Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Longest Week of the Year
I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is exactly. I just thought I'd start one where quite a few of us could agree on something, and we could gripe about how much the waiting game stinks.

This week, the week leading up the start of the season, is BRUTAL for me. If I could hibernate for 7 days I would. The offseason in general can be a chore. There's the lead-up to free agency, the lead-up to the draft, and all sorts of waiting. But none of them compare to this one IMHO.

We've now been teased with so much. We have the previously mentioned free agency and the draft, we've had the preseason, and now we've got college football underway. We're so close to kickoff. And now we're going to get a week that is chalk full of coverage, filled with matchup breakdowns, injury reports, spreads, and fantasy lineups.

There's a few comparisons that I think I can make to this week, and how much I want to speed through it. One is the week before Christmas when you're a kid. All you can think about is opening your presents, and each day leading up to it seems longer than the last. Another is the last week of school before break. You're so close to being done you can almost taste it. You spend a lot of the day just watching the clock. And there's another waiting game that can be a ridiculous tease but I'm not sure it's appropriate for the board.

Anyways, I kinda just wanted to ***** and moan about something. This week takes forever. And if anyone has any ideas on ways we can pass the time this week, other than having the same conversations for the millionth time, then I'm all ears. Maybe we could start a hangman or tic-tac-toe going on this thread. Anyone heard any good jokes?

T minus 168 hours...
Reply/Quote
It doesn’t help that we don’t tend to do anything exciting during the week like kick tires on some interesting free agents to talk about. I guess we traded for the backup DT? I don’t remember us signing anyone else of real note. Guess we can look forward to bitching about Chase, Burrow, and the offensive line while posting how we’re also still going to beat the Vikings lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Have my eye on a Godin xtSA.

It's a standard electric guitar(HSH)with piezo bridge pickups and built in 13 pin for synth connectivity as well.

Have you ever played a Godin guitar or known anyone who had one?

All I know is that their resale value is pretty atrocious.

I figured I'd order it from Sweetwater and return if it's not to my liking.

I really want something that I can also get quick acoustic sounds out of if I start gigging again in the future.

Just sold my Line 6 Variax JVT which was just okay.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 01:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is exactly.  I just thought I'd start one where quite a few of us could agree on something, and we could gripe about how much the waiting game stinks.

This week, the week leading up the start of the season, is BRUTAL for me.  If I could hibernate for 7 days I would.  The offseason in general can be a chore.  There's the lead-up to free agency, the lead-up to the draft, and all sorts of waiting.  But none of them compare to this one IMHO.

We've now been teased with so much.  We have the previously mentioned free agency and the draft, we've had the preseason, and now we've got college football underway.  We're so close to kickoff.  And now we're going to get a week that is chalk full of coverage, filled with matchup breakdowns, injury reports, spreads, and fantasy lineups.

There's a few comparisons that I think I can make to this week, and how much I want to speed through it.  One is the week before Christmas when you're a kid.  All you can think about is opening your presents, and each day leading up to it seems longer than the last.  Another is the last week of school before break.  You're so close to being done you can almost taste it.  You spend a lot of the day just watching the clock.  And there's another waiting game that can be a ridiculous tease but I'm not sure it's appropriate for the board.

Anyways, I kinda just wanted to ***** and moan about something.  This week takes forever.  And if anyone has any ideas on ways we can pass the time this week, other than having the same conversations for the millionth time, then I'm all ears.  Maybe we could start a hangman or tic-tac-toe going on this thread.  Anyone heard any good jokes?

T minus 168 hours...

Longest week because i'm leaving for Florida next Saturday. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Longest week because i'm leaving for Florida next Saturday. 

What part of FLA you going to ?
Reply/Quote
I'm glad this week is a short work with labor day (at least hopefully for most of us) I already thought this week will be a little easier for me with fantasy football. The game on Thursday but also just getting the update on players health/practicing. I don't really think the Bengals have anyone that's on the fence as far as playing. Most of the guys are either expected to play or are out. I will be curious any news on Waynes. Even though I don't believe he'll play hopefully there is some positive news of him moving around well.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 01:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is exactly.  I just thought I'd start one where quite a few of us could agree on something, and we could gripe about how much the waiting game stinks.

This week, the week leading up the start of the season, is BRUTAL for me.  If I could hibernate for 7 days I would.  The offseason in general can be a chore.  There's the lead-up to free agency, the lead-up to the draft, and all sorts of waiting.  But none of them compare to this one IMHO.

We've now been teased with so much.  We have the previously mentioned free agency and the draft, we've had the preseason, and now we've got college football underway.  We're so close to kickoff.  And now we're going to get a week that is chalk full of coverage, filled with matchup breakdowns, injury reports, spreads, and fantasy lineups.

There's a few comparisons that I think I can make to this week, and how much I want to speed through it.  One is the week before Christmas when you're a kid.  All you can think about is opening your presents, and each day leading up to it seems longer than the last.  Another is the last week of school before break.  You're so close to being done you can almost taste it.  You spend a lot of the day just watching the clock.  And there's another waiting game that can be a ridiculous tease but I'm not sure it's appropriate for the board.

Anyways, I kinda just wanted to ***** and moan about something.  This week takes forever.  And if anyone has any ideas on ways we can pass the time this week, other than having the same conversations for the millionth time, then I'm all ears.  Maybe we could start a hangman or tic-tac-toe going on this thread.  Anyone heard any good jokes?

T minus 168 hours...

Go vote on the Evan McPherson nickname poll. 

That will help pass some time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What part of FLA you going to ?

Panama City Beach.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Panama City Beach.

PCB baby!!

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Have my eye on a Godin xtSA.

It's a standard electric guitar(HSH)with piezo bridge pickups and built in 13 pin for synth connectivity as well.

I really want something that I can also get quick acoustic sounds out of if I start gigging again in the future.

I played around with a Godin once in a store.... I was not impressed. It wasn't bad, it just didn't do anything for me. If you are wanting an electric you can get acoustic sounds out of, I would go with a Taylor T5z. I really want one of those. And, the resale would be much better.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Have my eye on a Godin xtSA.

I played a couple Godin's years ago when I worked in a store.  They were really nice from what I can remember.  It's been a long, long time though.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Go vote on the Evan McPherson nickname poll. 

That will help pass some time. 

I'm so late to the game, not sure what's been suggested in the earlier thread.  Evan Almighty came to mind though.  
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Panama City Beach.

Hope you get some fishing done! Good place for Cobia, King Macks and Redfish (Red Drum).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm so late to the game, not sure what's been suggested in the earlier thread.  Evan Almighty came to mind though.  

I liked Superfoot.  ala Bill Wallace
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm so late to the game, not sure what's been suggested in the earlier thread.  Evan Almighty came to mind though.  

It's a poll you goober. You pick from one of the listed names!

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hope you get some fishing done! Good place for Cobia, King Macks and Redfish (Red Drum).

Let me just say...this vaca is just to go down to the beach and chill all day with some cold drinks in my hand. 

Maybe jet ski, but that's about it. 

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a poll you goober. You pick from one of the listed names!

I just voted.  I went with Legs Benedict.
Reply/Quote
Fully expect Bates to get re-upped this week, likely tomorrow. I've been saying that for months. In spite of all the twists and turns and "controversies", Adams, Simmons and Smith etc., I think it's been done for a while. They've just been waiting for the right time announce it (Week 1). We'll see what happens but I stand by my prediction.
Reply/Quote
The thing that’s gonna make this week seem even longer to me,as opposed to prior years,is just simply the fact that there are high expectations,and hope.We all know that there have been alot of changes.Especially on defense.This team overall looks really good on paper.Although,we just have a hard time getting a good read on this team until gameday.

There is a lot of interest and excitement for this team,and for good reason.
Reply/Quote
The Reds being good, and playing meaningful baseball has helped.

Reply/Quote