Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Growl (Bengals DrumLine) Not Returning in 2017
Just heard unofficially the Bengal Growl, the drum line who performed in the tailgate lots before games and made an appearance during the games wont return in 2017.

We always enjoyed them stopping by our tailgates and playing a couple of songs. Wonder if this was a financial or logistics decision?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 12:26 PM)corpjet Wrote: Just heard unofficially the Bengal Growl, the drum line who performed in the tailgate lots before games and made an appearance during the games wont return in 2017.

We always enjoyed them stopping by our tailgates and playing a couple of songs.  Wonder if this was a financial or logistics decision?

I loved them, but I think in 2015 was when they started. Year 1 they played on the field during time outs. Then last year, it seemed they played less. I loved them and wish they were added back in again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think it was the death threats from some folks in my section. I personally liked it...even suggested they should expand to be a bit of a halftime drum corps, but some people really hated them.
Reply/Quote
Somehow I must have missed out on this wonderful bit of entertainment. I didn't know it even existed..
Now I'm going to start a protest to demand it be reinstated STAT!

Wait..what am I gonna protest about again? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 11:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: Somehow I must have missed out on this wonderful bit of entertainment. I didn't know it even existed..
Now I'm going to start a protest to demand it be reinstated STAT!

Wait..what am I gonna protest about again? 

Marvin Lewis as our HC
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote