Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "It" factor
I have been a Bengals fan for quite sometime and I have seen some really good teams and good players but never as many players on one team that have what I would consider the "It" factor.

I define "It" as: charisma, big-time play making ability, teamwork, self-control, intelligence, dedication....

My list in order:

Joe B. - the definition "it"self
Joe M. - not too far behind
Chase
Hendrickson
Boyd
Higgins
Hilton

There are others that are close but not there in my opinion.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:41 AM)M.W. Wrote: ...My list in order:

Chase
Hendrickson
Boyd
Higgins
Hilton

Thoughts?

YOU FORGOT UZOMAH!
Reply/Quote
I would put CJ Uzomah high on that list. He may not be making a whole lot of big time plays but his enthusiasm, locker room presence, and shear sense of fun helps to keep the team loose

Also on the list Sam Hubbard

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Chidobe Awuzie makes my list. I’m not sure how many of you have interacted with Nigerians on a regular basis but a stronger culture of family, education, and achievement you will not find on Planet Earth. Over the years I have worked with several Nigerian physicists and computer scientists and they were all exceedingly brilliant.

Chidobe’s addition to the Cincinnati Bengals has changed the secondary from leaky to water resistant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:55 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Chidobe Awuzie makes my list.  I’m not sure how many of you have interacted with Nigerians on a regular basis but a stronger culture of family, education, and achievement you will not find on Planet Earth. Over the years I have worked with several Nigerian physicists and computer scientists and they were all exceedingly brilliant.

Chidobe’s addition to the Cincinnati Bengals has changed the secondary from leaky to water resistant.

I'm currently helping one of their Prince's move some money around. Seems like a nice guy.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:41 AM)M.W. Wrote: I have been a Bengals fan for quite sometime and I have seen some really good teams and good players but never as many players on one team that have what I would consider the "It" factor.

I define "It" as: charisma, big-time play making ability, teamwork, self-control, intelligence, dedication....

My list in order:

Chase
Hendrickson
Boyd
Higgins
Hilton

Thoughts?
Wilson may get added there too at some point 
Reply/Quote
'88 team was pretty damn good, just sayin'....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I like our current team a lot. But it is kind of funny when people claim this current team is some how the best Bengal team ever.

Convenient that it is impossible to define "it". That way people can just claim anyone they want to has it.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like our current team a lot.  But it is kind of funny when people claim this current team is some how the best Bengal team ever.

Convenient that it is impossible to define "it".  That way people can just claim anyone they want to has it.

I don't think this is the best team ever by any stretch of the imagination however I do think it has more high quality character guys that I have seen at one time. I started watching in the mid 90s.
Reply/Quote
This team does seem to have "it". It's very much still a work in progress and I'm not so sure how far the "it" will carry them ?

I don't think we've seen the ceiling yet I guess is what I'm trying to say.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:44 AM)Tomkat Wrote: YOU FORGOT UZOMAH!

He was definitely an honorable mention type guy and certainly a great leader!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:31 PM)M.W. Wrote: I don't think this is the best team ever by any stretch of the imagination however I do think it has more high quality character guys that I have seen at one time. I started watching in the mid 90s.

Except we, as fans, don't have much of a clue about the character of the players at all.  As long as they don't get charged with crimes we have no idea if they are complete assholes or not.

Joe Mixon punched a girl in the face.  In 2015 Tyler Boyd got a DUI and in 2017 he wrecked his car with drugs and alcohol in his possession. Yet you think these guys have "high quality character" just because you like the way they play on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like our current team a lot.  But it is kind of funny when people claim this current team is some how the best Bengal team ever.

Convenient that it is impossible to define "it".  That way people can just claim anyone they want to has it.

He gave a framework for how the "it factor" is given meaning in his praise of the players.

I'm sticking with the '88 team as the best Bengals team, but I agree with the OP. This team has the it factor, moxie, swagger, and a whole lot of other descriptive words. That's my claim and it isn't kind of funny.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This team does seem to have "it". It's very much still a work in progress and I'm not so sure how far the "it" will carry them ?

I don't think we've seen the ceiling yet I guess is what I'm trying to say.

That's absolutely the unknown. How far can the "it" variable factor in to what it takes to win it all? Either way, fun season to watch unfold.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:44 AM)Tomkat Wrote: YOU FORGOT UZOMAH!

We all know that CJ takes a back seat when it come to Joe and ja'Marr:
[Image: nvxjfGzyQuzBWq3zhVtq7ZmPzywOpcSb1TuujSIR...tGwX9Q=s85]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm currently helping one of their Prince's move some money around. Seems like a nice guy.... Ninja

Thank you.

He is leaving me that money since he has no heirs.  He can't make the deposit into my account until you help him get it straight.  Stupid banks, just put the money into the routing numbers and accounts I gave him already! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except we, as fans, don't have much of a clue about the character of the players at all.  As long as they don't get charged with crimes we have no idea if they are complete assholes or not.

Joe Mixon punched a girl in the face.  In 2015 Tyler Boyd got a DUI and in 2017 he wrecked his car with drugs and alcohol in his possession. Yet you think these guys have "high quality character" just because you like the way they play on the field.

Not true at all. I loved the way Pacman played=Not "high quality" character. I loved the way Rey Maualuga played in his early days=Not "High Quality Character. I loved the way Chris Henry played= Not "high quality character" The list goes on and on.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not true at all. I loved the way Pacman played=Not "high quality" character. I loved the way Rey Maualuga played in his early days=Not "High Quality Character. I loved the way Chris Henry played= Not "high quality character" The list goes on and on.

So you are agreeing with me that Mixon and Boyd are not "high quality character" guys?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are agreeing with me that Mixon and Boyd are not "high quality character" guys?

Well I know of a female in Oklahoma that may have issue with Mixon
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote