Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
Way too early to tell. Keep in mind he didn't even play last year so getting back up to speed might take some time. But I will say this. It seems there are some here that are kind of wishing Chase isn't great and Carman is a bust just so they can say, "I told you so." Personally as a fan now that the draft is over and we have what we have, I hope they both end up great players as well as all the other players drafted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(08-09-2021, 06:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Can we let the guy play some real games before we speculate?

X2

It's way to early to regret any pick.
(08-09-2021, 06:37 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Way too early to tell. Keep in mind he didn't even play last year so getting back up to speed might take some time.   But I will say this.  It seems there are some here that are kind of wishing Chase isn't great and Carman is a bust just so they can say, "I told you so."    Personally as a fan now that the draft is over and we have what we have,  I hope they both end up great players as well as all the other players drafted.

I don't know about ppl hoping they fail. All we can do right now is speculate and with the news not being good/great its fair to wonder but time will tell. I remember when we drafted Boyd I didn't know much about him and I looked up highlights and I wasn't very impressed almost all of his catches were contested and if he wasn't getting separation at Pitt how was he going to get it in the NFL and his 1st 2 years did nothing but prove me right. But now he's probably my favorite player and I couldn't be happier that he proved me wrong.
(08-09-2021, 05:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee Higgins wasn’t even a starter week one last year, and look how good he ended up being as the season went on.

I think Chase will be fine, but Higgins was a 2nd round pick.

Also Higgins not starting Week 1 says more about Zac Taylor than it did Tee Higgins. This is the same guy who started Damion Willis for 2 weeks to start the season. 

This thread needs to pretty much just be frozen and thawed out after the season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I don’t post much, but I wanted to share what I have seen on Chase. I have been to a couple training camps and I thought Chase done really well. I’m not sure why there was not more positive news about Chase on those days. For example: On Sunday they were doing 1on1 from around the 10 and it was wrote about 3-4 guys catching td’s, but not Chase. Not sure why? He had 2 chances against Chido and scored both times. Both were great routes and great passes by Burrow. All you heard about was the 1 drop he had. The other practice he had 2-3 nice catches no drops, but hardly anything about it. So, I believe Chase will be fine & will only keep getting better from here on out. Like many have said, he hasn’t played in over a year. Also, we don’t need him necessarily to come out & be wr1. We have Tee & Boyd to help cover that right now. Tee looks like a monster out there!
(08-09-2021, 07:04 PM)BengalsJA Wrote: I don’t post much, but I wanted to share what I have seen on Chase. I have been to a couple training camps and I thought Chase done really well. I’m not sure why there was not more positive news about Chase on those days. For example: On Sunday they were doing 1on1 from around the 10 and it was wrote about 3-4 guys catching td’s, but not Chase. Not sure why? He had 2 chances against Chido and scored both times. Both were great routes and great passes by Burrow. All you heard about was the 1 drop he had. The other practice he had 2-3 nice catches no drops, but hardly anything about it. So, I believe Chase will be fine & will only keep getting better from here on out. Like many have said, he hasn’t played in over a year. Also, we don’t need him necessarily to come out & be wr1. We have Tee & Boyd to help cover that right now. Tee looks like a monster out there!
How does he look in person? Does he look the part of a top 5 pick and future game breaker?
Isn't Penei not really impressing yet with the Lions? I thought I heard that. Of course they'll both get better. A new scheme and surroundings take some adjusting to.

Heck I sort of like hearing a player is struggling early/in camp. I think that gets them more focused and working harder. If you're going to have a time where you struggle, now is the best time.

Sad 
This depends on the run game taking shape. The best friend a rookie wide receiver can have is a solid run game to distract the opposing defense. If a defense knows the Bengals are going to do nothing but pass they’ll sit there in nickel or dime coverage, rush the quarterback, and watch the incompletions and interceptions happen all day.

If the defense knows the Bengals have an effective rushing attack then care must be taken to set edges, shoot gaps, and keep the running play from gashing the defense for many yards. When this happens the pass defense suffers somewhat. Let’s keep that defense guessing!
Not a great start for Chase, but does anyone feel like Dehner has a bit extra pessimism this year? Every tweet I see from the guy sounds like the end of the world.
(08-09-2021, 07:26 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: How does he look in person? Does he look the part of a top 5 pick and future game breaker?

To me he seems to have good size & I think he looks pretty quick. I believe he looks like a future star. He has gotten open several times & sometimes the pass might be a little off, miss communication, or he just has dropped it. I think all that stuff will get worked out in time. I just think people put to high of expectations on players at times. It might take him a little bit to get going all the way, but he has time to get there. Also, on a different note the cornerbacks do seem to really be playing well and not just against him, but everyone.
A little food for thought.
Rookie NFL players up until their rookie year
Were obviously either the 1st or 2nd best player
On their muni team, jr high team, varsity and college
Teams. When they get to the pros its the elite
Of the elite.
Jamar Chase for the 1st time is facing competition
At his position. He is lining up against CBs that are seasoned
Who are required to study their opponent inside and out

Jamar welcome.to.the NFL where you have to earn
Your PT.
Intresting enough, this is similar to John Ross situation
Ross came into a WR room with a already established
Number 1 and 2 WRs.
Chase is struggling. It's part of the NFL maturation
Process. he can.only overcome the struggles with work ethic
And a willingness to learn his position
(08-09-2021, 05:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This thread = [Image: tenor.gif]

Allen Iverson just showed up too... We talkin' bout practice. Not a game... Not a game. We talkin' bout practice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Like Chase and believe he will be fine when its all said and done.

He took last season off in college, plus is still a greenhorn in this league. Believe he just needs to get the adrenaline flowing in gamester it to kick it back in.

That being said we may very well regret this pick if O-line sux and #9 gets hurt again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(08-09-2021, 08:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Like Chase and believe he will be fine when its all said and done.

He took last season off in college, plus is still a greenhorn in this league. Believe he just needs to get the adrenaline flowing in gamester it to kick it back in.

That being said we may very well regret this pick if O-line sux and #9 gets hurt again.

Why can’t we just regret not taking someone else in the 2nd? Or more importantly not doing more in FA? Why does EVERYTHING hinge on a single draft pick?

(08-09-2021, 05:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Aside from the Sewell/Chase debate.

More bad press on a top pick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/09/should-the-jamarr-chase-expectations-be-tempered/

This after Hobsin mentioned the struggles.

Will we have another Burrow/Herbert situation on our hands this season with Chase/Waddle (who has had a great camp)? Even if wideout was the right pick, is the bad press coming from all camps even the home page an alarming sign?

It's still early to panic, but admittedly this has been a rough start for our top 2 picks, and the reviews haven't been what we all would have hoped.

No, both picks will come around. The Secondary is just playing great while the Offense is installing the Playbook and all this 
does is breed great competition. Happy with everything I am hearing, Chase will work on the jugs machine and get the drops 
cleaned up. He has great hands. These are none issues with both Chase and Carman IMO.
(08-09-2021, 07:27 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Isn't Penei not really impressing yet with the Lions? I thought I heard that. Of course they'll both get better. A new scheme and surroundings take some adjusting to.

Heck I sort of like hearing a player is struggling early/in camp. I think that gets them more focused and working harder. If you're going to have a time where you struggle, now is the best time.

Damn rights on all of this.
I think the only regrettin' going to be going on at the end of these season is some of these posts.
(08-09-2021, 07:04 PM)BengalsJA Wrote: I don’t post much, but I wanted to share what I have seen on Chase. I have been to a couple training camps and I thought Chase done really well. I’m not sure why there was not more positive news about Chase on those days. For example: On Sunday they were doing 1on1 from around the 10 and it was wrote about 3-4 guys catching td’s, but not Chase. Not sure why? He had 2 chances against Chido and scored both times. Both were great routes and great passes by Burrow. All you heard about was the 1 drop he had. The other practice he had 2-3 nice catches no drops, but hardly anything about it. So, I believe Chase will be fine & will only keep getting better from here on out. Like many have said, he hasn’t played in over a year. Also, we don’t need him necessarily to come out & be wr1. We have Tee & Boyd to help cover that right now. Tee looks like a monster out there!

(08-09-2021, 07:59 PM)BengalsJA Wrote: To me he seems to have good size & I think he looks pretty quick. I believe he looks like a future star. He has gotten open several times & sometimes the pass might be a little off, miss communication, or he just has dropped it. I think all that stuff will get worked out in time. I just think people put to high of expectations on players at times. It might take him a little bit to get going all the way, but he has time to get there. Also, on a different note the cornerbacks do seem to really be playing well and not just against him, but everyone.

Thanks for this and welcome to the Boards. Rock On
(08-09-2021, 08:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the only regrettin' going to be going on at the end of these season is some of these posts.

This...

AJ Brown and DK Metcalf didn't start their rookie seasons on fire either. Look at them now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-09-2021, 08:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the only regrettin' going to be going on at the end of these season is some of these posts.

This thread definitely has high potential of not aging very well…

I mean, I understand it’s just sharing what someone else put out there, but did it need to be titled like that? Did it even need its own thread at all? Or could that tweet have been put in the TC news, pics, updates, thread that already exists. But sadly some people are just way too eager to get to the keyboard with shit like this.