Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The (Long Awaited) Tecmo Bowl Prediction for Bengals v Titans
(01-17-2022, 03:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As we all know, the NES classic hit Tecmo Bowl is amazingly accurate when it comes to football simulation. It may as well be real life.

So seeing how I have this iconic game (with updated 2021 rosters), I figured I may as well do yall a major solid and run Bengals @ Titans and share the result:

Bengals - 37
Titans - 28

In the 1st quarter, the Titans fumbled 3 times, 2 of which were returned for TDs by Akeem Davis-Gaither. This gave us an early 21-0 lead.

That's when Derrick Henry woke up and scored on 2 consecutive long TD runs.

Thankfully we answered with a Mixon TD, a safety, and a 36 yard TD strike from Burrow to Boyd. This pushed our lead up to 37-14. Essentially ending the game.

Tannehill hit Julio Jones in the back of the end zone, then the Titans recovered an onside kick and Tannehill hit AJ Brown for another TD as time expired. All of this made the final score look much closer than the game actually was.

---------

So what does all this mean? Clearly our defense is in store for a huge day, and our offense won't even be needed much. Digital game ball obviously goes to Davis-Gaither.

Too bad we don't have ADG at our disposal, oh well, guess someone else like Wilson will have to do the damage. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 08:54 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Lol. Good to know he put all the money we gave him to good use. 

I think he was healthy for the game before the Raiders. Not sure if they just went Eli over him. Which Eli deserves. 

Yeah, Eli started over him against the Raiders and played well. Waynes actually made some nice plays against the Stains.

But need to move on, too little way too late. Apple deserves some dough over him.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Eli started over him against the Raiders and played well. Waynes actually made some nice plays against the Stains.

But need to move on, too little way too late. Apple deserves some dough over him.

I liked the Waynes signing at the time but man he has been a huge waste. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 08:43 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Where is Waynes? Was he even out there? Man what a waste of cash. One lucky guy though! lol

As far as I know he's finally healthy, but buried on the depth chart, understandably.

We'll probably cut him this offseason.

(01-19-2022, 05:08 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Random question, when you play it through the PC do you use mouse/keyboard? How's it work?

You can use a keyboard, but I used a USB NES controller I bought for like $8 on Amazon.

Now I have the ROM uploaded to my NES classic using Hakchi2. So I play on my TV.

(01-19-2022, 05:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but did you run a madden sim?  i think it had been predicting SB winners for years lol

I haven't touched a Madden since 2012 with Peyton Hillis on the cover.

That said, I do remember Madden being accurate. You can't touch the realism and cutting edge graphics of Tecmo, though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:47 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I liked the Waynes signing at the time but man he has been a huge waste. 

Same, thought he was a good pickup as he didn't even have many injuries in Minny.

Just can't stay healthy in stripes. 

Just nice Eli Apple has finally shown some consistency as he has always been extremely talented.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, thought he was a good pickup as he didn't even have many injuries in Minny.

Just can't stay healthy in stripes. 

Just nice Eli Apple has finally shown some consistency as he has always been extremely talented.

True, though he has made plenty of mistakes as well. For the most part he has played very well. 
Reply/Quote
Too bad Akeem won't be playing..I'm looking forward to next seasons LBers with another year of seasoning under their belts.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As far as I know he's finally healthy, but buried on the depth chart, understandably.

We'll probably cut him this offseason.

You can use a keyboard, but I used a USB NES controller I bought for like $8 on Amazon.

Now I have the ROM uploaded to my NES classic using Hakchi2. So I play on my TV.

I haven't touched a Madden since 2012 with Peyton Hillis on the cover.

That said, I do remember Madden being accurate. You can't touch the realism and cutting edge graphics of Tecmo, though.

This....and Tecmo Super Bowl is the OG.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As we all know, the NES classic hit Tecmo Bowl is amazingly accurate when it comes to football simulation. It may as well be real life.

So seeing how I have this iconic game (with updated 2021 rosters), I figured I may as well do yall a major solid and run Bengals @ Titans and share the result:

Bengals - 37
Titans - 28

In the 1st quarter, the Titans fumbled 3 times, 2 of which were returned for TDs by Akeem Davis-Gaither. This gave us an early 21-0 lead.

That's when Derrick Henry woke up and scored on 2 consecutive long TD runs.

Thankfully we answered with a Mixon TD, a safety, and a 36 yard TD strike from Burrow to Boyd. This pushed our lead up to 37-14. Essentially ending the game.

Tannehill hit Julio Jones in the back of the end zone, then the Titans recovered an onside kick and Tannehill hit AJ Brown for another TD as time expired. All of this made the final score look much closer than the game actually was.

---------

So what does all this mean? Clearly our defense is in store for a huge day, and our offense won't even be needed much. Digital game ball obviously goes to Davis-Gaither.

Were they straight runs?  Or did he tease the Bengals by running to the goal line, reversing course and running 99 yards the other way, then reversing course again and scoring the long TD?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:21 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote:   

Were they straight runs?  Or did he tease the Bengals by running to the goal line, reversing course and running 99 yards the other way, then reversing course again and scoring the long TD?

They looked a bit like this:

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Why in the hell are we still discussing this game?!?!?

Sim out our AFC Championship game so we can get a head start on knowing if we need to take out those second mortgages to go the Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This thread warms my heart.

Lol,  LMAO LMAO LMAO
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They looked a bit like this:

Hilarious

And I don't even care for Family Guy much lol
Reply/Quote
All this time I thought Tecmo was just the name of a poster on this board and had no idea it was even a game.

Damn Im outdated

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 02:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: All this time I thought Tecmo was just the name of a poster on this board and had no idea it was even a game.

Damn Im outdated

Considering Tecmo Super Bowl released in 1991, I'm inclined to ask about your High School days with Jesus.
Reply/Quote
Now we need to simulate the game on NFL Blitz Tongue
Reply/Quote

Bengals - 37
Titans - 28

This is all I needed to see. Bengals are +3.5 right now so I am gonna go mortgage my house now, there's easy money to be won.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 02:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is all I needed to see. Bengals are +3.5 right now so I am gonna go mortgage my house now, there's easy money to be won.

Ninja

I won last weeks with the -6 spread.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 02:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: All this time I thought Tecmo was just the name of a poster on this board and had no idea it was even a game.

Damn Im outdated

If you look at my profile picture, it's the 8-bit helmet from the game that's shown in the divisional standings along with the Browns, Steelers, and Oilers (original version of game).
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 02:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Considering Tecmo Super Bowl released in 1991, I'm inclined to ask about your High School days with Jesus.

My HS days were all sports, just went from one to the next, but Jesus was our team captain and was only teammate to ever bat 1,000, or to never drop a pass even. Dude has skills and we rarely did anything indoors in my day.   

When I was in HS pong, space invaders, and Pac Man had just came out then which began the video craze. I opted to play Foosball or Billiards where my hand eye coordination shined more so than video's.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote