Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The John Ross Dichotomy
Ross isn’t at practice today and has no injury designation, smells like a trade...
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 10:06 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Don't forget that terrible fumble he had.

But he's one a Zach's guys, so he's always going to keep his spot.  God forbid we activated Ross and Tate, and deactivated him.

Ageed, but I was speaking of the FANS.  I thought they would have killed Ross.  Thomas has done way less than Ross in the NFL, offers less, and made huge mistakes, and there is nothing.  I will never understand the absolute hatred for Ross.  I am guessing it has something to do with who was drafted at #10 that year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 09:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m completely ready to move on from him after this season, but I’d honestly rather see him out there over Thomas at this point. There’s a least some chance for a big play with Ross. Thomas brings pretty much nothing.

Usually agree with you but not here Nicomo. Thomas is a good blocker, made a great crack block on a LB on the Boyd sweep 
last game and does all the little things that I see no one notices. I know he dropped a ball but so would Ross it seems. Ross 
isn't even in it anymore as he wants to be traded. No point in putting in players that don't want to play for the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 09:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m completely ready to move on from him after this season, but I’d honestly rather see him out there over Thomas at this point. There’s a least some chance for a big play with Ross. Thomas brings pretty much nothing.

This.  And what some of the others said.  Other teams have figured out how to maximize the value of speedsters with liabilities.  And they just have not given the guy a lot of consecutive snaps.  When they have he's demonstrated that he has value.

I'm as frustrated with his apparent mental, hands and competitive issues.  The whole cluelessness about his game is just infuriating.  I think the team that plays him through his rough edges will not get a #1 or #2 receiver, but a dangerous 3 or 4 guy that defenses have to deal with - especiall in the red zone.

Give him enough consecutive snaps to allow him to develop some sort of feel for the darn game, and stop being surprised when he makes dumb ass mistakes and drops.

We ain't got much to lose at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 02:25 PM)3wt Wrote: This.  And what some of the others said.  Other teams have figured out how to maximize the value of speedsters with liabilities.  And they just have not given the guy a lot of consecutive snaps.  When they have he's demonstrated that he has value.

I'm as frustrated with his apparent mental, hands and competitive issues.  The whole cluelessness about his game is just infuriating.  I think the team that plays him through his rough edges will not get a #1 or #2 receiver, but a dangerous 3 or 4 guy that defenses have to deal with - especiall in the red zone.

Give him enough consecutive snaps to allow him to develop some sort of feel for the darn game, and stop being surprised when he makes dumb ass mistakes and drops.

We ain't got much to lose at this point.

Except games. Ross doesn't even want to be on this team.

Wouldn't surprise me if he fell on routes and caused interceptions that wouldn't be Burrow's fault that led to losing games.

I just don't trust the guy after the guy wanted to be traded.

Thomas is a team player and blocks and doesn't give up on his routes.

This, coming from one of the biggest Ross supporters for years. No more, I am done.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Except games. Ross doesn't even want to be on this team.

Wouldn't surprise me if he fell on routes and caused interceptions that wouldn't be Burrow's fault that led to losing games.

I just don't trust the guy after the guy wanted to be traded.

Thomas is a team player and blocks and doesn't give up on his routes.

This, coming from one of the biggest Ross supporters for years. No more, I am done.

Not saying Ross should or shouldn't play, but if we benched every WR that requested a trade, we'd have 4 active on game day.

I doubt he would purposefully cause issues on field because he is playing for a contract and actually hasn't gone public with his demands.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:23 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I'm not sure if I want to see someone with his hands and tendency to fumble back there receiving punts to be honest.

There's got to be at least one GM out there seduced by his speed and untapped promise. It's a shame Al Davis isn't still around.

You have a point.

Al Davis loved getting players who flashed in the pan. I remember he would go after Super Bowl stars, who didn't do a lot before or after the big game. 
Reply/Quote
I just don't understand what he did wrong in this particular season to warrant getting benched. He played in the opener where our O-line got dominated. He was overthrown on one deep ball, bobbled one catch, and made a good catch on our final drive.

I know its been 4 years but as far is this 2020 season goes; he wasn't even given a chance.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 05:56 AM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I just don't understand what he did wrong in this particular season to warrant getting benched. He played in the opener where our O-line got dominated. He was overthrown on one deep ball, bobbled one catch, and made a good catch on our final drive.

I know its been 4 years but as far is this 2020 season goes; he wasn't even given a chance.

Thats not true when he was in there, he would half ass routes not thinking he was getting the ball and when he did get it thrown to him he was surprised and didn't catch it.  I forgot what game it was but he looked like he was high out there...
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 06:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Not saying Ross should or shouldn't play, but if we benched every WR that requested a trade, we'd have 4 active on game day.

I doubt he would purposefully cause issues on field because he is playing for a contract and actually hasn't gone public with his demands.

What other Receiver requested a trade again?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What other Receiver requested a trade again?

He’s talking about Tate’s agent.

Reply/Quote