Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Offensive Play Of The Game Was A TERRIBLE Call
Its 3rd and two with over a minute left, plenty of time and a timeout and what do we do, go of the end zone? First off get the first down. We have time and be patient. We don't need to go for it all at that point, and more importantly give the Cards all that time left to score.

It ended horribly and it was another game that this team looked like shit in primetime. The stupid penalties missed assignments and blocks. If this is a prime time example of the playoffs....  0-5.
Reply/Quote
I loved the call, I hated the circumstances it was called during.

If it's 2nd and two, and you have that mismatch, take it all damn day.

When it's 3rd and two, hand the ball off. Gio had a whole and space beyond it, we could've still gotten 6 later with such a short field to go.
Reply/Quote
It just another episode of prime time bungles. Come playoffs look for another quick exit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 03:28 AM)Joelist Wrote: It just another episode of prime time bungles. Come playoffs look for another quick exit.

Depends on who and where.  I'd say at this rate it looks like we get a 1st round bye with the #2 seed (which may sort of count as a "win" in the playoffs) and then possibly face the Steelers in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 03:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Depends on who and where.  I'd say at this rate it looks like we get a 1st round bye with the #2 seed (which may sort of count as a "win" in the playoffs) and then possibly face the Steelers in Cincy.

Broncos will get the bye with the Pats of course, we'll have our usual one and done from there...

2 weeks in a row i didn't see a poised confident team playing. They will crumble again in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
Dalton made the right read but a terrible throw. If it's a better throw its a touchdown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 03:45 AM)GodFather Wrote: Broncos will get the bye with the Pats of course, we'll have our usual one and done from there...

2 weeks in a row i didn't see a poised confident team playing. They will crumble again in the playoffs. 

I'm one of the first aboard the pessimism train BUT I think our remaining schedule is far more favorable than the Broncos.  I realize we are in that "have shown we can lose any given game" mode, but the rest of our schedule is either super winnable OR against the Broncos in Cincy.  The Pats SHOULD be a loss for the Broncos (unless that is the ONE game the Pats lose this year), plus the rest of their schedule is harder than ours.  It just comes down to us vs. the first playoff team we face after our bye.

US
vs. Rams (4-6) 
at Browns (2-8) 
vs. Steelers (6-4) 
at 49ers (3-7) 
at Broncos (8-2) 
vs. Ravens (3-7)

THEM
vs. Patriots (9-0)
at Chargers (2-8)
vs. Raiders (4-6)
at Steelers (6-4)
vs. Bengals (8-2)
vs. Chargers (2-8)
Reply/Quote
I'm more worried about CRAPsburgh sneaking up on us than Denver.
Reply/Quote
Even if Gio couldn't have gotten the 1st, Arizona had no timeouts left. The time would have ticked down.

Lastly I think we were going to score a TD, but that's a big what-if game.

Hindsight bias is 20-20, but once again clock mismanagement in the end cost us the game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 08:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Even if Gio couldn't have gotten the 1st, Arizona had no timeouts left. The time would have ticked down.

Lastly I think we were going to score a TD, but that's a big what-if game.

Hindsight bias is 20-20, but once again clock mismanagement in the end cost us the game.

This!!!!  You HAVE to run the clock down as much as you can, especially when the other team is a good passing team.  You don't give them the time and opportunity to do what they did.  Stupid coaches.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
And Marvin didn't take ownership, he blamed Dalton's inaccurate throw. OK....that spells doom for the playoffs. Lap should take this question and lose his job over it if he really wants the Bengals to win, lol.

Instead, Marvin focused heat on Peko's penalty. Maybe internally he knows he and Hue made a booboo, that's all that matters lol.

If you want to play gutsy, you run for it twice on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2. You have to pull those situations off to win playoff games. But what would I know, I haven't seen a Bengals playoff win in as long as everyone else, lol.
Reply/Quote
Penalties and miscues notwithstanding......I don't think they looked like shit in PrimeTime. They took one of the best teams in the league to the wire in their house.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What really made it painful was that it was an easy first down if he'd handed it off.
Reply/Quote
If it worked, we'd be calling it genius.

Even still, I have always been told the Pylon is part of the end zone.

So getting one foot down and one standing on the pylon, to me, is a touchdown; at least, based on the rules that the NFL has been purportedly following for the past few years.

I find it odd that those rules changed when it comes to the Bengals winning.

That said, I agree that running with Gio would have been the better play call. He would have gotten the first down, you can then call a few pass plays, run the clock down and, if you didn't score the TD, kick the field goal and go into overtime with zeros on the clock.

But hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

I don't mind losing this game. I think the Cardinals are an extremely good team and they showed it last night. We'll rebound against the Rams and, most importantly, our 1pm games are back!

No more staying up until midnight on Thursdays, Mondays and Sundays!

By the time we kick off on Sunday, the 29th, it will have been 28 days since our last 1pm game.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my old Sunday routine of watching the game with my dad and brother and then hanging out until 8pm before going home for the night with my wife.

I hated having these primetime games ruining my plans for the week and they are finally, at long last, over.

I'm actually extremely excited for next week.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 09:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Penalties and miscues notwithstanding......I don't think they looked like shit in PrimeTime.  They took one of the best teams in the league to the wire in their house.
^^^^^
I agree with this, but that start 3rd quarter three straight TD'S was a back breaker. Sure wish Adam was out there.  Sad
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Agreed, with Adam Jones, I think we won that game. Are we sure Adam isn't out under a covered up concussion protocol? I know teams play weird stuff with the injury reports, but I think he was concussed in the TEX game and it was hidden.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 10:37 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Agreed, with Adam Jones, I think we won that game. Are we sure Adam isn't out under a covered up concussion protocol? I know teams play weird stuff with the injury reports, but I think he was concussed in the TEX game and it was hidden.

It sure would have helped. Anyone heard anything about Dennard?

Edit* well shit ,just heard he's out for season. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope it was a dumb call.. We were still in field goal range. Run the ball, get a first down and milk some more clock. We gave them too much time.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 10:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If it worked, we'd be calling it genius.

Even still, I have always been told the Pylon is part of the end zone.

So getting one foot down and one standing on the pylon, to me, is a touchdown; at least, based on the rules that the NFL has been purportedly following for the past few years.

I find it odd that those rules changed when it comes to the Bengals winning.

That said, I agree that running with Gio would have been the better play call. He would have gotten the first down, you can then call a few pass plays, run the clock down and, if you didn't score the TD, kick the field goal and go into overtime with zeros on the clock.

But hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

I don't mind losing this game. I think the Cardinals are an extremely good team and they showed it last night. We'll rebound against the Rams and, most importantly, our 1pm games are back!

No more staying up until midnight on Thursdays, Mondays and Sundays!

By the time we kick off on Sunday, the 29th, it will have been 28 days since our last 1pm game.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my old Sunday routine of watching the game with my dad and brother and then hanging out until 8pm before going home for the night with my wife.

I hated having these primetime games ruining my plans for the week and they are finally, at long last, over.

I'm actually extremely excited for next week.

Agree with this.  Cardinals came out with adjustments and kicked our butts in the 3rd quarter.  But we hung in there in the 4th.  Give them credit, they got themselves back in the game and almost won it.

My big concerns were: the penalties, the slow response to their adjustments, questionable offensive calls (the OP is right) and the fact that we really did not get back into the game till their defense lost some key players (Peterson, Campbell and Rucker).  

My biggest concern is if we can learn from our mistakes and grow - this year

Stopping the stupid penalties (taunting, hits out of bounds, false starts, etc.);  cheating up in a system that depends on everyone just doing their job (Iloka);  stupid play calls   and better blitz pickups.

We've got the talent.  We just need to polish up the product.  But if they sit on their hands and go status quo they're done.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:18 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nope it was a dumb call.. We were still in field goal range. Run the ball, get a first down and milk some more clock. We gave them too much time.

Coaches gave the game to the Cards.  Absolutely NO reason we don't at least go into overtime.  Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb effing playcall!!!!!!  I was screaming at my TV.  Not saying we would have won in overtime, but for F***s sake, at least give them the chance!!!  I never have and I never will believe our coaches have what it takes to win in the playoffs.  Even at 8-2.  I hope they prove me wrong.

Who-Dey
Reply/Quote