Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Making of the Fox News White House
(03-05-2019, 07:09 PM)Dill Wrote: Sounds like you are reading stuff that deepens your interest/knowledge in history.  By the way, there are some interesting HBO productions relating to this period (8-10th century AD): Vikings and The Last Kingdom.  The former follows the career of Ragnar Hairybreeks and then his son, Ivar the Boneless.  The historical dates and events are not fiction (the raid on Lindisfarne, the attack on Paris, the great Dane invasion) and there is an effort to make the dress and costumes authentic. The Last Kingdom obliquely follows the reign of Alfred the Great, who is still my favorite English king. But the central story is of a Briton raised by Danes who enters Afred's service. Love stories and personality conflicts bore me, but there is an effort to respect historical detail which I much appreciate. 

I certainly watch Vikings and have read The Saxon Tales from which The Last Kingdom is derived. Netflix makes it now. I watch it, but I’m not a big fan of the person they chose to play Uhtred. Just doesn’t fit the character, but I think they nailed Alfred.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-05-2019, 07:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I certainly watch Vikings and have read The Saxon Tales from which The Last Kingdom is derived. Netflix makes it now. I watch it, but I’m not a big fan of the person they chose to play Uhtred. Just doesn’t fit the character, but I think they nailed Alfred.

Agree. Bookish and a great long game (as far as kingdom politics go).
(03-04-2019, 11:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/03/11/the-making-of-the-fox-news-white-house?currentPage=all

I believe this is what a propaganda machine looks like in other countries.

http://www.micronesiaforum.org/index.php?p=/discussion/16408/reaveled-mainstream-media-connections-to-liberalism-and-obama-administration

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.breitbart.com/the-media/2013/09/07/mainstream-media-honchos-related-towhite-house-officials/amp/

https://ivn.us/2017/05/03/comey-accidentally-admits-plan-expand-propaganda-programs/

While I know Breitbart is very right leaning the information they provided linking Obama administration to relatives in the media is factual and easily verifiable.

So if you wanted to see what a propaganda machine looks like ...guess what you already have during the Obama administration and the same propaganda machine continues.
(03-07-2019, 05:08 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: http://www.micronesiaforum.org/index.php?p=/discussion/16408/reaveled-mainstream-media-connections-to-liberalism-and-obama-administration

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.breitbart.com/the-media/2013/09/07/mainstream-media-honchos-related-towhite-house-officials/amp/

https://ivn.us/2017/05/03/comey-accidentally-admits-plan-expand-propaganda-programs/

While I know Breitbart is very right leaning the information they provided linking Obama administration to relatives in the media is factual and easily verifiable.  

So if you wanted to see what a propaganda machine looks like ...guess what you already have during the Obama administration and the same propaganda machine continues.

Oh!  So having some relative work in the industry equates to having nearly 95% of your talking heads and owners spinning stories (and killing some) to support the current President.

I see.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-07-2019, 10:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  So having some relative work in the industry equates to having nearly 95% of your talking heads and owners spinning stories (and killing some) to support the current President.

I see.

Smirk

You can’t be serious...

‘Some relative’ in the industry is not what we are talking about here. Anybody with a 3rd grade reading level would be able to understand that from reading the links I posted. These relatives are running these media outlets. That’s a huge difference. I don’t care if you’re a Democrat or Republican, the idea that main stream media has gone full partisan is very trouble and is very much propaganda from both sides.

Everything that’s coming out about google, Facebook, and twitter censoring/limiting conservative content should be very disconcerting to every American. But if you’re sticking with your MSNBC and CNN you probably know nothing about it.

Just wait though...everything that you’ve stuck your head in the sand about will come full circle and you Dems May just get what you guys were trained by your globalist owners to want...only it’ll be too late when you wake up to do anything about it.

Trump is no different than any other President...if his policies and rhetoric are that bad or unpopular he will be gone come 2020 and you guys will have your democratic president to open our borders and raise taxes through the roof...dismantle our military. Give billions of dollars out to other countries...Sign trade deals that increase our trade deficit...Get us into climate accords that we provide the bulk of the money...while reducing our carbon footprint so that other third world countries can increase theirs to develop their country.

Did I miss anything?

While we’re at it we might as well start a nuclear war with Russia since they are the big bad boogeyman and the Dems have deemed them the biggest threat to our democracy.
(03-07-2019, 01:35 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Trump is no different than any other President...if his policies and rhetoric are that bad or unpopular he will be gone come 2020 and you guys will have your democratic president to open our borders and raise taxes through the roof...dismantle our military.  Give billions of dollars out to other countries...Sign trade deals that increase our trade deficit...Get us into climate accords that we provide the bulk of the money...while reducing our carbon footprint so that other third world countries can increase theirs to develop their country.

Did I miss anything?

Yes, you forgot to mention Trump is doing nearly all of this now and yet his supporters seem to be fine with it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-07-2019, 01:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes, you forgot to mention Trump is doing nearly all of this now and yet his supporters seem to be fine with it.

Provide proof that Trump has done one thing I’ve mentioned...just one. You can’t because he’s done the complete opppsite of everything I just posted.

Raised taxes...Nope
Opened our borders....Nope
Defunded and weakened our military...Nope
Signed bad trade deals increasing our trade deficit....Nope
Signed Climate Accords that we provide the bulk of the funding while committing to lower our Carbon footprint while allowing other third world countries to pollute more in order to develop...Nope
Raised taxes (you must be referring to billionaires) but if you are referring to middleclass - yep (see outraged Trump supporters)

Defunded our military - yep (see emergency order), cancellation of aircrafts, and joint military practice that he claims isn't a win for Kim but a "cost cut".

Increased trade deficit with bad trade games, and broken trade deals- yep (see link already provided)

Still the Country paying for most clear air initiatives more than any 3rd world country - yep (that hasn't changed under Trump).

"Opened borders" - still the same policy as previous 10 years. So if they were "open" under Obama, they are still open now- yep

Sending billions to other countries - especially those who do business with Trump and his family. - yep. more is being sent overseas now as not only are our allies getting funds, but those friendly to Trump and his businesses are too.

I know. Crazy right. Trump hasn't done much of anything different then Obama but change the rhetoric to con his supporters into thinking he has.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-07-2019, 01:35 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: You can’t be serious...

‘Some relative’ in the industry is not what we are talking about here.  Anybody with a 3rd grade reading level would be able to understand that from reading the links I posted.  These relatives are running these media outlets.  That’s a huge difference.  I don’t care if you’re a Democrat or Republican, the idea that main stream media has gone full partisan is very trouble and is very much propaganda from both sides.  

Everything that’s coming out about google, Facebook, and twitter censoring/limiting conservative content should be very disconcerting to every American.  But if you’re sticking with your MSNBC and CNN you probably know nothing about it.  

Just wait though...everything that you’ve stuck your head in the sand about will come full circle and you Dems May just get what you guys were trained by your globalist owners to want...only it’ll be too late when you wake up to do anything about it.  

Trump is no different than any other President...if his policies and rhetoric are that bad or unpopular he will be gone come 2020 and you guys will have your democratic president to open our borders and raise taxes through the roof...dismantle our military.  Give billions of dollars out to other countries...Sign trade deals that increase our trade deficit...Get us into climate accords that we provide the bulk of the money...while reducing our carbon footprint so that other third world countries can increase theirs to develop their country.

Did I miss anything?

While we’re at it we might as well start a nuclear war with Russia since they are the big bad boogeyman and the Dems have deemed them the biggest threat to our democracy.

Mellow

jj pointed out that the deficit is rising (Trump tariffs), he never got us "out" of the climate deals (congress never voted on them) and the military is never "dismantled" they get all the money they want (and more) every year.

But "both sides"  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-07-2019, 02:09 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Provide proof that Trump has done one thing I’ve mentioned...just one.  You can’t because he’s done the complete opppsite of everything I just posted.  

Raised taxes...Nope
Opened our borders....Nope
Defunded and weakened our military...Nope
Signed bad trade deals increasing our trade deficit....Nope
Signed Climate Accords that we provide the bulk of the funding while committing to lower our Carbon footprint while allowing other third world countries to pollute more in order to develop...Nope

He allowed Congress to raise taxes on the middle class and (although I'm in favor of them) his trade policies have resulted in billions of relief going to us farmers and companies.
(03-07-2019, 02:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Raised taxes (you must be referring to billionaires) but if you are referring to middleclass - yep (see outraged Trump supporters)

Defunded our military - yep (see emergency order), cancellation of aircrafts, and joint military practice that he claims isn't a win for Kim but a "cost cut".

Increased trade deficit with bad trade games, and broken trade deals- yep (see link already provided)

Still the Country paying for most clear air initiatives more than any 3rd world country - yep (that hasn't changed under Trump).

"Opened borders" - still the same policy as previous 10 years. So if they were "open" under Obama, they are still open now- yep

Sending billions to other countries - especially those who do business with Trump and his family. - yep. more is being sent overseas now as not only are our allies getting funds, but those friendly to Trump and his businesses are too.

I know. Crazy right. Trump hasn't done much of anything different then Obama but change the rhetoric to con his supporters into thinking he has.

You missed the entire point....

First off every person I know in the middle class that I work with including myself paid less taxes than last year.  So you must be referring to the collective group of people who are the ones that normally pay too much, essentially granting the US Govt an interest free loan, and then expect a large tax refund come tax time.  I bet if those people actually paid attention to their actual tax liability instead of the amount they are getting for a refund they would see that they actually paid less taxes than previous year.  

Trump's Paris Climate Accord withdrawal...Good for the rest of the World...bad for the US.  

Trump's criticism of European countries not paying their fair share for Defense within NATO...

Trump is trying to fix the open borders issues but is getting obstructed by the Liberal Loonie Toons in congress. 

Obama sent Billions of dollars to countries Trump does business with perhaps Obama and Trump are working together....your logic = fail

It's amazing how we are still paying the most for clear air initiatives despite Trump withdrawing us from the Paris Climate Accord...The leftist media would have you think we alone are the ones destroying the Earth single-handedly because Trump didn't join the Paris Climate Accord.  A Globalist proposition that would have us footing the bill yet again.   

Trump's also not been a dictator toward immigration policy reform as the leftist media would have you believe.  Despite very harsh criticism from many of his supporters he's offered an extension for Dreamers in exchange for wall funding.  An extension where something permanent with time could be worked out while reopening the government...the left were not interested.  The left are not interested in fixing immigration they want complete open borders.  They've said as much.

If you believe that non-documented/illegals are not voting you are also delusional.  Wisconsin Governor now working toward providing ID/Driver's License for 15,000+ known illegals.  Are you so naive to believe that not even one or two of those illegals would vote when there's no system in place to prevent it from happening?  I know I would if I were an illegal...I would vote over and over again for the party that's fighting for me to have amnesty and become a legal American despite not following the legal procedure.  Don't be naive to think that larger populated states that have 10-100x that many illegals that it's not happening.  

Fact is that you liberals are supporting a party that is crapping all over the constitution and the American values that myself and others have fought and bled for.  Never have I seen a time in my life where people are guilty with zero evidence and before facts are out.  See Kavenaugh and Covington Students.  

I've never liked Trump...he looks like and idiot and he sounds like an idiot.  He exaggerates everything and he tweets very stupid divisive comments.  I doubt anybody votes for him or supports him for the stupid things that come out of his mouth.  However, if you get past the dumb comments his policies are a conservatives wet dream.  He's followed through/ or at least attempted to follow through moreso than any conservative president in my lifetime.  It's probably the Narcissist  in him that wants the country to do the best it's ever done or he really loves the country...maybe both.  He will never be a dictator...The amount of scrutiny on him will make sure anything that even blurs the lines will be called out...even things he is well within his power to do.  

I just wish people would wait him out instead of tearing at each other.  Things have a way of swinging back and forth.  It's our time now you all will get your chance in 2020.  
(03-07-2019, 07:15 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: The left are not interested in fixing immigration they want complete open borders.  They've said as much.

I have not heard this.   Which "leftists" say they want complete open borders? Are there some in Congress?

(03-07-2019, 07:15 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: If you believe that non-documented/illegals are not voting you are also delusional.  Wisconsin Governor now working toward providing ID/Driver's License for 15,000+ known illegals.  Are you so naive to believe that not even one or two of those illegals would vote when there's no system in place to prevent it from happening?  I know I would if I were an illegal...I would vote over and over again for the party that's fighting for me to have amnesty and become a legal American despite not following the legal procedure.  Don't be naive to think that larger populated states that have 10-100x that many illegals that it's not happening. 

I could believe that one or two "illegals" vote occasionally. I don't see why this statistically insignificant number should concern me more than thousands of legal voters excluded by voter id laws or redistricting or election fraud which negates the votes of hundreds or thousands.  Have there even been a dozen cases of documented voter fraud in national elections over the last 16 years?

How do you prioritize these issues? Do YOU think voter fraud should be a greater concern than election fraud?

(03-07-2019, 07:15 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Fact is that you liberals are supporting a party that is crapping all over the constitution and the American values that myself and others have fought and bled for.  Never have I seen a time in my life where people are guilty with zero evidence and before facts are out.  See Kavenaugh and Covington Students. 

How are "liberals" crapping all over the Constitution? I hope you are not judging them guilty with Zero evidence. 

You call Trump an "idiot" and "a conservative's wet dream."  That's an odd mix--and some conservative dream if it includes tariffs, dissing POWs, draft dodging, and public infidelity. Which American values are you supporting if you support Trump?  Could Trump's critics be upholding American values too?
(03-07-2019, 07:15 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: You missed the entire point....

First off every person I know in the middle class that I work with including myself paid less taxes than last year.  So you must be referring to the collective group of people who are the ones that normally pay too much, essentially granting the US Govt an interest free loan, and then expect a large tax refund come tax time.  I bet if those people actually paid attention to their actual tax liability instead of the amo

Im going to stop reading there.

We generally get back a few hundred dollars. This year we had to pay several thousand. I didn't loan anyone anything, I paid taxes all year long and now I'm paying more taxes.

Overall, tax returns, from what I've read, are smaller this year than last.
(03-07-2019, 08:16 PM)Benton Wrote: Im going to stop reading there.

We generally get back a few hundred dollars. This year we had to pay several thousand. I didn't loan anyone anything, I paid taxes all year long and now I'm paying more taxes.

Overall, tax returns, from what I've read, are smaller this year than last.

Did you make any adjustments to compensate for less being taken out of your paycheck per pay period?  Every year I adjust my withholding so that I either end up getting a very small refund or owing a very small amount.  This past year I made $20k more than I did the previous year and my return ended up being double what it was last year while my withholding per pay period was less.  I attributed this to the increase of the standard deduction for married couples.  Additionally, a child tax credit that was previous years phased out due to our total household income also helped.  While I understand that this may not be the case for some...it was for me and a lot of people I am friends with and work alongside.  I also live in a State that does not have an income tax. So that's never been a factor.  

I'm curious...as I haven't spoken with anyone that has experienced what you have, but then again I am surrounded by people that have never had to worry about paying state taxes.  I believe you but I am curious how your overall federal tax liability turned out for the year compared to last year.   
(03-07-2019, 07:50 PM)Dill Wrote: I have not heard this.   Which "leftists" say they want complete open borders? Are there some in Congress?

I could believe that one or two "illegals" vote occasionally. I don't see why this statistically insignificant number should concern me more than thousands of legal voters excluded by voter id laws or redistricting or election fraud which negates the votes of hundreds or thousands.  Have there even been a dozen cases of documented voter fraud in national elections over the last 16 years?

How do you prioritize these issues? Do YOU think voter fraud should be a greater concern than election fraud?

How are "liberals" crapping all over the Constitution? I hope you are not judging them guilty with Zero evidence. 

You call Trump an "idiot" and "a conservative's wet dream."  That's an odd mix--and some conservative dream if it includes tariffs, dissing POWs, draft dodging, and public infidelity. Which American values are you supporting if you support Trump?  Could Trump's critics be upholding American values too?

It's obvious with what I posted to understand what I mean...Therefore it's futile trying to explain anything to you if above is what you actually think. 

The idea that out of a sea of millions and millions of illegal undocumented aliens that you could "believe" one or two could vote occasionally is hilarious.  Not nearly as hilarious as the use of quotations around "illegal" as if people who have entered the country as non-US Citizens not following our immigration laws is a completely fictitious made-up thing.  

https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/voter-fraud-database-tops-1000-proven-cases
(03-07-2019, 02:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

jj pointed out that the deficit is rising (Trump tariffs), he never got us "out" of the climate deals (congress never voted on them) and the military is never "dismantled" they get all the money they want (and more) every year.

But "both sides"  Smirk

It was a comment specifically referencing the Paris Climate Accord...

Really?  the military gets all they want every year and more?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/14/ed-feulner-obama-deep-cuts-to-defense-leaves-us-vu/

https://www.usgovernmentspending.com/defense_spending

Military funding was greatly reduced under Obama compared to Trump....That's not even debatable.  

The Trump Tariffs are a means to an ends.  
(03-07-2019, 11:12 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Not nearly as hilarious as the use of quotations around "illegal" as if people who have entered the country as non-US Citizens not following our immigration laws is a completely fictitious made-up thing.  

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-07-2019, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote:

They must all be free inhabitants...

(03-07-2019, 11:12 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: It's obvious with what I posted to understand what I mean...Therefore it's futile trying to explain anything to you if above is what you actually think. 

The idea that out of a sea of millions and millions of illegal undocumented aliens that you could "believe" one or two could vote occasionally is hilarious.  Not nearly as hilarious as the use of quotations around "illegal" as if people who have entered the country as non-US Citizens not following our immigration laws is a completely fictitious made-up thing.  

https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/voter-fraud-database-tops-1000-proven-cases

I understand what you "mean." I just don't see any proof of what you claim.  "Leftists" who want complete open borders? Liberals who "crap" on the Constitution?  It is futile to explain anything to people who ask for proof? Worth the time spent, though, if people accept your word without proof?

Trump has claimed that out of your sea of millions of illegal and undocumented aliens 3-5 million voted in the 2016 election. People who "know" what they want to know need no proof of that.  But for the rest, Trump empowered a FEDERAL PANEL to investigate voter fraud nationwide. Do you hear much about the results of that investigation on Fox and Right-wing blogs and websites? 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/08/03/the-most-bizarre-thing-ive-ever-been-a-part-of-trump-panel-found-no-voter-fraud-ex-member-says/?utm_term=.de512be73836

Your support for you belief that voter fraud is widespread is 1) it just must be because how could there not be?,
and 2) a Heritage foundation link which claims to have found over a thousand cases over a time period reaching back to the 80s.  I looked at 11 of the cases, which included no illegals. In fact, the HF is including election fraud in its database, often by local politicians. I'm not reading all of them to find one or two illegals who voted.  How good are you at math? Even if the Heritage site documented a 1,000 illegal immigrants over 30 years, what percentage of the hundreds of millions of votes cast would that be?

And of  course you totally ignored my question about priorities. If you are really concerned about the integrity of voting in the US, you should be able to explain why excluding a few possible illegal voters is worth actually excluding thousands of legal voters.  
(03-08-2019, 04:22 AM)Dill Wrote: I understand what you "mean." I just don't see any proof of what you claim.  "Leftists" who want complete open borders? Liberals who "crap" on the Constitution?  It is futile to explain anything to people who ask for proof? Worth the time spent, though, if people accept your word without proof?

Trump has claimed that out of your sea of millions of illegal and undocumented aliens 3-5 million voted in the 2016 election. People who "know" what they want to know need no proof of that.  But for the rest, Trump empowered a FEDERAL PANEL to investigate voter fraud nationwide. Do you hear much about the results of that investigation on Fox and Right-wing blogs and websites? 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/08/03/the-most-bizarre-thing-ive-ever-been-a-part-of-trump-panel-found-no-voter-fraud-ex-member-says/?utm_term=.de512be73836

Your support for you belief that voter fraud is widespread is 1) it just must be because how could there not be?,
and 2) a Heritage foundation link which claims to have found over a thousand cases over a time period reaching back to the 80s.  I looked at 11 of the cases, which included no illegals. In fact, the HF is including election fraud in its database, often by local politicians. I'm not reading all of them to find one or two illegals who voted.  How good are you at math? Even if the Heritage site documented a 1,000 illegal immigrants over 30 years, what percentage of the hundreds of millions of votes cast would that be?

And of  course you totally ignored my question about priorities. If you are really concerned about the integrity of voting in the US, you should be able to explain why excluding a few possible illegal voters is worth actually excluding thousands of legal voters.  

A couple of things here...

1. I’ve already admitted Trump way over exaggerated. You can find that in an earlier post you’ve already quoted of mine.

2. You seem to gloss over the fact that this Federal Panel tasked to investigate voter fraud has been denied access to voter records in states known to have the greatest numbers of illegal immigrants.

Therefore your argument that widespread illegals voting did not happen because a panel never found evidence when they were not allowed to look at the most obvious places it would have taken place is ridiculous.

3. Every illegal vote cast cancels out 1 legal vote cast.

4. What do you think about the Dems opposition to voter ID laws? Their claim that voter ID laws are racist and a ploy from the right to suppress millions of legal minority voters that can not afford IDs. Where’s the evidence that this is true? Another baseless unproven allegation that the MSM has zero issues running with over and over again.