Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Hype and Reality
Remember how Cleveland was suppose to be a great team last year and didn't live up to expectations? Well, I am sending out a message to Bengals Nation that we do not let the hype of next season give us an embarrassing result. Yes, we may have Burrow and Green. But, please don't make comments about how great we will be until the results are in. I personally like to set the bar low and exceed it. With this said, I expect an 8-8 season. Wait, maybe a 9-8 season if there are 17 games. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the advice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 01:31 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Remember how Cleveland was suppose to be a great team last year and didn't live up to expectations? Well, I am sending out a message to Bengals Nation that we do not let the hype of next season give us an embarrassing result. Yes, we may have Burrow and Green. But, please don't make comments about how great we will be until the results are in. I personally like to set the bar low and exceed it. With this said, I expect an 8-8 season. Wait, maybe a 9-8 season if there are 17 games. lol

If your fragile ego needs to be pessimistic, then be pessimistic. If others want to be optimistic, they should be encouraged to do so.

I predict we are picked to be one of the bottom 3rd NFL teams by experts, so the norm expectation would be 4 to 6 wins. Looks like you maybe optimistic after all.  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It's a win if we win 6 games next year. That's 3 times more wins which is significant.

We get anymore than that we are a borderline playoff team.
Reply/Quote
The reality is no one is over hyping us, hell no one is regular hyping us. We were 2-14 for Pete's sake!
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 01:31 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Remember how Cleveland was suppose to be a great team last year and didn't live up to expectations? Well, I am sending out a message to Bengals Nation that we do not let the hype of next season give us an embarrassing result. Yes, we may have Burrow and Green. But, please don't make comments about how great we will be until the results are in. I personally like to set the bar low and exceed it. With this said, I expect an 8-8 season. Wait, maybe a 9-8 season if there are 17 games. lol

I will wait til after free agency and the draft to make a prediction.
Reply/Quote
I'm about to venture over to the Reds thread to see if the OP is drankin' that Kool Aid...

FWIW I knew the Browns would still suck. It takes more than adding a coupla losers like OBJ to a team of losers to turn it around.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 02:03 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: The reality is no one is over hyping us, hell no one is regular hyping us. We were 2-14 for Pete's sake!

who is this (pete) that you speak of???

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 02:28 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I will wait til after free agency and the draft to make a prediction.

Bonnie, I wait till long after that, like the 4 pre season games to make my predictions.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 02:52 PM)jason Wrote: I'm about to venture over to the Reds thread to see if the OP is drankin' that Kool Aid...

FWIW I knew the Browns would still suck. It takes more than adding a coupla losers like OBJ to a team of losers to turn it around.

I'll have to admit Jason, the clowns will be a great team with the right staff. But then again, they are the mistake by the lake!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 01:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If your fragile ego needs to be pessimistic, then be pessimistic. If others want to be optimistic, they should be encouraged to do so.

I predict we are picked to be one of the bottom 3rd NFL teams by experts, so the norm expectation would be 4 to 6 wins. Looks like you maybe optimistic after all.  Sarcasm

This is gold. 

A bengals fan who has taken the last 30 years results and formed the notion that they generally are a poor team has a 'fragile ego'

Yet. A delusional fanboy,  who ignores logic and facts, and thinks every year is gonna be a superbowl run, is superior.  What a joke. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 02:28 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I will wait til after free agency and the draft to make a prediction.

For a final prediction, yes, agreed.

If the Bengals do their typical FA operation (Primarily C-tier FAs with maybe 1 B-tier) plus add Burrow with a typical draft of getting players who are set to take over in a couple years once the incumbent starters hit FA, I'll predict 6 wins if key players remain healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 02:27 PM)RASCAL Wrote: who is this (pete) that you speak of???

Why Peter Edward Rose of course! I heard he lost a bundle bettin' on the bengals last year.
Reply/Quote

wisdom

:andy:
Reply/Quote
I find it funny that the negative people consider their position "reality" when they have been proven wrong many times.

They swore that the "reality" was we were not going to be any good in 2011. There were no message boards in '81 and '88, but I am pretty sure the negative fans were saying that the "reality" was we were not going to a Super Bowl after a 4 win ('87) or 6 win ('80) season.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what will happen, but no one is entitled to call their opinion "reality".

So lets just stick with "positive" and "negative" since neither side has a monopoly on "reality".
Reply/Quote
...and here I am every year setting our expectations to winthe Super Bowl. What was I
thinking? Nervous
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 03:03 PM)2020Bengal Wrote: This is gold. 

A bengals fan who has taken the last 30 years results and formed the notion that they generally are a poor team has a 'fragile ego'

Yet. A delusional fanboy,  who ignores logic and facts, and thinks every year is gonna be a superbowl run, is superior.  What a joke. 
 I don't see anywhere I said anyone should be optimistic or pessimistic. Only, their choice. Who is the fan boy you are referencing again? 
Here is my post again for you as it appears you have reading apprehension issues.

"If your fragile ego needs to be pessimistic, then be pessimistic. If others want to be optimistic, they should be encouraged to do so.

I predict we are picked to be one of the bottom 3rd NFL teams by experts, so the norm expectation would be 4 to 6 wins. Looks like you maybe optimistic after all." 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 05:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  I don't see anywhere I said anyone should be optimistic or pessimistic. Only, their choice. Who is the fan boy you are referencing again? 
Here is my post again for you as it appears you have reading apprehension issues.

"If your fragile ego needs to be pessimistic, then be pessimistic. If others want to be optimistic, they should be encouraged to do so.

I predict we are picked to be one of the bottom 3rd NFL teams by experts, so the norm expectation would be 4 to 6 wins. Looks like you maybe optimistic after all." 

Why does the guy you replied to have a fragile ego for Being pessimistic about the bengals? You said it. Explain
Reply/Quote
I get what you are saying.

BUT... There is talk we are going to end up with more than just Burrow and Green. We have the #1 pick and can use the franchise tag so those two are a given. Plus we also have a vet QB and LT to trade, a bunch of money to spend, and the first pick in rounds 2-7.

And a coach that apparently kept the locker room together through an absolutely dreadful debut season. He could have pulled a Freddie Kitchens and ended up with a locker room of pissed off players in total disarray and been a total failure after one year. Instead we were win less deep into the season and had guys talking about how they don't know how we can be stopped. There may be something to that...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 03:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For a final prediction, yes, agreed.

If the Bengals do their typical FA operation (Primarily C-tier FAs with maybe 1 B-tier) plus add Burrow with a typical draft of getting players who are set to take over in a couple years once the incumbent starters hit FA, I'll predict 6 wins if key players remain healthy.

Depending on what happens in free agency, we can't afford the typical draft of players who might start in a couple years.  We have some spots, especially LB, where we need rookies to start right away.  And we're picking high in each round, so our second and third round draft picks need to be able to start right away.  Of course Burrow will start.
Reply/Quote