Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Houshmandzadeh coach cam vids are brilliant
I thought these were a really interesting watch and worth a share. It seems like the current receiving group has a lot of respect and he has a lot of useful advice to share.

He can't seem to believe what Eifert is able to do. Fingers crossed for him this year.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Coach-Cam-Houshmandzadeh/68dd43c2-982e-42c7-a804-505b6353d7fe

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Coach_Cam_Houshmandzadeh_on_Eifert/6bcdcae3-1036-432f-8eb9-fd19460c6dd4

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the link pretty awesome to see housh out there. Is he a coach with us or is he kind of just mentoring them before the season?
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 08:42 AM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Thanks for the link pretty awesome to see housh out there. Is he a coach with us or is he kind of just mentoring them before the season?

He was an intern for a couple weeks.   He seems to hsve a future in the field.  Guys listen to him.  He has a wealth of knowledge  about the finer points of the position.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I have no idea if Housh has what it takes to be a good coach, but even back in his playing days he always seemed intelligent and well-spoken. He was also the kind of guy who made himself a very productive player without possessing elite athletic ability. Those guys seem to make better coaches than the ones who were great just because they they were freak athletes.

Of course TJ might have just looked smart compared to Chad who often had trouble composing an intelligible sentence.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes it's easy to forget our quarterback and #1 receiver didn't have any veterans for advice. They were just kinda thrown to the wolves and succeeded.

Reply/Quote
Housh out here makin the guys better. Love it
Reply/Quote
Eifert very well could be special. And yes Housh seems to have that gift of gab, he could be a good coach in the making ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 03:07 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Sometimes it's easy to forget our quarterback and #1 receiver didn't have any veterans for advice. They were just kinda thrown to the wolves and succeeded.

I'm going to disagree with that.  I think Dalton had a great mentor in Jay Gruden.

I also think Green received a lot of good coaching.   Even someone like Mike Zimmer, who specialized in coaching defensive backs, I'll bet he had pointers for Green that he passed along to the offensive coaches.

So I don't believe they were thrown to the wolves.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
Housh will end up being a good position coach in the future. I think guys will relate to him and he has a a lot to offer in terms of on field experience. It would be nice if he ended up on our staff one day.
Reply/Quote
Housh will make an excellent coach.  He's cagy, knows how to relate to players and knows how to avoid injuries.  Hopefully he ends up here some day.

And I loved what he was saying about Eifert.    Eifert made a great reach behind snatch in the video.   Gave me hope that we will have a different outcome this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote