Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(06-30-2015, 03:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Or the bacon wrapped around the shellfish!

You can't even have a cheeseburger.
(06-30-2015, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't even have a cheeseburger.

Reason #3
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-30-2015, 03:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Can you explain how someone can be opposed to abortion based upon religious beliefs, but believe you get a pass for killing if you're a soldier?

Why does it have to be a religious belief? Why can't you just as a compassionate human being think it is wrong to kill another living being that just needs to incubate a while longer to become a child? And all the justification required is the mother wanted to do it.

I think Johnny posted some numbers earlier in the thread that Abortion is not split down lines of religious beliefs as much as it is lines of political beliefs.

As to the other part: It falls more in line with innocence and the desire to kill you. If a combatant surrenders they should not be killed by another combatant.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-30-2015, 03:54 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I don't know who this Scott is, but if he's doing BBQ, and it's off limits, make this reason # 2.

Hemingway, SC

Andrew Zimmern said it was the best BBQ he ever tasted. I was planning a pilgrimage a couple years ago. If you heard an unexplained blood, curdling scream around Thanksgiving 2013, that was me after reading they were temporarily closed for repairs after a roof fire.
(06-30-2015, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why does it have to be a religious belief? Why can't you just as a compassionate human being think it is wrong to kill another living being that just needs to incubate a while longer to become a child? And all the justification required is the mother wanted to do it.

I think Johnny posted some numbers earlier in the thread that Abortion is not split down lines of religious beliefs as much as it is lines of political beliefs.

As to the other part: It falls more in line with innocence and the desire to kill you. If a combatant surrenders they should not be killed by another combatant.

It doesn't have to be a religious belief, do compassionate people blow up abortion clinics?  If the lines are split along party lines, what are the religious demographics of the parties?

I asked for an explanation for killing combatants, not non combatants.
(06-30-2015, 04:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: do compassionate people blow up abortion clinics?

I asked for an explanation for killing combatants, not non combatants.

When was the last time an abortion clinic was bombed in the U.S.?

Didn't I answer that by stating their desire to kill You?

(06-30-2015, 04:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hemingway, SC

Andrew Zimmern said it was the best BBQ he ever tasted. I was planning a pilgrimage a couple years ago. If you heard an unexplained blood, curdling scream around Thanksgiving 2013, that was me after reading they were temporarily closed for repairs after a roof fire.

Good god I just looked at the map.  There is no good way to get there.  But I love BBQ.........I guess I'm going.

(06-30-2015, 04:33 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Good god I just looked at the map.  There is no good way to get there.  But I love BBQ.........I guess I'm going.

When you google the town, a picture of Scott's barbecue comes up. I'm guessing that about all it's known for?
(06-30-2015, 04:41 PM)Benton Wrote: When you google the town, a picture of Scott's barbecue comes up. I'm guessing that about all it's known for?

Goes to show just how much you don't know....

Quote:Hemingway is known for the Bar-B-Q Shag Festival held in the spring of each year. This features a cookoff of low country style pork barbecue, and dancing of the official state dance - the Shag.

(06-30-2015, 04:52 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Goes to show just how much you don't know....

I'm guessing both the rooms for rent are booked up in advance for that?
(06-30-2015, 04:33 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Good god I just looked at the map.  There is no good way to get there.  But I love BBQ.........I guess I'm going.

I know, but if Zimmern says it's the best he has tasted I gotta try it.
(06-30-2015, 04:52 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Goes to show just how much you don't know....

BBQ and shagging?

So what you call "Tuesday" @ the SCS household.
(06-30-2015, 05:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: BBQ and shagging?

So what you call "Tuesday" @ the SCS household.

Tuesday through Monday..... ThumbsUp

(06-30-2015, 04:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hemingway, SC

Sounds like a friggin' plan. My reasons numbered 1-527 for not being Jewish are all pork related. If I was a tattoo having person I'd have a pig on my body. I am a bit of a foodie and love to cook and pork is my meat of choice. I'm actually expecting a delivery today of three books that are pork-centric.

If anyone was wondering why I am a fatass, let your questions be answered. LOL
(06-30-2015, 03:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Can you explain how someone can be opposed to abortion based upon religious beliefs, but believe you get a pass for killing if you're a soldier?

Seriously? The Bible has no qualms about killing enemy soldiers during a time of war.

Heck, there was a time some soldiers came to John the Baptist to be baptized. After they were baptized, they asked John what they were to do next. Did he tell them to stop being soldiers? Nope. He said, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely--be content with your pay." (Luke 3:14)
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-01-2015, 12:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Seriously? The Bible has no qualms about killing enemy soldiers during a time of war.

Heck, there was a time some soldiers came to John the Baptist to be baptized. After they were baptized, they asked John what they were to do next. Did he tell them to stop being soldiers? Nope. He said, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely--be content with your pay." (Luke 3:14)

Yes, but isn't war a very man-made concept?  I realize there are situations where our perception of a higher power may find killing acceptable or defensible, but were I a believer I'm not sure I'd feel like I was 100% safe because any killing I did was under the guidance of a governing body, alone.

"Truman/Bush/Obama etc. says I have to bomb a city, so Jesus is ok with this by proxy because, you know...war."
(07-01-2015, 12:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Seriously? The Bible has no qualms about killing enemy soldiers during a time of war.

Yes, seriously. Why is killing a combatant okay, but abortion isn't?

Doesn't seem like you are morally opposed to the idea of killing. In fact, it seems as if it is morally acceptable for soldiers to kill. Why is killing morally acceptable under certain conditions and unacceptable under other conditions?
(07-01-2015, 12:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, but isn't war a very man-made concept?  I realize there are situations where our perception of a higher power may find killing acceptable or defensible, but were I a believer I'm not sure I'd feel like I was 100% safe because any killing I did was under the guidance of a governing body, alone.

"Truman/Bush/Obama etc. says I have to bomb a city, so Jesus is ok with this by proxy because, you know...war."
We killed a lot of MFers while I was in Iraq searching for WMDs. Why do we get a pass for killing our "enemy" over a damn lie?
(07-01-2015, 12:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We killed a lot of MFers while I was in Iraq searching for WMDs. Why do we get a pass for killing our "enemy" over a damn lie?

That does seem like a gray area.  I'd have a hard time peddling a case to Jesus that it was ok that I went to a country killed people because the guys we sort of elected told us to go there because of something something.  Seeing as I'm cynical enough to attribute almost every war to the pursuit of sweet lucre, I just don't have faith that membership in a man-appointed army and carrying out the orders of men makes it as god-sanctioned as we may wish.
(07-01-2015, 12:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We killed a lot of MFers while I was in Iraq searching for WMDs. Why do we get a pass for killing our "enemy" over a damn lie?

Were you instructed to go over there and arbitrarily start killing people or were you given Rules of Engagement that including only firing if threatened?

I know it was my experience to follow very strict Rules of Engagement and to take every measure to reduce collateral damage.

But to answer your question only you and God know the malice that was in your heart when you “killed a lot of people.” And he is the only one that can give you the answer you seek. No one on this Message Board can; we can share with you our believes as they have been taught and we understand.