Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lincoln Project
Anyone heard of this? I found out about it because I follow several of the advisors on social media and thought some folks might lik eit.

https://lincolnproject.us/

Quote:OUR MISSION

Defeat President Trump and Trumpism at the ballot box.

We do not undertake this task lightly nor from ideological preference. Our many policy differences with national Democrats remain. However, the priority for all patriotic Americans must be a shared fidelity to the Constitution and a commitment to defeat those candidates who have abandoned their constitutional oaths, regardless of party. Electing Democrats who support the Constitution over Republicans who do not is a worthy effort.

Personally, I don't see this getting a ton of headway unless they get some Republican officials behind it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-22-2020, 03:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anyone heard of this? I found out about it because I follow several of the advisors on social media and thought some folks might lik eit.

https://lincolnproject.us/

Personally, I don't see this getting a ton of headway unless they get some Republican officials behind it.

Rick Wilson is part this, correct?

Their ads have been getting out and under DJT's skin it seems.

I don't know that any anti-Trump group is going to get Republican officials behind it until Trump is out of office.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
I am sure Bill Kristol would support them. He is (or used to be) a big voice among conservatives.

Same for George Will. He still writes for The Washington Post and appears on TV a lot.
I’ve seen some of their ads.
Interesting and encouraging. Thank you for sharing.
When I first saw the title, I was thinking that maybe the OP was going to restore a '66 Convertible with the suicide doors. But alas, just another P&R thread..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-22-2020, 06:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When I first saw the title, I was thinking that maybe the OP was going to restore a '66 Convertible with the suicide doors. But alas, just another P&R thread..

Although that would be awesome.
their ads have been quite good. They need them on the air in swing states.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Their latest:

(06-25-2020, 10:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Their latest:

Trump has so many unapologetically cruel soundbytes that I feel this commercial went easy on him, if anything.   

But overall the strategy of showing Trump being um different from other presidents people voting now would find palatable is a good one. 

And yes I realize you could put Reagan joking about bombing Russian civilians, Bush claiming that his drinking buddy is doing a heckuva job while people die on his watch and Obama making fun of the special Olympics next to a clip of Trump saying something that isn't heinous if such a thing exists.
(06-25-2020, 11:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: And yes I realize you could put Reagan joking about bombing Russian civilians, Bush claiming that his drinking buddy is doing a heckuva job while people die on his watch and Obama making fun of the special Olympics next to a clip of Trump saying something that isn't heinous if such a thing exists.

Obama's special Olympics gaff and Reagan's joke were not policy positions and insults proudly brayed before the public and then doubled down on or denied.

Find a clip of Obama deliberately mocking a special Olympics kid at a public rally or Reagan insisting he would rain nukes on the USSR and you have a Trump-level comparison.  

The mass of Trump gaffs and public insults from one year trumps anything we could compile from 24 years of Reagan, Bush and Obama combined.

That's no secret though. I'd like to see more soundbites of Trump bad decisions--e.g., with COVID and Iran and Saudi Arabia and Putin.

These comparative ads won't affect Trump's base, but I hope rubbing our nose in the difference will move enough independents in the right direction.
(06-25-2020, 11:51 PM)Dill Wrote: Obama's special Olympics gaff and Reagan's joke were not policy positions and insults proudly brayed before the public and then doubled down on or denied.

Find a clip of Obama deliberately mocking a special Olympics kid at a public rally or Reagan insisting he would rain nukes on the USSR and you have a Trump-level comparison.  

The mass of Trump gaffs and public insults from one year trumps anything we could compile from 24 years of Reagan, Bush and Obama combined.

That's no secret though. I'd like to see more soundbites of Trump bad decisions--e.g., with COVID and Iran and Saudi Arabia and Putin.

These comparative ads won't affect Trump's base, but I hope rubbing our nose in the difference will move enough independents in the right direction.

I agree, but I also can't compliment any president of my lifetime without ripping them a bit.  I'm naaaasty. 

Apparently, there is another organization where Tim Miller and Bill Kristol are involved in something similar. https://rvat.org/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Trump tweeting a white power video is a little on the nose, but the rules simply dont apply for him. If he's worried he's going to lose the election I picture a desperation photo of him in blackface being released ala Dukakis in the tank and Kerry hunting.
The new Lincoln Project ad is savage... Most of them are, but this one hits pretty hard. It focuses on Covid 19, the elderly, and reopening. I don't wanna ruin it for those who've not seen it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-29-2020, 12:34 AM)jason Wrote: The new Lincoln Project ad is savage... Most of them are, but this one hits pretty hard. It focuses on Covid 19, the elderly, and reopening. I don't wanna ruin it for those who've not seen it.

It's amazing how simple an ad can be so brutal. Rick Wilson has a big hand in those ads, I have no doubt. He is notoriously savage.

(06-29-2020, 08:22 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's amazing how simple an ad can be so brutal. Rick Wilson has a big hand in those ads, I have no doubt. He is notoriously savage.

Wilson is definitely involved.

Also, they are working.

Probably ran on FOX so Trump could see they are "fighting back". Smirk
(06-29-2020, 12:34 AM)jason Wrote: The new Lincoln Project ad is savage... Most of them are, but this one hits pretty hard. It focuses on Covid 19, the elderly, and reopening. I don't wanna ruin it for those who've not seen it.

A veterans group has an even more savage ad about Trumps failure to protect.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(06-30-2020, 08:09 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:

Damn...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021