Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Grueling Truth
(01-05-2017, 04:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree up until the coaching.  I think Zampese is in over his head, but they do make some valid points in his defense.  Otherwise, I'd say spot on.  They also forgot PA insisting on drafting Ogbuehi and sticking him at RT for 9 weeks. :paul:

In the section on the OL, the author specifically mentions Ogbuehi.  The line that I like best is in the coaching section, the author asks why Paul Alexander is still employed by the Bengals.  Too bad a certain defender of Paul Alexander isn't here to tell us how unbased that statement is, and claim that the author is just making things up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 04:32 PM)McC Wrote: What I wonder is...if he looked that bad in games, didn't he also look bad in practice?  Where did they ever get the idea he could play RT at this level anyway?

Practice is a different animal.  Easy to display some technique when there's no real pressure on you and the player's association doesn't allow you to practice full speed.

Of course he could have looked really bad in practice too.  If so I would agree with your incredulity.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:09 PM)3wt Wrote: Practice is a different animal.  Easy to display some technique when there's no real pressure on you and the player's association doesn't allow you to practice full speed.

Of course he could have looked really bad in practice too.  If so I would agree with your incredulity.

I bet Dunlap destroyed Ogbuehi in training camp and ever since in practice.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Our DC does not deserve an F. No pass rushers and average to below average LBs .

Alexander should go before Marvin and both should be gone. Please take Bodine and Ray M with you.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 07:06 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Our DC does not deserve an F. No pass rushers and average to below average LBs .

Alexander should go before Marvin and both should be gone. Please take Bodine and Ray M with you.

Agree, and I'd like to add;  Ogbuehi, don't let the door hit you on the ass, on your way out..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: DO these idiots that say Boling underperformed not know he played most of the season with a separated shoulder???

Didn't know this. That is even more impressive on Boling's part.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the section on the OL, the author specifically mentions Ogbuehi.  The line that I like best is in the coaching section, the author asks why Paul Alexander is still employed by the Bengals.  Too bad a certain defender of Paul Alexander isn't here to tell us how unbased that statement is, and claim that the author is just making things up.

Yeah, like i said, i liked what he had to say about PA and Marv.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 04:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://thegruelingtruth.net/football/nfl/grading-2016-cincinnati-bengals-position-position/

Kind of hard to argue with them.

Are you sure this wasn't written by a member of these forums?  lol
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 04:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Kind of hard to argue with them.

Oh my.  Whomever wrote that actually watched some Bengals games!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 09:31 PM)Stewy Wrote: Are you sure this wasn't written by a member of these forums?  lol
I thought the same thing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 09:45 PM)jason Wrote: I thought the same thing.

It certainly does sound like it was written by someone that actually follows the Bengals.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Article is spot on for the most part. I don't agree with bringing Peko back and I don't agree about Zampese. I agree with Wyche that the Z master is in over his head as an NFL OC.

I go back to the Lapham interview of P. Alexander just after Ogbuehi was benched. PA made a statement to the effect of "we don't care if you're having a bad day, we're trying to win a football game" speaking on what he said to Ced. Like he was a hard ass task master and turned the screw in tight right from the jump. Ummmm piano man, it's week friggin 12 coming up ! Did we just now realize we need to try and win some games ?

These clowns are a complete utter friggin joke of a coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I haven't even read that presser.  Mellow

No need to.....you already know what it says. Mellow

( it's in the thread by Hoofhearted if curiosity gets the better of you )

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:09 PM)3wt Wrote: Practice is a different animal.  Easy to display some technique when there's no real pressure on you and the player's association doesn't allow you to practice full speed.

I would agree if it was a less noticable situation.  Ogbuehi looked totally lost out there.  That had to show up in practice.  What he displayed on the field isn't alin to making 60 yd FGs in practice only to shank a 30 yarder in a game.....or catching everything thrown at you in practice but get stone hands in the game.

This Og issue reeks of piss poor coaching.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 08:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know this. That is even more impressive on Boling's part.

They most likely didn't know that....even if they did....he still underperformed.  Injury or not.  I wouldn't call them idiots over it.  In fact....if the shoulder was that big of a detriment....it could be argued that the staff are the idiots for not relieving him.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 07:06 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Our DC does not deserve an F. No pass rushers and average to below average LBs .

A grown man who open mouth chews his bubble gum like a fat little girl in the mall deserves worse than an F.  Smack  But that could just be a "Me Issue". 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
In all fairness to McCarron he came 1 bad snap away from beating Denver the SB champs, and he should have had our first playoff win in over 2 decades if it wasnt for Hill, Jones and Burfict. Its not like Dalton has Hall of Fame stats against Pitt in the playoffs. Im not saying McCarron should be the starter, just dont make him out like he's chop liver.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: They most likely didn't know that....even if they did....he still underperformed.  Injury or not.  I wouldn't call them idiots over it.  In fact....if the shoulder was that big of a detriment....it could be argued that the staff are the idiots for not relieving him.

Boling was our best Guard this year from everything i saw forget PFF.

That is impressive on his part to play with that injury and not be a detriment. Zeit had no such injury that i heard of.

It seemed mental most of the year for Zeitler. I know the guys around him play a part of course.

As does having Whit to your left for Boling.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: They most likely didn't know that....even if they did....he still underperformed.  Injury or not.  I wouldn't call them idiots over it.

Well I knew it, and I'm not writing an article grading the team by position. If they are going to put stuff out there grading teams like they are experts, they should have known it.....otherwise, IMO, they are idiots. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Boling was our best Guard this year from everything i saw forget PFF.

That is impressive on his part to play with that injury and not be a detriment. Zeit had no such injury that i heard of.

It seemed mental most of the year for Zeitler. I know the guys around him play a part of course.

As does having Whit to your left for Boling.

IMO, Ogbeuwhatver is the reason the whole line failed this year. Zeitler has to try to cover for Ced's poor performance, which means Bodine is left without help on the right side. Bodine is only a fair center, who is now getting zero help from Zeitler, who is covering for Ced, so Boling, with his separated shoulder, has to help cover for Bodine. Which leaves Whitworth on an island where he shines. RT screwed the whole line....IMO if they had started Winston all year, we would have at least 4 more wins.
Reply/Quote