Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Madness Has Not Diminished
I was watching some of the highlights (why I don't know) from Saturdays game and it still is just as maddening 3 days later to see.

That pass at the end of the game that started the whole 30 yards of penalties, wasn't even catchable! Not even close! This game was over on so many levels and that is what is more maddening then any of the previous Marvin Lewis losses.

Marvin Lewis said he couldn't go out on the field to pull his players back, YET Porter is out there doing anything he can to push the buttons and refs don't do a thing about it?

We seriously should be talking about this Sunday's game against the Patriots and instead its another 1 and done, followed by a comatose Lewis the next day during a press conference.

The other thing nobody has really spoke about is, there is a window here with the players we have and what could be achieved. Guys will move on in free agency, etc and its not guaranteed we will be replacing them with the same quality player. Lewis said he really emphasized poise this whole season, yet the meltdown still happened. What does that tell you? As wrong as the Steelers were (on soon many levels) at the end of the day Bengals should've kept their poise and walked from it. Lewis will be back and it will start all over again and lord knows what we will be saying to one another next year this time!

Yes the madness has not diminished.  
Reply/Quote
You think we would have had a chance to win that game if Marvin had benched Burfict?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You think we would have had a chance to win that game if Marvin had benched Burfict?

He didn't say that at all.

I think he's just saying his blood boils three days later, and I agree.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You think we would have had a chance to win that game if Marvin had benched Burfict?

If he would have benched him for the last drive yes

But who the hell benches their best defender for the last drive just becsuse he MIGHT do something wrong? 

Doesnt change the fact that even with the bias we shouldve won. Porter didnt punch someome and it didnt get called. He BAITED us. We were the ones who were dumb enough to take it. A huge part of me sees a HUGE injustice in letting Porters emotionally charged mental mistake go and not Pacmans but i think its common knowledge to everyone but Pitt fans that the refs cheated by now so hey. Funny thing is that it sso easy to cheat VS the bengals because no one expects us to win anyway and no one wanted us to win. 

I guaruntee Pitt goes to New England and gets DESTROYED. If they make it that far
Reply/Quote
None of the events happen without the Hill "event".

He had one damn job.

The rest of the events could go either way when a official's opinion is involved... period.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: None of the events happen without the Hill "event".

He had one damn job.

The rest of the events could go either way when a official's opinion is involved... period.

None of this happens without about a dozen other mistakes made throughout the game by multiple Bengal players.

Can't blame one play by Hill.  there were many other mistakes that could have cost us the game.  But the fact is that the very last mistakes that came right before the winning play were mistakes by burfict and jones.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals beat the Bengals. The refs lost control of the game after that no call on Gio. Once that happened the Bengals players assumed it was OK for them to play dirty like the Steelers, but you know what they say about assuming things.

If the game was officiated right we would have won. If Hill doesn't fumble at the end we would have won. If we could get more than 2 first downs in the first half we could have won. Gio doesn't get knocked out on an illegal hit, and we at least get a FG on that drive (we were close to the redzone) we would have won. If Adam Jones didn't have that penalty at the end we could have won. If a lot of things happened differently we could have won.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: None of the events happen without the Hill "event".

He had one damn job.

Jeremy Hill cost Burfict 3 games. Burfict should make Hill pay his fine also. Without Hill's fumble, none of that happens.

I will go even further and say Hill has really negatively impacted Burfict's career. Sure Burfict did some things in the past. But if Hill holds onto the ball and the Bengals win the game, the press on Burfict is entirely different. They are lauding him for being the hero, and talking about how he plays on the razor's edge of the rules. Now instead, Burfict is the goat, and everyone is calling him the dirtiest player on Earth. Thanks Jeremy.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Bengals beat the Bengals. The refs lost control of the game after that no call on Gio. Once that happened the Bengals players assumed it was OK for them to play dirty like the Steelers, but you know what they say about assuming things.

If the game was officiated right we would have won. If Hill doesn't fumble at the end we would have won. If we could get more than 2 first downs in the first half we could have won. Gio doesn't get knocked out on an illegal hit, and we at least get a FG on that drive (we were close to the redzone) we would have won. If Adam Jones didn't have that penalty at the end we could have won. If a lot of things happened differently we could have won.

Also I don't see alot of people mentioning Reys pic that went right through his hands at the end of the half. U catch that it's 3-0 at half. Then we're up 6 at end of game and instead of running with hill , u clearly kneel 3 times kick a field goal and ur up 9 with40 seconds left and no time outs ...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: Jeremy Hill cost Burfict 3 games. Burfict should make Hill pay his fine also. Without Hill's fumble, none of that happens.

Blaming Hill is ridiculous.  We still should have won even though he fumbled.

You can no more blame Hill than you can any other player who made a mistake at any earlier point in the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Blaming Hill is ridiculous.  We still should have won even though he fumbled.

You can no more blame Hill than you can any other player who made a mistake at any earlier point in the game.

You have to hold hill accountable . We trusted him to jus get a couple yards. 

Not blaming a single thing on burfict m u think if marvin jones is AB on that play and shazier does the exact same hit, that that's gonna be called? I seriously doubt it. The nfl hs it out for burfict . Steelers have plenty of dirty players but we have no beloved players like they have . 

Ben is a rapist that gets so much love from them and AB is their sweet heart 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:36 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: You have to hold hill accountable . We trusted him to jus get a couple yards. 

Many other Bengals made mistakes throughout the game.  I hold them all accountable.  But to blame Hill's fumble for the loss is silly when we were still in great shape to win after he fumbled.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You think we would have had a chance to win that game if Marvin had benched Burfict?

God no, I think Burfict was one of the main reasons we took the lead. I think Marvin needed to pull him aside clam him down after the fumble by Hill. Emphasize to him he needed control and poise. Marvin had plenty of time to do that.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: God no, I think Burfict was one of the main reasons we took the lead. I think Marvin needed to pull him aside clam him down after the fumble by Hill. Emphasize to him he needed control and poise. Marvin had plenty of time to do that.

If you have a chance go back and watch the game.  The announcers made it clear that Marvin was talking constantly to Burfict before the final defensive series.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:49 PM)TGISunday Wrote: He didn't say that at all.

I think he's just saying his blood boils three days later, and I agree.

ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp  yes exactly
Reply/Quote
We'll never know what was said to Hill prior to taking over after Burfict's INT, but I'd wager that no one got in his face and told him to protect that football because the Steelers would be trying to knock it out.

Taking a timeout to reinforce exactly what needed to be done would have been a good coaching move.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you have a chance go back and watch the game.  The announcers made it clear that Marvin was talking constantly to Burfict before the final defensive series.

In all honesty, I don't have it in me to watch it again. Gets me too worked up.
Reply/Quote
It wasn't catchable.. you said it.. so you prove their point. If it was uncatchable then Brown was a "defensless fawn".
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It wasn't catchable.. you said it.. so you prove their point. If it was uncatchable then Brown was a "defensless fawn".

Burfict shouldn't have tagged him. The game was ours. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not blaming Hill for the loss that's crazy. How about we blame people who had complete control of what they did. I'd rather blame Jones and Burfict. If you can blame Hill you can just as same blame AJM, and Andrew Whitworth. What about his false starts that KILLED promising drives? Those didn't happen?
Reply/Quote