Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lady That Saved My Life Is Coming To My Presentation.......
TOMORROW!

I'm presenting at Saint Ursula in Cincinnati tomorrow and the teacher gave me permission to invite the lady who climbed in the backseat and saved my life as I was choking to death!

I would randomly cry a few times a day for the first few weeks after I met her and I would cry at all my presentations since I added what she told me about what happened (yesterday was the first time I didn't cry in a presentation), so I'm hoping that I can at least hold it together and function enough to answer questions with her there!

Normally, a few students have cried, so I have a feeling that a lot of students will cry since this is an all-girls school, so I'm just hoping that this doesn't trigger me to cry.

Honestly, I just want her to be proud that she saved my life and that she feels like I'm worthy of the life she saved.

This could be the most important presentation that I've ever given, so please wish me luck.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 09:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Break a leg, Brad.

Or blow a tire.

Whatever you cripples say

What an asshole thing to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 09:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_a_leg

"Break a leg" is an idiom in theatre used to wish a performer "good luck" in an ironic way. Well-wishers typically say "Break a leg" to actors and musicians before they go on stage to perform.

I know what break a leg means. The rest was uncalled for.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 10:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was a cripple joke.  Ninety percent of Brad's posts have self-deprecating cripple jokes in them.  He has no problem with them.

Brad can joke about himself all he wants. Given you and Brad go round and round with each other your comment comes across in poor taste.

Keep defending yourself, denial isn’t just a river in Egypt

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 10:13 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Brad can joke about himself all he wants.  Given you and Brad go round and round with each other your comment comes across in poor taste.  

Keep defending yourself, denial isn’t just a river in Egypt

In typical Fred fashion, he exaggerates or flat-out lies because my posts usually aren't self-deprecating, as calling myself crippled is more empowering than self-deprecating.  I don't think I'm really self-deprecating too much at all.

Even if I were, it's far from ninety percent.   I did a quick browse through my last 20 posts and didn't find one mention of the word cripple or really any joke about my conditions.

Like I said, though, that's typical.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2019, 11:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In typical Fred fashion, he exaggerates or flat-out lies because my posts usually aren't self-deprecating, as calling myself crippled is more empowering than self-deprecating.  I don't think I'm really self-deprecating too much at all.

Even if I were, it's far from ninety percent.   I did a quick browse through my last 20 posts and didn't find one mention of the word cripple or really any joke about my conditions.

Like I said, though, that's typical.

Sorry, Brad.  I did not understand the rules.  I thought since you made cripple jokes we could too.  I was just trying to wish you good luck.

So how did it go?  was there lots of crying?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, Brad.  I did not understand the rules.  I thought since you made cripple jokes we could too.  I was just trying to wish you good luck.

So how did it go?  was there lots of crying?

Anyone can make crippled jokes, but it's not self-deprecating of me, and, like BenZoo said, given the history, it was just poor taste.

Anyways, it went amazing.  The lady was crying, which made me start crying, the teacher was crying, every girl in the class was crying (it was an all-girls school, so it was a tornado of emotions in the room).

The lady answered some questions and it helped me a lot.

Afterwards, she hugged me like she was my mom and I was going off to war, so I'm pretty sure it had a big impact on her too.
Reply/Quote
Sup Fritz.

I have been a member for a long time but I don’t post much.

I saw your thread about the stem cell treatment strategy in Bangkok and then London.

The thread closed. Why?

Would love to see hear some good news on how things went for you??

Any updates?

Thanks buddy Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 07:24 AM)Whacked Wrote: Sup Fritz.

I have been a member for a long time but I don’t post much.

I saw your thread about the stem cell treatment strategy in Bangkok and then London.

The thread closed. Why?

Would love to see hear some good news on how things went for you??

Any updates?

Thanks buddy Wink

I was originally supposed to be in a trial in the states but I was disqualified because I'm missing too much of my brain in too many difference places........  go figure.  So that's why that one was closed.

Then was the treatments in other countries.

I posted another thread a while back explaining that I was holding off on any stem cell treatments because it's still being worked on.

Basically, right now, they're just inserting the stem cells in the brain with no real structure, which some are taking and taking form in the brain, but some are dying because they were inserting them with any organization, and dying meant that they just became dead material and were sometimes causing cancer.

Right now, they're working on inserting the stem cells in a way to match the brain's "framework" so they fit in the brain like they were there all along and then do the jobs of the parts of the brain that they're replacing.

Who knows if they'll ever get it working before I die, but it's a promising step.

Thanks for looking out brother!
Reply/Quote
Ahhh man. I was hoping to hear some positive results.

I’m sorry/disappointed to hear this.

From what I can tell you have an outstanding perspective on life so kudos to you B! Keep it up buddy.

Thanks for the update
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 12:28 PM)Whacked Wrote: Ahhh man. I was hoping to hear some positive results.

From what I can tell you have an outstanding perspective on life so kudos to you B! Keep it up buddy.

Thanks for the update

I love life as-is, so nothing lost!

I haven't even thought about it since the last time someone brought it up.

Maybe something will happen in the future but I'm not real worried about it because I'm just going to keep rocking life like I always have!

Thanks for the words brother!
Reply/Quote
Atta boy!!

Good stuff Wink

(05-30-2019, 12:28 PM)Whacked Wrote: Ahhh man. I was hoping to hear some positive results.

Thanks for the update
Reply/Quote