Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Left At It Again
(03-13-2016, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did watch the Jimmy Dore video and it appears you should be having a discussion with Pat as you two are at opposite ends. Pat suggests Trump and his security should do more while you and your link suggests the do too much. it seems Trump's campaign has a hard time pleasing anyone that is opposed to him;  obviously not saying you are, just in general. 

I look forward to you and Pat discussing your differences on this issue in a genuine and unbiased manner. 

That's the thing...Trump has personally instructed the security at these events to remove people many times. It's not as if they are left to their own devices and making all security/removal decisions. Trump is not shy about stopping in the middle of a rally and having people taken out. 

At the same time, he is instructing his supporters to be 'old school' and 'handle' protesters, even offering to have their backs in terms of legal fees. 

Then, he stands there with a straight face, knowing that his followers will fall for it, saying everyone and their mother is attempting to silence him.  Nervous
(03-13-2016, 11:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That's the thing...Trump has personally instructed the security at these events to remove people many times. It's not as if they are left to their own devices and making all security/removal decisions. Trump is not shy about stopping in the middle of a rally and having people taken out. 

At the same time, he is instructing his supporters to be 'old school' and 'handle' protesters, even offering to have their backs in terms of legal fees. 

Then, he stands there with a straight face, knowing that his followers will fall for it, saying everyone and their mother is attempting to silence him.  Nervous

No doubt his hypocrisy is silly. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Trun
(03-13-2016, 11:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you want to expound or just go with the insults?

Pat has mentioned in this very thread that Trump should do more in the way of security and you have suggested he is doing too much. 

But I blame me. 
trump is encouraging violence. You down play that, encourage it indirectly. Way to go.
(03-14-2016, 12:15 AM)Benton Wrote: Trun
trump is encouraging violence. You down play that, encourage it indirectly. Way to go.

I have not "down played" anything, but that was not the question posed. Given that: what about you and Pat disagreeing on what Trump and his security should do makes me "obtuse"?

(03-13-2016, 09:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  The huge number of college kids,
particularly minorities, should have tipped them off.

Well, it was on a college campus in Chicago....so maybe not.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-14-2016, 12:21 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, it was on a college campus in Chicago....so maybe not.

Hey, let Pat stereotype if he wants. Nobody here has a problem with that.

(03-14-2016, 12:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have not "down played" anything, but that was not the question posed. Given that: what about you and Pat disagreeing on what Trump and his security should do makes me "obtuse"?
either you dont know what downplay means. Or you like being obtuse. Either way. Carry on. I realize I'm not going to change your support of violence and my condemnation of it only seems to
encourage you more.
(03-14-2016, 12:34 AM)Benton Wrote: either you dont know what downplay means. Or you like being obtuse. Either way. Carry on. I realize I'm not going to change your support of violence and my condemnation of it only seems to
encourage you more.

Are you drunk?

(03-13-2016, 11:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That's the thing...Trump has personally instructed the security at these events to remove people many times. It's not as if they are left to their own devices and making all security/removal decisions. Trump is not shy about stopping in the middle of a rally and having people taken out. 

That part is true.  And the harder they try, the more they play right into his hands.  The Establishment on both sides is freaking out.

And if they can't chase a guy like Trump out, it tells me two things--both sides really suck at running anything and the people really are fed up with the raping of America.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(03-13-2016, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did watch the Jimmy Dore video and it appears you should be having a discussion with Pat as you two are at opposite ends. Pat suggests Trump and his security should do more while you and your link suggests the do too much. it seems Trump's campaign has a hard time pleasing anyone that is opposed to him;  obviously not saying you are, just in general. 

I look forward to you and Pat discussing your differences on this issue in a genuine and unbiased manner. 

(03-13-2016, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you and Pat are at odds on this issue as well. Why didn't you bring this up with him?

To look, fairly, if Pat is at odds with anyone let's look and see if he said what you think he said.

(03-13-2016, 06:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Oh, well, his choice. He should probably pay for better security.

(03-13-2016, 09:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I honestly don't know. I'm sure they guide the in house security, but apparently that crew didn't do as good of a job vetting guests. 

(03-13-2016, 09:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Anyone without a white hood?

Seriously, though, I heard on the news that they often are checking people in line and asking them to leave when they don't "look" right. The huge number of college kids,
particularly minorities, should have tipped them off.

It comes with the territory, though. If you're going to just spread hatred, you're going to have backlash. Instead of playing the victim, he could have had his security team clear out the protestors and continued on. 

It seems he said, clearly, that Drumpf's security should have handled this better by keeping the protesters out before anything started.

But you added the word "forceful" in this next quote.  Perhaps it was to defend Drumpf saying he wishes it was the good old days and you could punch a protester int he face?

(03-13-2016, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The hypocrisy comes for blaming him for having his voice silenced through coercion. The security is provided by the venue, but I find it 2 funny that you suggest his security is to blame.

Just so we are clear and don't accidentally confuse you with a hypocrite again: Do you think Trump and his security should be more forceful with these "protester"?

He canceled the event out of fear for the safety of those in attendance. Folks are having a hard time blaming this on Trump; but they are still trying real hard.

Then it goes back to you saying Pat said what you said he said.  Not what he said.

(03-13-2016, 11:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you want to expound or just go with the insults?

Pat has mentioned in this very thread that Trump should do more in the way of security and you have suggested he is doing too much. 

But I blame me. 

(03-14-2016, 12:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have not "down played" anything, but that was not the question posed. Given that: what about you and Pat disagreeing on what Trump and his security should do makes me "obtuse"?

That was what was "obtuse".  Pat said they should have done a better job.  Others said Drumpf has acted like his security being rough is a good thing and wishes they would/could be rougher.  You said that means Pat wants his security to be rougher which is in opposition of those who said Drumpf's people have been too rough.

(03-14-2016, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, let Pat stereotype if he wants. Nobody here has a problem with that.

(03-14-2016, 12:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you drunk?

Then the "poor me card" came out.

On what actually happened at the event: 

Drumpf WANTS controversy.  It's his best friend because the low educated people he loves will look at it as "the man" taking away his "rights".

And it will be all over the news.

Quite frankly I would not be even slightly surprised to find Drumpf hired the protesters and allowed them in just to make him look like a victim.  It seems to be the right has perfected the art of martyrdom.  (Cite: War on Christmas)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-14-2016, 12:21 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, it was on a college campus in Chicago....so maybe not.

Probably a bad choice of venue. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-13-2016, 11:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does this suffice?

[Image: GOP2016Trump-08a45.jpg?uuid=mmtKnufxEeWpzmgQVcegXw]

Good start so far. Now show me photos/videos of those guys engaging in acts of violence. 

But I blame me. 

I said "the appropriate amount of force needed to evict them is justified" in response to you asking about what security should have done. 

Benton was referencing the calls by Trump for his supporters to be physical with protestors, something I also condemned a few posts up.

Again, people have gone way off track.

Have you noticed that Trump is now closing the gap on Kasich in Ohio since Friday?

Arguing over who's to blame means nothing.

It's too late though, the train has left the station, the violence and protests against Trump will continue and Trump is going to ride this train all the way to the White House.
(03-14-2016, 08:57 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Again, people have gone way off track.

Have you noticed that Trump is now closing the gap on Kasich in Ohio since Friday?

Arguing over who's to blame means nothing.

It's too late though, the train has left the station, the violence and protests against Trump will continue and Trump is going to ride this train all the way to the White House.

No he won't. Zero chance he wins the general. He may get the GOP nod, but he can't win the general.
(03-14-2016, 09:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: No he won't. Zero chance he wins the general. He may get the GOP nod, but he can't win the general.

That's what everyone said about Trump winning the Republican nomination as well, that there is no way he can win.

I don't know, Trump scares me and I just can't shake this feeling of impending doom. I'm not just saying that either, I have a real fear about this election that no matter who wins, our country is finished. 

Clinton scares me too as does Sanders and Cruz. Kasich is in way over his head and Rubio is just, is just...I don't know what to think about him.

I'll just have to see how this thing is going to play out. 

Put on your seatbelts, if it's going to be Clinton vs Trump in the General Election, it's going to be a very rough ride. Who knows, maybe if it's those two a third party candidate will step up and take the win...someone like Gary Johnson?

Wishful thinking on my part.
(03-14-2016, 10:51 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: That's what everyone said about Trump winning the Republican nomination as well, that there is no way he can win.

I think most of us expected more candidates out before Super Tuesday. Usually when you've got a large field it's narrows down by a couple after the first three or four caucuses. This time almost everyone stayed in, and the majority of people getting delegates hung in all the way until Super Tuesday. That's split the votes considerably.

Trump won't win a general election. He has some very loyal followers, but they really aren't that many when compared to how many people are actually voting. The only scenario he might win is if Cruz or Rubio gets the nomination on one side, Clinton gets it on the other and Trump and Sanders both run independent. And even that would be a longshot.
(03-14-2016, 10:51 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: That's what everyone said about Trump winning the Republican nomination as well, that there is no way he can win.

I don't know, Trump scares me and I just can't shake this feeling of impending doom. I'm not just saying that either, I have a real fear about this election that no matter who wins, our country is finished. 

Clinton scares me too as does Sanders and Cruz. Kasich is in way over his head and Rubio is just, is just...I don't know what to think about him.

I'll just have to see how this thing is going to play out. 

Put on your seatbelts, if it's going to be Clinton vs Trump in the General Election, it's going to be a very rough ride. Who knows, maybe if it's those two a third party candidate will step up and take the win...someone like Gary Johnson?

Wishful thinking on my part.

I'm half in this boat as I was certainly one of the people that thought that the Drumpf circus would be short lived. But I can't help but think that a Drumpf nomination is the Dems wet dream. It would be tricky for him after disparaging women, hispanics, the physically disabled, and the list goes on now with inciting and defending physical violence.

He's certainly a marketing genius, and has taken the scene by storm. You know that he is set for life with the possible book deals that will be made on how this man held an election cycle hostage. Hell, they might do a remake of Brewster's Millions featuring him.

The redeeming quality of Trump (and Bernie on the left) is that people have finally had an outlet to voice their displeasure with the status quo of our two party logjam that is an absolute joke. While I disagree substantially with Trump's message (and a good portion of Bernie's) at least people are being heard in a way other than casting votes for a third party candidate that will inevitably be an afterthought.
(03-14-2016, 12:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you drunk?

Only when I'm conscious. 
(03-14-2016, 09:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: No he won't. Zero chance he wins the general. He may get the GOP nod, but he can't win the general.

if I had a nickle for every time someone said this throughout the process......