Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Left At It Again
(03-14-2016, 07:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: To look, fairly, if Pat is at odds with anyone let's look and see if he said what you think he said.

It seems he said, clearly, that Drumpf's security should have handled this better by keeping the protesters out before anything started.

But you added the word "forceful" in this next quote.  Perhaps it was to defend Drumpf saying he wishes it was the good old days and you could punch a protester int he face?

Then it goes back to you saying Pat said what you said he said.  Not what he said.

That was what was "obtuse".  Pat said they should have done a better job.  Others said Drumpf has acted like his security being rough is a good thing and wishes they would/could be rougher.  You said that means Pat wants his security to be rougher which is in opposition of those who said Drumpf's people have been too rough.

Then the "poor me card" came out.

On what actually happened at the event: 

Drumpf WANTS controversy.  It's his best friend because the low educated people he loves will look at it as "the man" taking away his "rights".

And it will be all over the news.

Quite frankly I would not be even slightly surprised to find Drumpf hired the protesters and allowed them in just to make him look like a victim.  It seems to be the right has perfected the art of martyrdom.  (Cite: War on Christmas)

Glad you explained it. So no one is at odds over what Trump should have done in the way of security?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-14-2016, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Glad you explained it. So no one is at odds over what Trump should have done in the way of security?

They seem to be talking about separate things but agree that it is on his security to be better and not be violent even though Drumpf wishes they could be.

So no, not that I can see.  At least not in a snarky way.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-14-2016, 12:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: They seem to be talking about separate things but agree that it is on his security to be better and not be violent even though Drumpf wishes they could be.

So no, not that I can see.  At least not in a snarky way.   Mellow

Snarky is almost required for sentences around here, like have a subject or a verb.
At least one brave news organization is trying to stop giving Drumpf too much press!

Kind of...
Quote:Breitbart Editor Ordered Staffers To Stop Defending Michelle Fields

“STOP tweeting about the story. Stop speculating about the story,” editor-at-large Joel Pollak told Breitbart staffers in internal chats, screenshots of which were obtained by BuzzFeed News.

posted on Mar. 12, 2016, at 2:52 p.m.

The Washington Post / Getty Images

Breitbart senior editor-at-large Joel Pollak ordered staffers in an internal chatroom to stop defending Michelle Fields, the staffer who was allegedly manhandled by Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.

The internal Breitbart Slack chats, which were obtained by BuzzFeed News, put on display the tension between those at Breitbart who want to act like a publisher — defending their reporter and finding the truth — and those entangled in politics.

“STOP tweeting about the story. Stop speculating about the story,” Pollak told staffers in one message, and reminded them that “you were given explicit instructions.”

“You may wish to defend your colleague, and that is commendable — but keep in mind that when you do so, you are also putting other colleagues under direct public pressure, so you are actually hurting some to help another,” Pollak said in one of the chats. “That is why we have to be patient, and coordinate our responses.”

When staffer Brandon Darby wrote that Lewandowski’s behavior was “a declaration of war” and “silence is abandoning our team member,” Pollak responded, “In war, we wait for orders that are based on a careful plan. So wait.”

On Tuesday after a press conference in Florida, Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields was allegedly yanked nearly to the ground by Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski while trying to ask Trump a question. Despite the fact that there isvideo, an audio recording, and an eyewitness account that indicate Lewandowski did this, the Trump campaign has denied it, and Breitbart published a story by Pollak arguing that the person who manhandled Fields was not Lewandowski, appearing to side with the Trump campaign over their own reporter. Fields has filed a police reportagainst Lewandowski over the incident.

Pollak could not immediately be reached for comment. Breitbart chairman Steve Bannon did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Breitbart spokesman Kurt Bardella quit in protest on Friday over how the site has handled the Fields situation and has publicly accused the site of lying about what happened to Fields.

In the following screenshots, Pollak repeatedly tells Breitbart staffers not to comment on the Fields situation:

[Image: enhanced-mid-15559-1457812978-7.png]
[Image: enhanced-mid-28661-1457813033-1.png]
[Image: enhanced-mid-6466-1457813187-1.png]

Pics are at the link.

[Image: enhanced-mid-6143-1457813333-1.png]
(03-14-2016, 01:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: At least one brave news organization is trying to stop giving Drumpf too much press!

Kind of...

Pics are at the link.

[Image: enhanced-mid-6143-1457813333-1.png]

Breitbart deserves to get roasted over this.

And to make it clear that I oppose the same thing from the left, Rolling Stone deserved to get roasted over the bogus rape story they ran.

Biased "news" sources serve a purpose of constantly attacking the story from the other side.  I respect them when they do find holes in the story from the other side.  But when they go overboard and sell out to one side they lose credibility.
(03-14-2016, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Breitbart deserves to get roasted over this.

And to make it clear that I oppose the same thing from the left, Rolling Stone deserved to get roasted over the bogus rape story they ran.

Biased "news" sources serve a purpose of constantly attacking the story from the other side.  I respect them when they do find holes in the story from the other side.  But when they go overboard and sell out to one side they lose credibility.

It's pretty bothersome that in the first few tweets Pollak says they need to ignore the issue so that it doesn't benefit Clinton. 
I didn't want to start a new thread, but I had to share this with you all. China's state media is using Trump as an example of the failure of western democracy.

Quote:Donald Trump, front-runner to be the GOP's candidate for the upcoming US presidential election, encountered a major protest at his campaign event in Chicago on Friday evening. Over a thousand people, both his supporters and opponents engaged in a physical confrontation, which was quelled by police who arrested a number of people.

Fist fights among voters who have different political orientations is quite common in developing countries during election seasons. Now, a similar show is shockingly staged in the US, which boasts one of the most developed and mature democratic election systems.

Trump's mischief has overthrown a lot of conventional norms of US political life.

His remarks are abusively racist and extremist, which has left an impression on the US public that he is intentionally overthrowing political correctness.

Trump's rise was not anticipated by most analysts and observers. At the beginning of the election, Trump, a rich, narcissist and inflammatory candidate, was only treated as an underdog. His job was basically to act as a clown to attract more voters' attention to the GOP. However, knocking down most other promising candidates, the clown is now the biggest dark horse.

Trump is the last option for the GOP establishment. If he wins the primaries, the GOP will face a bitter dilemma. On the one hand, it will be a big compromise to GOP values, and the party takes a major risk of losing the game if they choose Trump as their candidate for president; on the other hand, if the GOP refuses to choose Trump, he might run as an independent candidate and split the vote, in which case, the GOP will also stand no chance in the final game.

The rise of Trump has opened a Pandora's box in US society. Trump's supporters are mostly lower-class whites, and they lost a lot after the 2008 financial crisis. The US used to have the largest and most stable middle class in the Western world, but many are going down.

That's when Trump emerged. Big-mouthed, anti-traditional, abusively forthright, he is a perfect populist that could easily provoke the public. Despite candidates' promises, Americans know elections cannot really change their lives. Then, why not support Trump and vent their spleen?

The rise of a racist in the US political arena worries the whole world. Usually, the tempo of the evolution of US politics can be predicted, while Trump's ascent indicates all possibilities and unpredictability. He has even been called another Benito Mussolini or Adolf Hitler by some Western media.

Mussolini and Hitler came to power through elections, a heavy lesson for Western democracy. Now, most analysts believe the US election system will stop Trump from being president eventually. The process will be scary but not dangerous.

Even if Trump is simply a false alarm, the impact has already left a dent. The US faces the prospect of an institutional failure, which might be triggered by a growing mass of real-life problems.

The US had better watch itself for not being a source of destructive forces against world peace, more than pointing fingers at other countries for their so-called nationalism and tyranny.
(03-14-2016, 03:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't want to start a new thread, but I had to share this with you all. China's state media is using Trump as an example of the failure of western democracy.

Quote: The US faces the prospect of an institutional failure, which might be triggered by a growing mass of real-life problems.
Real-life problems? Beats our current prospect of institutional failure because of the problems we keep misconceiving. It would be nice to get back to addressing the real concerns instead of crap like what funerals presidents have attended or what flag is flying where or the like.
(03-14-2016, 03:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Real-life problems? Beats our current prospect of institutional failure because of the problems we keep misconceiving. It would be nice to get back to addressing the real concerns instead of crap like what funerals presidents have attended or what flag is flying where or the like.

I think the issue is that we don't address the real problems because we're too busy bitching about the trivial shit.
[Image: CdUm_QvXEAAOaJt.jpg]

(03-14-2016, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: CdUm_QvXEAAOaJt.jpg]

This is only a short bit of what I assume is a longer clip on the news.

Looks like the "attack" was two guys shoving and one threw a punch.  Would be interesting to see what happened before.

You know, have all the evidence.
(03-14-2016, 11:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is only a short bit of what I assume is a longer clip on the news.

Looks like the "attack" was two guys shoving and one threw a punch.  Would be interesting to see what happened before.

You know, have all the evidence.

No doubt we should wait to see what caused the Anti-Violence activist to become violent. Kinda looks like one person is trying to stop another from taking their American Flag.

(03-13-2016, 02:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I feel there is more to this story that may help me understand what went on. The person that shouted was saying what? How did they cause someone to rush the stage? Was the person rushing in support of or in opposition to the disruptor?

To the other commentary there was the politician that interrupted the SOTU by shouting 'you lie' at the POTUS. The SOTU is a crowded event, would you say that person was  'inciting'? Just trying to get some clarification as to what goes from being rude to inciting in your opinion.

Apparently this is a photo of the guy that rushed the stage:

[Image: 10330410_971150936254350_717971067296363...e=57862814]

But we are still in the information gathering phase. 

(03-15-2016, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently this is a photo of the guy that rushed the stage:

Hey now.... don't forget to check your privilege. 
Ninja
(03-15-2016, 12:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt we should wait to see what caused the Anti-Violence activist to become violent. Kinda looks like one person is trying to stop another from taking their American Flag.

*snark*

Maybe the anti-violence activist was breaking up an altercation and something happened to make him defend someone else or himself?

I suppose I should have expected him to be perfect as that would be "holding him to his morals"?  Maybe something happened that cause this gentleman to snap for a brief moment?  I'd think we'd need to see more.

Interesting that now we can make assumptions from one picture and 13 second video of an event.  

I'm just glad you aren't supporting Drumpf or you might defend him and his followers even harder.  Cool
(03-15-2016, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently this is a photo of the guy that rushed the stage:

Interesting. Doesn't provide me with any answers, though.
(03-15-2016, 07:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interesting. Doesn't provide me with any answers, though.

Former child actor who really hates Drumpf

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3489742/Man-rushed-stage-Trump-rally-history-protesting-caused-uproar-year-standing-American-flag.html

Quote:The man who attempted to rush the stage at Donald Trump's campaign event in Ohio on Saturday tweeted that he spat in his hand before he shook Trump's hand at the start of the rally. 

Thomas Dimassimo, 22, was arrested for disorderly conduct and inducing panic after he vaulted over the nearly waist-high railings to break through Trump's security staff and get on stage with the GOP presidential candidate.

He reportedly told police he planned to grab the microphone and yell that Trump is a racist but didn't intend to hurt anyone.
DiMassimo, of Fairborn, was released on bail. 

As soon as he left the police station he tweeted '@realDonaldTrump I spit in my hand before I shook yours at the beginning of the rally'. 

The Dayton Daily News reports that it has obtained a police report that says Dimassimo told officers that he'd given his car keys to his girlfriend at Saturday's rally anticipating that he'd be arrested.

Dimassimo has a history of demonstrating, previously caused an uproar by standing on top of the American flag and is accused of burning the Confederate flag last year. 

Dimassimo, who is a former child actor, was quickly swarmed by security officers and Secret Service at the Dayton International Airport, but not before startling the billionaire businessman who stopped his speech. 

'I was ready for him, but it's much easier if the cops do it, don't we agree?' Trump said.    

Before attending the rally, Dimassimo, who goes by @Younglionking7 on Twitter, wrote about his plans to disrupt the event. 
Scroll down for video 
[Image: 32236B8100000578-3489742-image-m-36_1457832312046.jpg]

Since being released from jail earlier on Saturday, Dimassimo has retweeted several videos that captured the moment he rushed the stage at Trump's event. He also uploaded a photo of himself with three women and wrote: 'F*** you b**** @realdonaldtrump'

[Image: 32295F8200000578-3489742-image-a-4_1457894872278.jpg]

DiMassimo, of Fairborn, was charged with misdemeanor inducing panic and disorderly conduct. He was released on bail. As soon as he left the police station he tweeted '@realDonaldTrump I spit in my hand before I shook yours at the beginning of the rally'

'Currently in line for the rally. Currently never been more scared in my life,' he wrote Saturday on Twitter at 3.23am. 

'If I can get good thoughts and prayers from my TL (time line) it would be much appreciated,' Dimassimo wrote Saturday at 7.37am.

'I'm at this you know what rally bout to you know what.'  

On Friday the Wright State University acting major tweeted: 'I've had about all I can take from the violent trump ralliers (sic) Saturday im (sic) going to check my people and spit on their false king,' appearing to refer to Trump. 

He also retweeted a story link about a Trump event in St Louis that turned violent and wrote: 'Donal (sic) will answer for this and more tomorrow'. 

It appears as though Dimassimo is an avid supporter of Vermont Senator and Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders on social media, as well as being active with the Black Lives Matter movement.  

The bolded part appear to be conjecutre, but no matter what he is the PERFECT foil for the right:  hollywood, sanders, blm.  LOL!

Also, tough talk from Drumpf that he "was ready for him"!   Hilarious 

He's playing the part perfectly and the rubes are buying it!  Oscar worthy!
(03-15-2016, 07:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: *snark*

Maybe the anti-violence activist was breaking up an altercation and something happened to make him defend someone else or himself?

I suppose I should have expected him to be perfect as that would be "holding him to his morals"?  Maybe something happened that cause this gentleman to snap for a brief moment?  I'd think we'd need to see more.

Interesting that now we can make assumptions from one picture and 13 second video of an event.  

I'm just glad you aren't supporting Drumpf or you might defend him and his followers even harder.  Cool
I simply posted the image and made no assumption. Sorta like posting a meme, I think you know the process. You were the one that posted the video and added what it "looked like".

I know the concept of not constantly bashing someone whom you don't support is foriegn to you, but others may understand it.

(03-15-2016, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I simply posted the image and made no assumption. Sorta like posting a meme, I think you know the process. You were the one that posted the video and added what it "looked like".

I know the concept of not constantly bashing someone whom you don't support is foriegn to you, but others may understand it.

*snark*

The image had a quote on it.  I responded to that bu doing some research (about 20 seconds) to find more about it.

Then I said what *I* thought COULD have happened with a "?" on the end rather than allow the quote on the image to stand alone where it could be misconstrued as *your* belief as you said nothing more one way or the other.

I apologize if my joke (  Cool ) about you not supporting Drumpf but still defending everything he says and does, or talking about moral codes seemed like bashing.

Edit: Further research (about 30 seconds) found the picture seems to come from:

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4a2gp7/photo_antiviolence_activist_jedidiah_brown/

Which I am sure has no bias whatsoever.

Nonetheless it also shows up on lost of sites complaining about Drumpf's "free speech" being violated.

He is taking advantage of the dumbing down of America full force....
(03-14-2016, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: CdUm_QvXEAAOaJt.jpg]

That's pretty funny
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]