Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(12-14-2021, 02:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: You would have more of a point if Chase's individual success was coming at the expense of team success.  

However, as has pointed out numerous times by other posters, when Chase doesn't have success, the Bengals don't have success.

Beyond that, he's a great young player that will help the team be more successful in years to come.  People should be happy for him.

Well when you're targeting a guy 7+ times per game and he only has a 51% catch rate on 5.3 yards/target with numerous drops and a couple fumbles (looking at Chase's previous 5 games), it stands to reason that it will hurt the team's chances of winning.

You can't use our recent losing ways as proof that we live or die by Chase having big games. It's not like he's just not having big games, he was actively contributing to our losses by being terrible, frankly.

Glad he rebounded yesterday though, and wish we would've kept throwing in OT.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(12-14-2021, 03:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well when you're targeting a guy 7+ times per game and he only has a 51% catch rate on 5.3 yards/target with numerous drops and a couple fumbles (looking at Chase's previous 5 games), it stands to reason that it will hurt the team's chances of winning.

You can't use our recent losing ways as proof that we live or die by Chase having big games. It's not like he's just not having big games, he was actively contributing to our losses by being terrible, frankly.

Glad he rebounded yesterday though, and wish we would've kept throwing in OT.

If Chase played like he has over the 2-4 stretch at the start of the season we'd all be calling him a bust.  Fortunately he started the season on fire and we all know what he can do.  

I hope he finds his form again.
(12-17-2021, 12:34 PM)motoarch Wrote: If Chase played like he has over the 2-4 stretch at the start of the season we'd all be calling him a bust.  Fortunately he started the season on fire and we all know what he can do.  

I’d say 77 yards and 2 TD’s qualifies…

That 4th quarter against SF was the Joe & Ja’Marr show.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(12-17-2021, 12:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say 77 yards and 2 TD’s qualifies…

That 4th quarter against SF was the Joe & Ja’Marr show.

You're right.  Let's hope that wasn't an anomaly and he's back for real.
I still want to see Joe hit Jamarr from his own end zone for a TD.
(12-17-2021, 01:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: I still want to see Joe hit Jamarr from his own end zone for a TD.

I wanna see Ja'Marr throw a TD to Burrow....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(12-17-2021, 03:19 PM)jason Wrote: I wanna see Ja'Marr throw a TD to Burrow....

Then I wanna see Burrow's take on the Griddy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(12-17-2021, 03:19 PM)jason Wrote: I wanna see Ja'Marr throw a TD to Burrow....

I want to see Chase run it from end zone to end zone. Ha!
(12-17-2021, 12:34 PM)motoarch Wrote: If Chase played like he has over the 2-4 stretch at the start of the season we'd all be calling him a bust.  Fortunately he started the season on fire and we all know what he can do.  

People are just strange with this selective games stuff.  Last year, people were saying "If you only look at these certain games, Higgins would be on pace for 1000 yards".  This year, Chase sucks "if you only look at these certain games."
(12-17-2021, 04:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: People are just strange with this selective games stuff.  Last year, people were saying "If you only look at these certain games, Higgins would be on pace for 1000 yards".  This year, Chase sucks "if you only look at these certain games."

Remember the one year people were saying if you don't count this this this and this game Geno doesn't have any sacks?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(12-17-2021, 04:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: People are just strange with this selective games stuff.  Last year, people were saying "If you only look at these certain games, Higgins would be on pace for 1000 yards".  This year, Chase sucks "if you only look at these certain games."

Hard to use the ol' cherry picking argument when it was 5 games in a row.

Are you honestly going to pretend Chase didn't have himself a slump?

I get it. Play me as the hater for pointing out the slump. Tactics like this make the boards hard to tolerate at times.

No one said "Chase sucks".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
1) Chase started the year hot.
2) Chase had a slump.
3) Chase is having good games.

He's a great talent. Go Bengals and bring on the next Chase topic of conversation.
If Chase had any real talent and the balls to back it up, he'd be guaranteeing a Bengals victory over the KC Chiefs. The same way the legendary Chad Johnson did in 2003. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Crazy how similar Chase's first 13 games are to AJ Green's:

Green: 61-1006-7 (16.5 YPC)
Chase: 60-1035-10 (17.3 YPC)

Chad's first 13 starts were a bit slower:

Chad: 52-819-4 (15.2 YPC)

That said, Chad had to earn his way to get targets as a 2nd round pick, and his QB play was often terrible. For example, in one of his starts, Akili targeted him 10 times without a single completion.

If you only look at Chad's first 13 starts with Jon Kitna, it's nearly identical to Green and Chase (in catches and yards at least):

Chad w/ Kitna: 61-1004-4 (16.5 YPC)

Great company for Chase. I think it's safe to say he's our next star WR.
Mac Jones, OROY?

I...don't think so. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-18-2021, 11:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mac Jones, OROY?

I...don't think so. 

You see that Buffalo game? Those were ELITE handoffs!

Watching some of the Pats game and Mac Jones giving Chase a shot at that ROY. Just threw an int and Jones only averages about 5 yards a throw. Even with the slump and Jones being a QB I think it’s a joke that he’s become a heavy favorite to win the award.
He is a game manager who’s playing for the GOAT coach. He won’t lose you many games but he isn’t going to win any for you either

Chase needs to finish strong and i think he can win it (especially if the Bengals pull their heads out of their asses and make the playoffs)
(12-18-2021, 03:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Crazy how similar Chase's first 13 games are to AJ Green's:

Green: 61-1006-7 (16.5 YPC)
Chase: 60-1035-10 (17.3 YPC)

Chad's first 13 starts were a bit slower:

Chad: 52-819-4 (15.2 YPC)

That said, Chad had to earn his way to get targets as a 2nd round pick, and his QB play was often terrible. For example, in one of his starts, Akili targeted him 10 times without a single completion.

If you only look at Chad's first 13 starts with Jon Kitna, it's nearly identical to Green and Chase (in catches and yards at least):

Chad w/ Kitna: 61-1004-4 (16.5 YPC)

Great company for Chase. I think it's safe to say he's our next star WR.

Bengals fans have been spoiled by great wide receiver play.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(12-18-2021, 02:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Chase had any real talent and the balls to back it up, he'd be guaranteeing a Bengals victory over the KC Chiefs. The same way the legendary Chad Johnson did in 2003. Ninja

By the time Ja'Marr Chase is in his 3rd season, some loudmouth young receiver will make the guarantee that his team will beat the undefeated Bengals... That young punk will be wrong.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(12-18-2021, 11:25 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Watching some of the Pats game and Mac Jones giving Chase a shot at that ROY. Just threw an int and Jones only averages about 5 yards a throw. Even with the slump and Jones being a QB I think it’s a joke that he’s become a heavy favorite to win the award.
He is a game manager who’s playing for the GOAT coach. He won’t lose you many games but he isn’t going to win any for you either

Chase needs to finish strong and i think he can win it (especially if the Bengals pull their heads out of their asses and make the playoffs)

Mac Jone and Chase both left the door open for someone else to make a case with lackluster games this week.

The absolute horror, if somehow pitt sneaks into the postseason which immediately gives the award people a giant woody for Harris and bam... he gets the award.  Sick

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]