Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Least Valuable Player of Every NFL Team in 2015
http://football-players.pointafter.com/stories/10227/least-valuable-worst-players-nfl-2015?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social.paid&utm_campaign=ao.sp.fb.dt.10227#Intro

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals: Russell Bodine #11

PFF grade (position rank): -25.7 (34th)
2015 salary cap hit: $624,114

Bengals tailback Jeremy Hill caught a lot of flak from fantasy football enthusiasts who drafted him in 2015, as the up-and-down back rarely strung together consecutive consistent performances. A lot of Hill's struggles could be attributed to Cincinnati's interior line, however. Namely, Russell Bodine.
The king of the bench press at the 2014 NFL Combine, Bodine has yet to convert that extraordinary strength in the weight room into success on the field. Even though he's played every snap for Cincinnati for two years running, he was actually graded more harshly by Pro Football Focus in 2015 than he was during his rookie campaign.
According to PFF, he was a better run blocker than only two other centers in the league. He wasn't exactly stellar in pass protection, either.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Antwon Blake #10

PFF grade (position rank): -28.1 (117th)
2015 salary cap hit: $1.5 million

It would not be a stretch to say Blake was the worst cornerback in the league this season. He allowed the most receptions (76) and yards (1,074) of any corner, missed the most tackles (28) by 12 over the next closest player, and tied for the second-most touchdowns allowed (eight).

Offensive coordinators are quick to sniff out weakness in opposing defenses in the NFL, and they quickly learned to pick on Blake this season. He was thrown at 110 times, the third-highest total in the NFL.

Pittsburgh's defense improved as the year went on, and Blake was actually decent in the Steelers' two playoff clashes. However, he still stood out as the weak link of a once-proud defensive unit. It'd be a shock if they brought back the former undrafted free agent in 2016.

Cleveland Browns: Cameron Erving #9

PFF grade (position rank): -28.7 (80th)
2015 salary cap hit: $1.7 million

The No. 19 overall selection in last summer's draft, Erving was physically dominated throughout his rookie year by larger, more experienced linemen. Erving managed to garner Pro Football Focus' third-worst grade for guards league-wide despite playing in just 38.4 percent of Cleveland's offensive snaps.

Former Browns coach Mike Pettine indicated Erving took "a step forward" after moving to right guard for the season's final three games, according to the Akron Beacon Journal. However, that doesn't jibe with Pro Football Focus' individual game grades for Erving, which indicate two of his three worst performances came following the switch from left guard.

Whatever the case, Erving would have to take a giant leap forward in 2016 to justify his draft slot and salary.

Baltimore Ravens: James Hurst #6

PFF grade (position rank): -37.6 (75th)
2015 salary cap hit: $513,000

James Hurst somehow found himself as Baltimore's starting left tackle last season after injuries forced some re-shuffling, a move thatconfounded ESPN's Ravens beat writer Jamison Hensley. The reporter's instincts proved to be right.

Hurst ranked ahead of just one tackle among 76 qualifying players in Pro Football Focus' grades this year, virtually replicating the grade of -35.7 he received last season. The former undrafted free agent gave up at least three QB hurries in five separate games in 2015.

The most damaging play Hurst was involved in? Late in their contest against the Rams, Hurst was bowled over backwards by rookie defensive end Matt Longacre. Hurst fell backwards into Joe Flacco's leg, tearing the ACL inside his quarterback's knee and effectively curtailing Baltimore's hopes for playoff football. Ironically, that was the game in which Hurst received his highest grade of the season from PFF.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
The cruel thread. Factual, I know. But who wants to go to work being the worst there. This is about starters, I'm sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: The cruel thread.  Factual, I know.  But who wants to go to work being the worst there.  This is about starters, I'm sure.

It has got to be starters because Cortez Allen is still on the Steelers roster. Don't have his salary or cap hit right this second, but he's one of their highest paid DB's and I don't think he even dressed much this season. 

Biggest colossal waste of money ever by the Steelers. Even worse than Woodley. At least he gave them one semi-productive season after his big payday.  
Reply/Quote
Oh God it's worse than I thought. Nearly $7M against the cap in 2015 and I think that you could count the number of snaps he played on one hand. Each snap he played cost the Steelers over $1M in cap money   Hilarious

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/cortez-allen/
Reply/Quote
Just in case you think Im exaggerating. He was so bad NFL.com quit keeping track of him after week 6.
http://www.nfl.com/player/cortezallen/2495497/gamelogs
LMAO
Reply/Quote
Blake is pure dog shit. This analysis is spot on, for the Steelers at least.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 11:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Blake is pure dog shit.  This analysis is spot on, for the Steelers at least.

So if Blake is pure dog shit, what would you call the $7M cap hit that cannot beat him out? Blake is allowed to be so bad because he's on the field due to Allen and his $7M cap hit sucking even worse. 
Reply/Quote