Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Little Things Add Up To Championships
(02-10-2017, 06:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i think we will have a competitive team next year and that is all MB gives a damn about.

Me, i am starting to get tired of this shit. If we re-sign Marv for another frickin' year and keep PA around...

It will speak volumes to all of us that MB doesn't give a shit about winning the big game. But we already knew that.

Another poster said something about needing to have that burn in your gut that you want to win more than anything.

It is clear we don't have that here. They have that in New England.

In a way i wish i won the lottery and could buy this team. The fans deserve an owner who gives a ****.

Look how friggen long it took to get rid of Bratkowski!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 11:37 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean. This is the same owner who has only fired one offensive coordinator and demoted one, which was Ken Anderson.

He also only fired 3 head coaches since 1991. Sam Wyche. Dave Shula. Dick LeBeau. Marvin Lewis has been here. Coslet resigned.

Shula lost 50 games faster than any other NFL coach in history. Took him 69 games. He went 19-52. Took 5 and a half seasons to fire him.

But yet he fired Wyche after having a down year. Wyche's first time being under .500 since 1987.

Oh, and he brought Coslet back after he was 21-36 as a Bengals coach. Before that he went 26-38 with the Jets.

Mike Brown is too loyal. Always has been. Always will be.

He fired Wyche because he wasn't a yes man. 

Mike says "let's turn this DE into a TE". Sam looks at him and says "ummmm, why don't you let us handle that stuff Mike" ? Mike says "goodbye Sam, I know what I'm doing"

And we all know the rest of the story.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 06:29 PM)kevin Wrote: " I bet Marvin is still maintaining a rack of ribs for his Valentine's Day buffet ".....Why ribs ?  Why do you associate Bengals first black head coach with ribs ?  How do you know he eats ribs ?  Now I like ribs, I'm white, but I like ribs. I bet Bill Belichick probably would eat at Montgomery Inn or Old Hickory or Outback and try their ribs. 

So your white and like ribs, whats your point? Only black people can eat ribs and not white people? Isn't that a bit of reverse discrimination on your part you cracker?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 11:37 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean. This is the same owner who has only fired one offensive coordinator and demoted one, which was Ken Anderson.

He also only fired 3 head coaches since 1991. Sam Wyche. Dave Shula. Dick LeBeau. Marvin Lewis has been here. Coslet resigned.

Shula lost 50 games faster than any other NFL coach in history. Took him 69 games. He went 19-52. Took 5 and a half seasons to fire him.

But yet he fired Wyche after having a down year. Wyche's first time being under .500 since 1987.

Oh, and he brought Coslet back after he was 21-36 as a Bengals coach. Before that he went 26-38 with the Jets.

Mike Brown is too loyal. Always has been. Always will be.

My guess is he fired Sam after Sam called him a moron for some of his stupid "GM" moves upon taking over for Paul.  Sam wasn't one to mince words, and Mike Brown, as a GM, has arguably the worst record in all of professional sports.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 09:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: So your white and like ribs, whats your point? Only black people can eat ribs and not white people? Isn't that a bit of reverse discrimination on your part you cracker?

Why did the OP say Patriots coach so good and Marvin just busy eating ribs. That's like OP saying Marvin busy eating watermelon or shooting dice.  You left out that I went on to say that Coach Lewis spends all his time on scouting. Often he coaches the Senior Bowl to get a closer look at players. Marvin wastes little time.  I mentioned the fault lies in Mike Brown and Family who refuse to hire and pay scouts or a GM. Marvin Lewis spends all his time making up for Bengals not having scouts as other NFL teams.  So I found the OP comment on how great Patriots coach is, while Bengals first black coach ever spends all his time eating ribs as some Cincinnati Kentucky white trash hillbilly, nose picking briar nonsense.  Marvin works his butt off for this team and has to make up for Mike Brown too cheap to hire scouts.  I'm for keeping Coach Lewis.  Those that have wanted Lewis fired since the day he was hired fail to see that Dave Shula said no coach will win here as long the Brown Family is in charge.   When you compare Patriots or Steelers to Bengals you can start at their ownership better, they have scouts, probably a GM. Bengals have no scouts, no GM, and The Brown Family that proves the only football person in the family was Paul Brown and he died 27 years ago. That Coach Lewis has taken this sorry ownership to play-offs 50 % of the time proves Coach Lewis works his rear end off doing double time trying to make up for no scouts. So I'm all for Coach Lewis. Let me repeat that. I'm all for Coach Lewis. Not one thing I have written is negative towards Coach Lewis in this. I'm defending him against rednecks who say he does nothing but eat ribs and lose games. I'm all for Coach Lewis. In fact, you fire Coach Lewis and this team goes back to 1990's Bungles. I'm all for Coach Lewis. Now Godfather, it may be you are a liberal, and liberals often attack the wrong person. Liberals are kind of stupid that way. The biggest thing holding liberals back is liberals. I'm against the OP racial stereotype of Coach Lewis and I'm all for Coach Lewis. I think he does wonders considering how awful the Brown Family are. Now if you are still to liberal to get that, then forget you too.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

[Image: 16729412_1398968700149814_71738650290152...e=590A017B]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 12:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

[Image: 16729412_1398968700149814_71738650290152...e=590A017B]

Subtitled:  Drinking orange juice...like a boss.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 04:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is also that small factor where the Patriots stunk and then a new owner came in and changed things.

This.  Good Post
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 10:43 AM)kevin Wrote: Why did the OP say Patriots coach so good and Marvin just busy eating ribs. That's like OP saying Marvin busy eating watermelon or shooting dice.  You left out that I went on to say that Coach Lewis spends all his time on scouting. Often he coaches the Senior Bowl to get a closer look at players. Marvin wastes little time.  I mentioned the fault lies in Mike Brown and Family who refuse to hire and pay scouts or a GM. Marvin Lewis spends all his time making up for Bengals not having scouts as other NFL teams.  So I found the OP comment on how great Patriots coach is, while Bengals first black coach ever spends all his time eating ribs as some Cincinnati Kentucky white trash hillbilly, nose picking briar nonsense.  Marvin works his butt off for this team and has to make up for Mike Brown too cheap to hire scouts.  I'm for keeping Coach Lewis.  Those that have wanted Lewis fired since the day he was hired fail to see that Dave Shula said no coach will win here as long the Brown Family is in charge.   When you compare Patriots or Steelers to Bengals you can start at their ownership better, they have scouts, probably a GM.  Bengals have no scouts, no GM, and The Brown Family that proves the only football person in the family was Paul Brown and he died 27 years ago. That Coach Lewis has taken this sorry ownership to play-offs 50 % of the time proves Coach Lewis works his rear end off doing double time trying to make up for no scouts. So I'm all for Coach Lewis. Let me repeat that. I'm all for Coach Lewis.  Not one thing I have written is negative towards Coach Lewis in this. I'm defending him against rednecks who say he does nothing but eat ribs and lose games. I'm all for Coach Lewis.  In fact, you fire Coach Lewis and this team goes back to 1990's Bungles.  I'm all for Coach Lewis. Now Godfather, it may be you are a liberal, and liberals often attack the wrong person. Liberals are kind of stupid that way. The biggest thing holding liberals back is liberals.  I'm against the OP racial stereotype of Coach Lewis and I'm all for Coach Lewis. I think he does wonders considering how awful the Brown Family are. Now if you are still to liberal to get that, then forget you too.

I think after reading your post I found the perfect avatar to fit your personality....

[Image: 12507408_f520.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 10:43 AM)kevin Wrote: Why did the OP say Patriots coach so good and Marvin just busy eating ribs. That's like OP saying Marvin busy eating watermelon or shooting dice.  You left out that I went on to say that Coach Lewis spends all his time on scouting. Often he coaches the Senior Bowl to get a closer look at players. Marvin wastes little time.  I mentioned the fault lies in Mike Brown and Family who refuse to hire and pay scouts or a GM. Marvin Lewis spends all his time making up for Bengals not having scouts as other NFL teams.  So I found the OP comment on how great Patriots coach is, while Bengals first black coach ever spends all his time eating ribs as some Cincinnati Kentucky white trash hillbilly, nose picking briar nonsense.  Marvin works his butt off for this team and has to make up for Mike Brown too cheap to hire scouts.  I'm for keeping Coach Lewis.  Those that have wanted Lewis fired since the day he was hired fail to see that Dave Shula said no coach will win here as long the Brown Family is in charge.   When you compare Patriots or Steelers to Bengals you can start at their ownership better, they have scouts, probably a GM.  Bengals have no scouts, no GM, and The Brown Family that proves the only football person in the family was Paul Brown and he died 27 years ago. That Coach Lewis has taken this sorry ownership to play-offs 50 % of the time proves Coach Lewis works his rear end off doing double time trying to make up for no scouts. So I'm all for Coach Lewis. Let me repeat that. I'm all for Coach Lewis.  Not one thing I have written is negative towards Coach Lewis in this. I'm defending him against rednecks who say he does nothing but eat ribs and lose games. I'm all for Coach Lewis.  In fact, you fire Coach Lewis and this team goes back to 1990's Bungles.  I'm all for Coach Lewis. Now Godfather, it may be you are a liberal, and liberals often attack the wrong person. Liberals are kind of stupid that way. The biggest thing holding liberals back is liberals.  I'm against the OP racial stereotype of Coach Lewis and I'm all for Coach Lewis. I think he does wonders considering how awful the Brown Family are. Now if you are still to liberal to get that, then forget you too.

It is true that Mikey boy is a much bigger reason in why we won't win a Superbowl but Marv gets outcoached
every single time when our team goes against a well coached team in the big games. This tells me a lot.

Marv puts a damn good team together with damn good players but a great coach can work with just decent
players and win the big games. He doesn't believe in adjusting, this is the problem with coach Lewis and the
problem with liberals lmao. Have to adjust in order to win. Adapt baby.

See the problem and fix it.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 07:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Look how friggen long it took to get rid of Bratkowski!

Yeah and PA was around like 15 years before that. Just hoping some day we will add someone competent.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is true that Mikey boy is a much bigger reason in why we won't win a Superbowl but Marv gets outcoached
every single time when our team goes against a well coached team in the big games. This tells me a lot.

Marv puts a damn good team together with damn good players but a great coach can work with just decent
players and win the big games. He doesn't believe in adjusting, this is the problem with coach Lewis and the
problem with liberals lmao. Have to adjust in order to win. Adapt baby.

See the problem and fix it.

Have to be able to actually see first. Too bad too many believe their own narrative and miss the obvious that's right in front of them.

Reply/Quote