Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Joker
Played by Juaqin Phoenix.  Getting ready to watch the trailer.  Seen a few stills from shoots and I have to say i'm pretty excited for this movie.  Anyone else seen anything about the movie they like? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I unfortunately see more ways it can go wrong than right. I have my doubts about Joker being able to lead a film. Villains leading a film is a very tough task, and given DCs movies up to now it's tough to justify any confidence.

What irks me most is the complete lack of direction in the DC films. What happened to Leto's Joker? Are they all connected? Are they just shooting for stand alone films? I don't think that DC knows, and it seems like they're just throwing stuff and seeing what sticks.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 04:03 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I unfortunately see more ways it can go wrong than right. I have my doubts about Joker being able to lead a film. Villains leading a film is a very tough task, and given DCs movies up to now it's tough to justify any confidence.

What irks me most is the complete lack of direction in the DC films. What happened to Leto's Joker? Are they all connected? Are they just shooting for stand alone films? I don't think that DC knows, and it seems like they're just throwing stuff and seeing what sticks.

It's the Benjamin Button joker. He starts out young a couple years ago, then ages his way into his past. Or something.

But yeah your thoughts are pretty much mine here. Hard to pull off, lot that can go wrong and 0 continuity. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like a sad story of a guy that got knocked around a lot and although he tried to stay positive, life beat him until he snapped. Unlike the Batman movie joker, this one may have some rooting for revenge and supporting the villain. It’s kinda weird, but my wife and I watched the series Lucifer on Netflix (against our best wishes, but son wanted to watch and we we’re hooked). Many times you found yourself having “Sympathy for the Devil” (pun intended). Kinda the same thought when I saw this trailer.

Reply/Quote
Damn, I thought this was a Steve Miller Band thread...
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 09:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Damn, I thought this was a Steve Miller Band thread...

Calm down midnight toker. “I SAID CALM DOWN!” You’ll get your lovin’ on the run.

Damn space cowboys! Smirk

Reply/Quote