Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jets don't play much Cover 2
I read that they only have played Cover 2 on like 1% of their defensive plays under Saleh.

So, it will be interesting to see if they install that specifically for us. Or if they just go with their normal defense.
Reply/Quote
Seems like it would be difficult to play on a regular basis if you rarely play it. But until the Bengals show they can beat it, I would certainly give it a shot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jets first two games of the season were against the Ravens and Browns. It doesnt surprise me they played with a heavy box. They will have a cover 2 package for the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
They play Cover 2 13% of the time, but I expect they will use it a lot more against us.
Reply/Quote
And the Jets beat the Browns in a thriller last week. After watching the Browns last night they look pretty solid. The old "any given Sunday" always applies. The Bengals have their work cut out for them. They need a win in the worst way Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I could see them leaving Sauce 1-on-1 with Chase.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I could see them leaving Sauce 1-on-1 with Chase.

and if Sauce shuts him down, let's hope the OL gives Burrow time to go through the progressions and that Burrow makes the right choices.
Reply/Quote
They will do it, it may only be something like Green 2 (Cover 2 sink) in long down and distance situations. We need to get the running going out of shotgun and add some RPO's behind it to hold the edge defenders from helping in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 11:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and if Sauce shuts him down, let's hope the OL gives Burrow time to go through the progressions and that Burrow makes the right choices.

As good as Sauce is the game plan should be more geared towards Tee and Boyd anyway.

Reply/Quote
"Cover 2" is not a new or rare scheme. It is not that complicated. Every team we face will have it in their playbook.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "Cover 2" is not a new or rare scheme.  It is not that complicated.  Every team we face will have it in their playbook.

There are a lot of variations, this is an over simplification of it. Teams that don't normally play it will have issues in check situations, for instance how they play stacks or bunches. The Bengals should specifically keep stack and bunch formations in the playbook with this in mind as the easiest way to beat it will be busted coverages. 
Reply/Quote
Tampa 2 and overload one side. They will do it until they stop it
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I could see them leaving Sauce 1-on-1 with Chase.

If they do that, Sauce is gonna have a bad day. He's over-rated...
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:20 PM)Tony Wrote: If they do that, Sauce is gonna have a bad day. He's over-rated...

Ok LOL

Reply/Quote
Doesn't mean they can't, and if they watch film (they do), they'll understand the problems that the Bengals have beating it. There's no way out of this funk without solving this relatively common scheme.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 11:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: They will do it, it may only be something like Green 2 (Cover 2 sink) in long down and distance situations. We need to get the running going out of shotgun and add some RPO's behind it to hold the edge defenders from helping in the run game.

Yes please ! I don't know what the stats are? But it seems we've ran very little out of the shotgun.

And in general, I believe getting the running game going will work wonders for all the other issues.
Reply/Quote
It seems like a vicious circle with Zac's offense. Get the run game going and it will open up the pass game. Get the pass game going and it will open up the run game but Zac's offense can't seem to get the 2 going together.
Reply/Quote
They watch film, they will roll it out this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: There are a lot of variations, this is an over simplification of it. Teams that don't normally play it will have issues in check situations, for instance how they play stacks or bunches. The Bengals should specifically keep stack and bunch formations in the playbook with this in mind as the easiest way to beat it will be busted coverages. 

With teams that dont normally play it we should see Chase at the slot a ton.  A fast #3 receiver can cause a lot of issues for the cover 2

Reply/Quote
Don’t worry they’ll become masters of it just for us until we stop it
-Housh
Reply/Quote