Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mandalorian
Trailer for season 2 dropped. I absolutely loved the first season, and this has me ever more hyped now.

https://youtu.be/eW7Twd85m2g
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Trailer for season 2 dropped. I absolutely loved the first season, and this has me ever more hyped now.

https://youtu.be/eW7Twd85m2g

Great show, one of my faves ever for sure.

Love Mando and Baby Yoda and is just really well done. Thanks Nicomo. Rock On
Reply/Quote
This season looks incredible.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I can't wait for season 2. Ahsoka, Sabine Wren, and Bo Katan (featuring one of my favorite scifi actresses Katee Sackhoff) are going to be featured for an Ahsoka spinoff. Also theres word that they are in the early works for a film set in the Mandalorian time with Thrawn as the main villain who is one of my all time favorite Star Wars characters.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Haven't watched the promos for season 2 yet, but loved season 1 and am eager for the second season...
Reply/Quote
Can't wait!

Season 1 washed away those sequals, especially THJ and TRoS. Such a shame Jon Favreau & Dave Filoni weren't in charge of all three of those movies.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Can't wait!

Season 1 washed away those sequals, especially THJ and TRoS. Such a shame Jon Favreau & Dave Filoni weren't in charge of all three of those movies.

The latest sequel was so bad that Disney is thinking about making it non-canon lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:11 PM)Synric Wrote: The latest sequel was so bad that Disney is thinking about making it non-canon lol.

I actually enjoyed it as a 'going to the movies popcorn flick' kinda movie, while not thinking too much about it while watching it for the first time.

But once the plot (or semblence of one) settled in afterwards, I just smh'd at it when looking at the two prior movies for context. For me it's an odd movie that I disliked a ton more after the initial watching. The Last Jedi though, I hated that movie from the get go.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I loved TFA and TLJ, and enjoyed TRoS well enough. There’s no denying the story in TRoS was a total mess, but I really liked Kylo Ren and Rey as characters, so overall the sequel trilogy mostly worked for me.

I do think The Mandalorian is probably the best thing Disney has put out as far as Star Wars goes though. Yes even better than Rogue One.

I love the dirty, lived in feeling The Mandalorian has, and Pedro Pascal just absolutely kills it in everything he’s in (GoT, Narcos, etc).

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: .

I love the dirty, lived in feeling The Mandalorian has...

I think that's why I haven't enjoyed much from star wars since the originals (4-6). Those movies had exactly that, a dirty lived in feeling. Everything else was just too artificial feeling. Until the mandalorian. It's a great show, looking forward to seeing what they do next.
Reply/Quote
I love that The Mandolorian is leading to more Star Wars live action content. It looks like Rahul Kohli is going to play Ezra Bridger in the near future... and I cannot wait for Thrawn to finally become a bigger part of the Star Wars universe.

I have to say Disney's recent decision to take the Star Wars storylines back to the High Republic is very smart. They get to create their own story which they should have done from the beginning instead of trying to continue with a third trilogy.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I actually enjoyed it as a 'going to the movies popcorn flick' kinda movie, while not thinking too much about it while watching it for the first time.

But once the plot (or semblence of one) settled in afterwards, I just smh'd at it when looking at the two prior movies for context. For me it's an odd movie that I disliked a ton more after the initial watching. The Last Jedi though, I hated that movie from the get go.

The biggest problem with their sequels is that they did not write all 3 prior to filming The Force Awakens, thus zero continuity and no end goal for the story.  It was clear that the second and third movies were not telling the same story as the first.

(09-23-2020, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I loved TFA and TLJ, and enjoyed TRoS well enough. There’s no denying the story in TRoS was a total mess, but I really liked Kylo Ren and Rey as characters, so overall the sequel trilogy mostly worked for me.

I do think The Mandalorian is probably the best thing Disney has put out as far as Star Wars goes though. Yes even better than Rogue One.

I love the dirty, lived in feeling The Mandalorian has, and Pedro Pascal just absolutely kills it in everything he’s in (GoT, Narcos, etc).

Rogue One used the winning formula from The Empire Strikes Back.  By this I mean they wrote a great story that resulted in the bad guys clearly winning the day, but giving reason to have faith that the good guys will win the war.
Reply/Quote
The first episode was a blast. Timothy Olyphant just makes everything better.

I didn’t realize this was only dropping weekly, which kind of sucks, but that was a great start.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 02:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The first episode was a blast. Timothy Olyphant just makes everything better.

I didn’t realize this was only dropping weekly, which kind of sucks, but that was a great start.

I did know that, and that is why I haven't watched it yet.

My sister got me the Disney+ subscription for Christmas, and by the time I got it started season one was long done, so I was able to do a couple of binge nights to watch it.

I'll probably do the same with season two.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Youve-heard-of-Elf-On-The-Shelf-but-are-...info&w=600]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 10:16 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I did know that, and that is why I haven't watched it yet.

My sister got me the Disney+ subscription for Christmas, and by the time I got it started season one was long done, so I was able to do a couple of binge nights to watch it.

I'll probably do the same with season two.

Yeah, I might wait a bit and do the binge when I have time. Busy time of year right now for me.
Reply/Quote
Watched the first 3 episodes, even better than the first season IMO.

Great show, makes me laugh and is just so well done.

Katie Sackhoff is a hot babe in Mando gear. Lol on Baby Yoda eating that Salamander's eggs. Hilarious

Vegans I don't think would like this show ha
Reply/Quote
I tried to get my wife to watch Mandalorian and after about 3/4ths way through, she just wasn’t interested. Damn HOE!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 09:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I tried to get my wife to watch Mandalorian and after about 3/4ths way through, she just wasn’t interested. Damn HOE!

WTF? Shocked
Reply/Quote
Live action Ashoka did not disappoint. :D

Reply/Quote