Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Injury Pile Continues to Grow!
The injury bug has gone radioactive. I figured it deserves its own thread.

Ced Og- Injured toe; may not be ready for Game 1

Cody Core- Dislocated finger; probably plays Preseason Game 2

Alford- sprained ankle in a walking boot; No set return out maybe a few weeks

Burkhead- missed Preson Game 1; not sure why

Jeremy Hill- pulled out of PG1 due to hand injury; not sure if he plays PG2

Lafell- didn't play PG1 but not sure injury has been revealed

Billings- torn meniscus ; maybe out for season

WJ3- torn pec; maybe out for season

Old injuries guys are still recovering from:

Eifert, Kroft, Dennard, Kumerow
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 09:23 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The injury bug has gone radioactive.  I figured it deserves its own thread.

Ced Og- Injured toe; may not be ready for Game 1

Cody Core- Dislocated finger; probably plays Preseason Game 2

Alford- sprained ankle in a walking boot; No set return out maybe a few weeks

Burkhead- missed Preson Game 1; not sure why

Jeremy Hill- pulled out of PG1 due to hand injury; not sure if he plays PG2

Lafell- didn't play PG1 but not sure injury has been revealed

Billings- torn meniscus ; maybe out for season

WJ3- torn pec; maybe out for season

Old injuries guys are still recovering from:

Eifert, Kroft, Dennard, Kumerow

The injuries I'm not concerned about are as follows:

Core-he'll be fine
Hill- same, (did you see him raise Erickson in the air after the punt return TD?) not worried.
Lafell- again no concern as its said to be minor
Burkhead- sorry, he's dispensable
WJIII- while it sucks he doesn't get experience he probably wouldn't have played much anyways.
Kumerow- I have resigned to the fact that he's not making this team, hope he sticks on PS

Kroft and dennard are a few the are fringe worrisome but they seem to be on track to be back for the season and they know the system, so they should be ok.

Billings is bothersome just because we needed that depth badly, so that one stings a little.

And of course eifert being out is bad, although word is he's coming along nicely, if he only misses a few games I'd say it could be worse but time will tell. This one is easily the most worrisome.

My opinion is that as of right now it isn't as bad as it looks unless the eifert injury lingers or there is a setback. The only two players that have really been "lost" are the rookies and this team is built to weather that kind of storm. The rookies were going to be a compliment to this team, not the focal point. We are fine.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals look awfully smart for drafting two tackles last year all of a sudden. Not sure how this will affect the level of play at right tackle because I'm not quite sure we know what we have yet with Fisher or Ced. But it's good to know that we have a young guy that can step right in there when one goes down, as is the case now.
Reply/Quote
Obg should be fine... but looks like Whit needs to get back into action now.
Reply/Quote
Billings needs to sit out the year. No point rushing him back especially with that injury. The meniscus gets very little blood flow so the healing process is incredibly slow, and for a man of his size knee injuries are especially tricky.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If Ced has turf toe he could be out indefinitely like Green was a couple years ago.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/765573647222263808

NFL Network reporting the issue with Lafell is a torn ligament in his hand.
Reply/Quote
Sorry, but Im getting the feeling that were doomed this year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 12:52 PM)NKYRob Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/765573647222263808

This is starting to feel like 2014 all over again....
[Image: ferris-quote.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well, I guess we will find out how good our depth really is.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 12:52 PM)T NKYRob Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/765573647222263808

And will likely need surgery. 

Time to step up, Cody Core!

Bengals WRs week 1:

AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core
Alex Erickson
Mario Alford

and somehow....Brandon Tate.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: And will likely need surgery. 

Time to step up, Cody Core!

Bengals WRs week 1:

AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core
Alex Erickson
Mario Alford

Don't forget about James Wright...
Reply/Quote
Geoff Hobson now reporting that Marvin Lewis does not expect Lafell to miss the opener.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/765580970430828544
Reply/Quote
I feel like a ping pong ball

Reply/Quote
On paper seems like a lot of stuff to take in at once, but really many of those guys are not starters and only would take a handful of snaps during a reg season game anyway, plus most of those listed will be back in the first 1/4 of the year, if not sooner. No need to panic quite yet. Everybody in the NFL is in the same boat as us with a laundry list of dings. We'll be just fine!!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 12:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If Ced has turf toe he could be out indefinitely like Green was a couple years ago.

while still an issue I don't know if its as big an issue for a lineman compared to a WR whos running downfield every play.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:08 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Don't forget about James Wright...

Assuming he is 100% and stays healthy, I like this guy in the mix.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: while still an issue I don't know if its as big an issue for a lineman compared to a WR whos running downfield every play.

Any type of foot injury is an issue when you weigh 300 pounds.  Especially when you are moving laterally and planting while trying to stop a 275 pound man from getting by you.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:35 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Any type of foot injury is an issue when you weigh 300 pounds.  Especially when you are moving laterally and planting while trying to stop a 275 pound man from getting by you.

Agreed, though to find a silver lining in the whole situation, if someone on an NFL roster has a toe issue, best to be the Oline vs any other position, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bengals WRs week 1:

AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core
Alex Erickson
Mario Alford

What has Alford done to "earn" a spot ?
Reply/Quote