Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Haunting of Bly Manor
Just came out on Netflix very recently.

It's perfectly splendid.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I liked it a lot. Not quite as much as The Haunting of Hill House (also created by Mike Flanagan), but I thoroughly enjoyed the season overall. The ending choked me up a bit. I kind of hope he keeps going with this anthology format, using much of the same cast. Especially his lovely wife...

Reply/Quote
I thought it was pretty bad. Extremely boring at times. Monologues that I guess the writer wanted people to think were brilliant takes on life. No explanation as to why the bad person kills people that happen to be on the route since the bad person is just on an endless journey. The history of the bad person seemed to have been just whipped up to explain why there's a bad person, but it really doesn't. just seems like they through a lot of mysterious things out there in the hope of being seen as clever.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 07:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I liked it a lot. Not quite as much as The Haunting of Hill House (also created by Mike Flanagan), but I thoroughly enjoyed the season overall. The ending choked me up a bit. I kind of hope he keeps going with this anthology format, using much of the same cast. Especially his lovely wife...

I made it to episode 6. It felt like it was building really well and I loved the cast... but man it was a lot of building. I've heard a lot of people talking about Bly Manor, but if it's more of the same, I may skip it.
Reply/Quote