Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legacy
It seems as if the city of Cincinnati has lost what it means to leave a Legacy. We play the game for fun, some play the game for money, some play the game for fame, and some play to be the best. I will not believe in our team until every single person is playing to be the best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You inspire me
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 10:40 PM)treee Wrote: It seems as if the city of Cincinnati has lost what it means to leave a Legacy. We play the game for fun, some play the game for money, some play the game for fame, and some play to be the best. I will not believe in our team until every single person is playing to be the best.

Interesting.

Which players are playing for money and how do you know?

Which ones are playing for fun?

Which ones for fame?

Which ones play to be the best?

How do you know all of this?  Have you had in depth discussions with all of the players?

Or are you just spewing a bunch of bullshit to try to make yourself sound like some kind of superfan?

"Look at me.  My values are so superior to most of the Bengal players!!"
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting.

Which players are playing for money and how do you know?

It is not always possible to tell which players are playing for money. Generally, said player might just be bad at football on the professional level.

Which ones are playing for fun?

If you ever see an NFL player laughing or smiling then you know they're playing for fun.

Which ones for fame?

This one is a little harder to specify. Some might be playing for a payday, some might be play to be the best.

Which ones play to be the best?

Those who play to be the best, perform the best after all is said.

How do you know all of this?  Have you had in depth discussions with all of the players?

How does anyone know anything?

Or are you just spewing a bunch of bullshit to try to make yourself sound like some kind of superfan?

It sounds like you are jaded and you probably shouldn't take it out on people who are fans of that same team as you.

"Look at me.  My values are so superior to most of the Bengal players!!"

lol
Reply/Quote
"If you ever see an NFL player laughing or smiling then you know they're playing for fun."

I'll bet your glad we don't have this guy on our team.

[Image: medium_0126brady.JPG]

Clearly he is just playing for fun and does not care about being the best  
Reply/Quote
^[Image: 96e39717e82840bd8cf19a2459f2761f.jpg?itok=xxqCBLlJ]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "If you ever see an NFL player laughing or smiling then you know they're playing for fun."

I'll bet your glad we don't have this guy on our team.

[Image: medium_0126brady.JPG]

Clearly he is just playing for fun and does not care about being the best  
Never said they were mutually exclusive. How about you do me a favor and stop being a semantic asshole. Sound good? .
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 04:56 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: ^[Image: 96e39717e82840bd8cf19a2459f2761f.jpg?itok=xxqCBLlJ]
I can't stand Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 11:15 AM)treee Wrote: I can't stand Tom Brady.

I have grown to respect and appreciate his play more over the years.  He is one of the most competitive athletes I have ever seen.  He doesn't have the great physical attributes others qbs have had but yet he hardly gets rattled and knows what to do.

Brady in my opinion the best QB ever.  He is at a minimum top 5 all time.  

Athletes I can't stand include josh Norman, steph curry, draymond green.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 10:40 PM)treee Wrote: It seems as if the city of Cincinnati has lost what it means to leave a Legacy. We play the game for fun, some play the game for money, some play the game for fame, and some play to be the best. I will not believe in our team until every single person is playing to be the best.

It's their stinking jobs for crying out loud!!  Do you go to work for the money? fun? fame? to be the best at what you do?

Yes, the fans help pay their salary buy buying tickets, memorabilia, and cable bills, but when the sun sets each day, I'm sure most players are just glad they have their faith, health, family, and a paycheck.

I doubt whether ANY of these players are losing sleep because treee and any other fans like him aren't believing in them.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 12:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's their stinking jobs for crying out loud!!  Do you go to work for the money? fun? fame? to be the best at what you do?

Yes, the fans help pay their salary buy buying tickets, memorabilia, and cable bills, but when the sun sets each day, I'm sure most players are just glad they have their faith, health, family, and a paycheck.

I doubt whether ANY of these players are losing sleep because treee and any other fans like him aren't believing in them.
Lol okay? Did I insinuate that my opinion mattered in that regard? I do not believe I did. I just wrote a post and offended everybody apparently. Whatever.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 11:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I have grown to respect and appreciate his play more over the years.  He is one of the most competitive athletes I have ever seen.  He doesn't have the great physical attributes others qbs have had but yet he hardly gets rattled and knows what to do.

I don't think he is one of the greatest of all time but he has played on the team of what very well may be one of the greatest coaches* of all time when all is said and done.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 11:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I have grown to respect and appreciate  his play more over the years.  He is one of the most competitive athletes I have ever seen.  He doesn't have the great physical attributes others qbs have had but yet he hardly gets rattled and knows what to do.

Do not like players who, by their antics, make it all about them:

J.J. Watt
Cam Newton
Mike Mitchell
Aaron Rodgers
Chad Johnson
Antonio Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 12:42 PM)treee Wrote: I don't think he is one of the greatest of all time but he has played on the team of what very well may be one of the greatest coaches* of all time when all is said and done.

The coaching he has received assists in him being the greatest of all time.  His stats, championships, and players around him support him as being one of the best if not THE best I've ever seen and that goes back to Bart Starr.

He has done what he's done without the studs that Montana had and Joe is the only one I'd compare him to fairly being apples to apples.

Bradshaw was not an elite QB, but got hot at the end of the year and had the best receiver tandem (Swan/Stallworth) and defenses, that ever played the game.
Reply/Quote