Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, The Bad And Ugly
Aside from the obvious INT on the Jets' last drive, I thought Josh Shaw played very well today, including a couple of plays on STs. His coverage on Decker on that last play was so good that Fitz hit him in the numbers. Looked like it took him by surprise. Just glad he was able to catch it.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: Great win today in NY on a very emotional with the game being on 9/11 and the thoughts and prayers who are still with the families who lost their loved ones on one of the worst days of America's history.

The Good

Andy Dalton- Andy came back after his injury and played an excellent game. This was the first time Ive watched him play without holding my breath with each throw because I had the confidence he'd get it done....and he did!

AJ Green- AJ had some fantastic catches today, and a reason why he is the key to our offense. Cant get enough AJ!

K Dansby- Came into  the game wearing stripes and leading the defense with 5 tackles and 6 assists. Great addition to this team.

The Bad

The defense allowing the Jets to run so much resulting in such a nail biter of a game. They need to tighten that up in the next few weeks against Shitsburgh and the Broncos.

The Ugly

Anyone who watched this game knows what this is. The offensive line was atrocious! If Dalton didn't have such a quick release in his throwing game, he would've been sacked three times as much today. That offensive line was a real concern and makes me wonder how hard this running game will struggle this year if they don't work this offensive line in the coming weeks.

All in all it was a great game to watch and knew with the tough schedule we have at the beginning of the season, the Bengals knew this was already a must win game week one and they delivered! Who Dey!

I am in agreement with a lot of what you said, and I won't duplicate but will add a few of my own:

THE GOOD

Vinny Rey- Dude was disguising his pass rush and breaking out in time to defend a quick out to a RB.  I think he ended with 10 tackles.  Very, very solid performance.

Margus Hunt- Probably played more than anyone saw coming due to the extreme heat (more on that later).  Had a pass knocked down (maybe 2?), QB hurries, a TFL, and a huge blocked kick.  On a day where the trenches were won by the Jets, Margus had a hell of a day as a backup DE/swing DT.

Mike Nugent- It is never easy, but that 47 yarder might have been good from 57.  He also got destroyed helping stop the big KR, but helped to make the stop. 

Jeremy Hill- Didn't get many opportunities, but was solid and the TD run looked awesome.  I also liked the "hand the ball to the ref" celebration.  Its all business this year.

Brandon Lafell-Notorious slow starter got 91 yards on 4 receptions.  Great addition. 

THE BAD

Tackling was poor, especially by Shawn Williams.  Safeties in run support were not very, well, supportive. 

Dre Kirkpatrick gets caught flat-footed too often and it causes problems.  Hoping he finishes better than he started this season.

Carlos Dunlap- Where were you all day?  Do yourself a favor and stop talking about sack records and focus on your opponent. 

Pat Sims- Dud, complete dud.  Fat as hell and couldn't  move in that heat. 

THE UGLY

The offensive line was pathetic in both run blocking and pass blocking.  I'm going to give them a pass in a sense because of the extreme heat and the black jerseys.  However, we better see a very different team next week and moving forward or Dalton will never finish the season.

Play calling- We forgot to run the ball almost entirely!  What about a Jet sweep?  That would have negated some of the pass rush.  More screen passes, or just better executed screen passes would have helped keep Dalton clean as well.  Please, please, please...run my fav..the TE screen when the pressure is at the line...I love watching our TEs flatten DBs.
Reply/Quote
The Great
Andy and AJ-They were awesome all Day; AJ with 180 yards, 12-13 on targets, and a TD . Andy with 366 yards ,a TD, and going 23-30 on  passing attempts.
The Good-
Brandon Lafell- 4-4 for 91 yards including a 48 yard bomb on 3-18.
Redzone defense-  2-5 on TDs is pretty impressive and then add a block kick to it.
Hunt-block kick, 2 pass deflections, and a tackle for a loss.
Geno- double teamed all day yet 3 tackles for a loss and a sack. 
We played a bad game and won- that's what great teams do they find a way in tough environments when they are not playing the best. The jets played better than us but we still found a way.
The Bad-
Kick coverage- what was that?
Covering TES and RBs- Forte and Enuwa had a combined 12/15 targets(80 %), for 113 yards(7.5 YPA), and 1 TD
D line- where was the pressure? 3 hits on 35 pass attempts is putrid with only one sack to boot. The Dline is the center piece of this unit.
The Ugly
Offensive line- 10 hits and 7 sacks what else needs to be said.
Lack of running game- we literally didn't even try we need more the 14 carries between Gio and Hill .

https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:35 AM)J24 Wrote: The Great
Andy and AJ-They were awesome all Day; AJ with 180 yards, 12-13 on targets, and a TD . Andy with 366 yards ,a TD, and going 23-30 on  passing attempts.
The Good-
Brandon Lafell- 4-4 for 91 yards including a 48 yard bomb on 3-18.
Redzone defense-  2-5 on TDs is pretty impressive and then add a block kick to it.
Hunt-block kick, 2 pass deflections, and a tackle for a loss.
Geno- double teamed all day yet 3 tackles for a loss and a sack. 
We played a bad game and won- that's what great teams do they find a way in tough environments when they are not playing the best. The jets played better than us but we still found a way.
The Bad-
Kick coverage- what was that?
Covering TES and RBs- Forte and Enuwa had a combined 12/15 targets(80 %), for 113 yards(7.5 YPA), and 1 TD
D line- where was the pressure? 3 hits on 35 pass attempts is putrid with only one sack to boot. The Dline is the center piece of this unit.

The Ugly
Offensive line- 10 hits and 7 sacks what else needs to be said.
Lack of running game- we literally didn't even try we need more the 14 carries between Gio and Hill .

The Bengals clearly game planned to take Marshall and Decker out of the game and they were successful at this. Marshall had 3 catches for 32 yards and Decker had 2 catches for 37 yards and a TD. By doing that they left the RBs more open. Marshall and Decker can just kill you if you let them get loose. So I'm not particularly concerned about what Forte did.

There were a number of tipped passes that I saw. Didn't count them though. Yes, we didn't get the sacks, but did hold Fitz to only 189 yards.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: The Bengals clearly game planned to take Marshall and Decker out of the game and they were successful at this. Marshall had 3 catches for 32 yards and Decker had 2 catches for 37 yards and a TD. By doing that they left the RBs more open. Marshall and Decker can just kill you if you let them get loose. So I'm not particularly concerned about what Forte did.

There were a number of tipped passes that I saw. Didn't count them though. Yes, we didn't get the sacks, but did hold Fitz to only 189 yards.

Good points.  The Bengals gave them the short stuff and Fitzpatrick was taking it all day long.   They just need to do a better job of coming up and making the tackle.  Likewise on the run, better tackling, and better assignment discipline.

Credit Margis Hunt for showing up on the stat sheet.  We have to hope for a break-through because otherwise D-line depth is a problem.

Williams is not Reggie Nelson.  Hopefully playing time will help.

All the Jets defensive looks had to be tough for the O-line without film so I expect that to improve.  There were times when it looked like Ogbuehi did something different than Zeitler expected.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: The Bengals clearly game planned to take Marshall and Decker out of the game and they were successful at this. Marshall had 3 catches for 32 yards and Decker had 2 catches for 37 yards and a TD. By doing that they left the RBs more open. Marshall and Decker can just kill you if you let them get loose. So I'm not particularly concerned about what Forte did.

Agreed.  It seemed clear that they weren't going to give up anything deep.  They thought that taking away those two would frustrate Fitz and he would try to force it in there.  To his credit, he was good at simply taking what the defense was giving him.  I would expect a similar strategy against pissburg, to prevent Brown from anything deep.  They know he catches a minimum of 5 balls per game.  I would bet they contest every pass to him, which is no easy task.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: Great win today in NY on a very emotional with the game being on 9/11 and the thoughts and prayers who are still with the families who lost their loved ones on one of the worst days of America's history.

The Good

Andy Dalton- Andy came back after his injury and played an excellent game. This was the first time Ive watched him play without holding my breath with each throw because I had the confidence he'd get it done....and he did!

AJ Green- AJ had some fantastic catches today, and a reason why he is the key to our offense. Cant get enough AJ!

K Dansby- Came into  the game wearing stripes and leading the defense with 5 tackles and 6 assists. Great addition to this team.

The Bad

The defense allowing the Jets to run so much resulting in such a nail biter of a game. They need to tighten that up in the next few weeks against Shitsburgh and the Broncos.

The Ugly

Anyone who watched this game knows what this is. The offensive line was atrocious! If Dalton didn't have such a quick release in his throwing game, he would've been sacked three times as much today. That offensive line was a real concern and makes me wonder how hard this running game will struggle this year if they don't work this offensive line in the coming weeks.

All in all it was a great game to watch and knew with the tough schedule we have at the beginning of the season, the Bengals knew this was already a must win game week one and they delivered! Who Dey!

i agree with this, i'd also throw into the good category, Margus Hunt, LaFell, and Uzo, they all played great.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:19 AM)Crowe Wrote: i agree with this, i'd also throw into the good category, Margus Hunt, LaFell, and Uzo, they all played great.

There were 2 tough catches Uzo didn't make that I thought Eifert would have made because of his ability.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Our line has played well last year against good defense.. so im not going to act like we just became horrible.... 

Stop making excuses, that performance was horrible. It better improve next week, because you know Pittsburgh is looking to take Andy out again.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Stop making excuses, that performance was horrible. It better improve next week, because you know Pittsburgh is looking to take Andy out again.

^
This times 1000
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:00 AM)Gohards Wrote: What about the huge 3 down opi call? That wasnt big?

Dre kirkpatrick is a liability

I don't know if you just didn't read or legitimately can't read, but I already mentioned that.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
My prediction.

If Dennard stays healthy, he takes the starting job from Kirkpatrick before the seasons over.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote