more HB screens and get Gio involved in the short pass game vs. that pressure. We were very fortunate today.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:44 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Zampese needs to figure it out earlier in games, should of used more HB screens and get Gio involved in the short pass game vs. that pressure.  We were very fortunate today.

Yeah, we had a few failed screens out of the backfield. We have to get that down so we can slow down the pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: Great win today in NY on a very emotional with the game being on 9/11 and the thoughts and prayers who are still with the families who lost their loved ones on one of the worst days of America's history.

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

Strength and conditioning with the offensive line.  The center and the two guards still have the physiques of college players.
Reply/Quote
The Good : Lafell eased my concerns after today. Feel comfortable with receivers now . The kicking team executing FG within just a few seconds before half. AJ Green, Dalton, and Josh did not stink either.

The Bad : The defense is going to have to perform a little better than this. But was good enough today still.

The Ugly : The O-line.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:56 PM)Gohards Wrote: I would add Dre Kirkpatrick to the ugly list. Dude gets burnt too often

No he didn't

Last year Decker and Marshall had over 2500 yards and 26 tds.  Today they accounted for 69 yards and 1 td.  
Reply/Quote

The jets DL is pretty well stocked. They now have the horses to have a very scary rotation like the Bengals did on their DL for a couple of seasons. Let's give the OL the benefit of the doubt and just chalk this performance up to a superior opponent.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:04 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Lolwut?

All the big pass plays were up the seam. Aside from his usual PI and holding, he didn't have bad coverage pretty much all day.

And before you bring Decker up, he would've ran through any CB on that play and you're drunker than I was if you think otherwise.

What about the huge 3 down opi call? That wasnt big?

Dre kirkpatrick is a liability
Reply/Quote
Really liking the Dansby addition. He was in in seemingly every tackle, always around the action. he may be getting old, but he's a really intelligent football player. I really can't wait to see the linebacker group when Vontaze comes back to join him.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:13 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Agree with everything except The Ugly.  Outside of Andre Smith being gone, it's the same OL as the past few years. So, were Fisher and O playing horribly?

I think the C position gets exposed a lot against a 3-4.  Bodine is horrible.  I'm still shocked that the front office didn't do anything to address this position during the offseason.  
Reply/Quote